Bodymedia Fit

Options
KarinFit4Life
KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
Do any of you use a Bodymedia Fit??

Would like some reviews before I go ahead and buy one. After some research I've concluded that its more preferable than the Fitbit or the Bodybugg.

Thanks!

Replies

• graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    It may just be the thing that changes the game. I bought one and I now finally know what I'm burning a day. And it's a LOT more than I thought. I would highly HIGHLY recommend getting one. It certainly makes EM2WL much easier. Do it!
  • KarinFit4Life
    Options
    It may just be the thing that changes the game. I bought one and I now finally know what I'm burning a day. And it's a LOT more than I thought. I would highly HIGHLY recommend getting one. It certainly makes EM2WL much easier. Do it!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I'm in the same mind....I really need to know if my TDEE is right!
    :flowerforyou:
  • graysmom2005
    Options
    It is my number one "item" helping me with this new lifestyle. I'm a group exercise instructor who teaches 10 classes or more a week. I was eating 1800-2000 which I thought was a lot and bounced around the same 5 pounds. For TWO YEARS. I now see that some days like yesterday I'm burning 3400 calories in a day! My cut would be 2900 calories!! Not to mention I had massive deficits. Check out the scooby website too as the calorie goals are super close to my BMF. I'm just starting this, so if you need a friend I am here!
  • KarinFit4Life
    Options
    Thank you so much, you are great! :)
    I will keep you updated on how it goes for me once I receive my Bodymedia! Sooo excited now!!
  • graysmom2005
    Options
    I can't wait to hear how you like it. It has been EYE OPENING!! :-)
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I'm supposed to get mine on Tuesday and I can't wait! One of the hardest things to figure out has been my activity level...If you are a person that tends to keep busy and then deliberately exercise on top of that too at varying intensities but then you have a desk job 5 days a week it can be hard to know just what that tdee number is! I'm really looking forward to getting that settled!
  • graysmom2005
    Options
    What REALLY amazed me was my burn on my REST day. It's when I get the house cleaned/chores done. 2800 or so! On my "rest day". So I was creating a 1100 calorie deficit on my rest day. Unreal.
  • KarinFit4Life
    Options
    Yeah im so glad I will have you guys to ask for help if I get stuck! Hehe. :tongue:
  • slammy1079
    slammy1079 Posts: 97
    Options
    Do you need to buy a subscription on top of the BMF? I really want one, mostly because I am SO curious about what I actually burn every day. I'm suspicious that it's more than I think as well!
  • graysmom2005
    Options
    I think you always get 3 free months...maybe a year if done through Costco...and then you have to pay..wait for it...

SIX BUCKS A MONTH! I mean seriously...I can drop back a couple of Starbucks for the wealth of knowledge this puppy has given me. Well worth it! :-)
  • KarinFit4Life
    Options
    Do you need to buy a subscription on top of the BMF? I really want one, mostly because I am SO curious about what I actually burn every day. I'm suspicious that it's more than I think as well!

Well the first three months are free it seems and then u need to pay the subscription....dont like that part much, but oh well.
    I read somewhere theres a way to bypass it maybe....? Mmmmm.... Dont know but will try and find out
  • KarinFit4Life
    Options
    I think you always get 3 free months...maybe a year if done through Costco...and then you have to pay..wait for it...

SIX BUCKS A MONTH! I mean seriously...I can drop back a couple of Starbucks for the wealth of knowledge this puppy has given me. Well worth it! :-)

Lol, yes thats very cheap actually. Im from South Africa though, we pay x7 unfortunately. But I think it would still be worth it.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Can you use it WITHOUT the subscription? Or do you have to have the $7 subscription to actually get useful data out of it? (When they just as easily could have included a piece of offline software...)
  • jyska
    Options
    Can you use it WITHOUT the subscription? Or do you have to have the $7 subscription to actually get useful data out of it? (When they just as easily could have included a piece of offline software...)

unfortunately it is one of the cons...you do have to have a subscription or it is useless. But it's accuracy is top notch and they recommend it for people who are serious about the numbers.

Graysmom - it's those 'everyday' things that really throw a kink in things don't they?? lol man...I can't wait til tuesday!!
  • slammy1079
    slammy1079 Posts: 97
    Options
    I just checked Costco - $169.99 with a 12-month subscription included. Hmmmm..... :)
  • LCraig0124
    LCraig0124 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    For those of you who are using BMF along with MFP how are you doing it? Are you logging your meals in MFP (much much bigger database I am seeing!!) and then inputting your total cals into your BMF? Or are you logging in both places? I've only had my BMF for about two weeks now. Been logging in both places. Also, it recommends to me a 1,000 calorie deficit each day to lose 2lbs a week. Does this sound correct?
  • jyska
    Options
    For those of you who are using BMF along with MFP how are you doing it? Are you logging your meals in MFP (much much bigger database I am seeing!!) and then inputting your total cals into your BMF? Or are you logging in both places? I've only had my BMF for about two weeks now. Been logging in both places. Also, it recommends to me a 1,000 calorie deficit each day to lose 2lbs a week. Does this sound correct?

I was actually trying to decide what I was going to do about logging too...curious to see what others say. As for the 1000 Calorie deficit, you might want to read this repost of Kiki's http://www.oxygenmag.com/Community/Expert-Q-A/How-does-starvation-versus-eating-fewer-calories-affect-fat-loss.aspx
  • LCraig0124
    LCraig0124 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I was actually trying to decide what I was going to do about logging too...curious to see what others say. As for the 1000 Calorie deficit, you might want to read this repost of Kiki's http://www.oxygenmag.com/Community/Expert-Q-A/How-does-starvation-versus-eating-fewer-calories-affect-fat-loss.aspx

Oh wow. Great article. Thanks!!
  • roro73
    roro73 Posts: 153 Member
    Options

First off let me say I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my BMF! Since I began wearing it religously I feel so confident in the numbers and my defecit. I have an office job, but I'm up & down the stairs all the time and I just recently realized on the weekends I am super active without even exercising. I actually had to make my food diary private because I'm eating so much and was getting comments from others (who seem to be losing rapidly but I'm sure will stall or go backwards) about my 2000 calorie days. As far as logging goes, I only use MFP for the food database & forums, then at the end of the day I do a calorie estimate on BMF (you can log your whole day as well if you want to keep track of macros by creating a new food, titling it with the date and entering your info from MFP but I found it too tedious & not necessary) If you enter the daily estimate that's really all you need and you can run reports that show your average calorie defecit over a period of time (7/14/21/28 days). I think the BMF is really key in EM2WL...I was freaked out with upping calories before I started using it. Totally worth the $7 a month!!! I'm glad so many of us have them :)
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I also LOVE my Bodymedia FIT. I absolutely could not believe I was burning 2600 - 3000 calories a day. I was eating 1200. NO WONDER I STALLED OUT.

Now I use the BMF just to get my overall calorie burn for the day. I have MFP set to maintenance and I just add calories on to get the overall burn up to what BMF says.

Then I eat so I have, on average, a 500 cal deficit - higher than most in this group but seems fairly suitable for me

You're welcome to check out my diary, it's open, and may give you an idea of how you want to track it all :)