Bodymedia Fit

Options

Replies

• jomatho
    jomatho Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    You'll definitely wear it everyday! I went a few days without wearing it but I started stressing about how much I actually burned, plus it really motivates you to move more. Then I started thinking that what if my TDEE changes, I mean it does as your weight drops right? It's a great tool to have so it's a permanent part of my life (at least until I'm well into maintenance and at that point I'll re-evaluate). If there are days when I'm wearing short sleeves at work I just pop it out of the band and into my bra (left cup or band) and I'm good to go without it looking unprofessional.

I have the Link version which is the one with Bluetooth capabilty and I love it! I check it so often it's rediculous :smile:

Do you feel your readings are the same when in your bra? I tried it in my left band under my arm one day while out in the garden (trying to avoid a tan mark around my arm) and the readings seemed low, compared to other days, but I guess I should try it a few different times.
  • KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Lol Tabinmaine, Im sure that I WILL be addicted and not take it off for more than an hour. :laugh:
    Looks like I might have to wait 2-4 weeks for mine from the US.... :sad:
  • roro73
    roro73 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Nope...i tested it on two seperate days both ways. I made sure not to exert myself at all those days...lol. It was within 100 calories so I think it's pretty accurate.

Don't get me wrong though, if I can I prefer to wear it on my arm because that's supposed to be how it works best, but I can't wear it on my arm at work if I have shorts sleeves so it's better than not wearing it.
  • Jessies_journey
    Jessies_journey Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have one also, and really love it. No, you can't wear it in the pool, and you can't wear it for hot yoga, but you can edit off-body time and enter those activities and it estimates caloric burn pretty well - I tested this by wearing my HRM to hot yoga.

I think the subscription is completely worth it. $7 a month... If I didn't have the BMF and could pay someone $7 to give me my daily TDEE number and compile exhaustive reports, I wouldn't hesitate a heartbeat to do that, and the BMF subscription gives me that and more.

I also use MFP to track my calories and macros, and just enter the daily figure into the BMF. Of course, I'm very data-driven, so I also keep a spreadsheet with the following info:
    1. daily morning scale weight
    2. daily calorie intake
    3. daily net calories
    4. daily TDEE as per the BMF
    5. daily TDEE cut %
    6. daily calorie deficit
    7. daily macros (grams and %s)
    8. daily comments - how I feel, what workout I did, is TOM approaching, etc.
    ...and I have tabs with graphs of my weight fluctuations, calories/net calories, macros %s, and I plan to add another graph with TDEE cut % and calorie deficit.

So... yeah. I really like the BMF. :)

Amy

Amy - You are my hero!!! I love love love spreadsheets!!! I just ordered my BMF thru e-bay - I can't wait to set up my spreadsheet!!! Haahaa!!
  • Allic1971
    Allic1971 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Just a not of caution, they only work in 4 countries, USA, CANADA, AUSTRALIA and the UK, some models are not supported in these countries.

I was very lucky that mine is supported in Australia, but Temple care who you are supposed to buy them through here in Australia said that the link - bluetooth one is not supported here, but I had already bought mine from Amazon, lucky for me it workes with my smart phone.

Just check before you buy on either Amazon or Bodymedia site.

It is an amazing product and it relects that I indeed was not eating enough , burn for yesterday was 2728. but I only ate 2049... need to improve on that LOL

Cheers
    Alli
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Just a not of caution, they only work in 4 countries, USA, CANADA, AUSTRALIA and the UK, some models are not supported in these countries.

I was very lucky that mine is supported in Australia, but Temple care who you are supposed to buy them through here in Australia said that the link - bluetooth one is not supported here, but I had already bought mine from Amazon, lucky for me it workes with my smart phone.

It is an amazing product and it relects that I indeed was not eating enough , burn for yesterday was 2728. but I only ate 2049... need to improve on that LOL

Cheers
    Alli

How can they only be supported in those countries when you access it through a website on the internet ? That does not make sense to me at all ?? am I missing something ? lol
  • Allic1971
    Options

Cheers
    Alli

How can they only be supported in those countries when you access it through a website on the internet ? That does not make sense to me at all ?? am I missing something ? lol

They will not let you join the Bodymedia site you have to look on the site to see where they are supported, many on Amazon have complained that it will not work where they live!, just saying check first :)
  • scottc561
    scottc561 Posts: 329 Member
    Options

Cheers
    Alli

This is correct, I was reading some comments from people saying they purchased it and it does not work in their country. Kinda dumb but nothing we can really do about it.
  • KarinFit4Life
    Options

Cheers
    Alli

This is correct, I was reading some comments from people saying they purchased it and it does not work in their country. Kinda dumb but nothing we can really do about it.

WHAT!?!? NoNoNo! :sad: :sad:
    Im in South Africa, so that means my BM Advantage will NOT work??? How come they sell it then to us??
  • Allic1971
    Options
    Hi Karin1234,

I would send them an email and ask before you buy, Amazon will ship it, but BodyMedia themselves will not ship outside of USA and Canada.

I think on the site there are retailers, who sell the product in different countries under a different name, li KI Fitness for the UK, I can't check this for you as my IP address is now set in their system.

I really hope you can get one as I find it so helpful!

Good luck
    Alli
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late to the party here but I've had my BMF for about 3 weeks now and I absolutely LOVE it!! I have the Link so I love being able to check my numbers in real time. It helps keep me active, too...I notice I've been parking further away from stores so I can walk and riding my bike a lot further to get more of a burn.

I was also surprised by how much I actually burn compared to what Fat2Fit Radio was giving me for my TDEE. Even simple household chores like laundry and cooking burn more calories than I expected.

On a side note, someone suggested wearing the BMF on my left calf when riding my bike and I notice that it's way more accurate when I do that in terms of my calorie burn. It seemed so low in comparison to what my HRM said I was burning when I just wore it on my arm. So I moved it to my calf and the burn was pretty much on target with what my HRM noted. But that's the only time I change it from my left arm.
  • oonga
    oonga Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Bummer! i just found a store in Australia who sells them. I got really excited when I saw $100!!

THought yep getting it for sure at that price!! It's actually Save $100 but the price of it is $399 :(
  • KarinFit4Life
    Options
    Hi Karin1234,

I would send them an email and ask before you buy, Amazon will ship it, but BodyMedia themselves will not ship outside of USA and Canada.

I think on the site there are retailers, who sell the product in different countries under a different name, li KI Fitness for the UK, I can't check this for you as my IP address is now set in their system.

I really hope you can get one as I find it so helpful!

Good luck
    Allil

Hi Alli,
    Thanks for that, but Ive already ordered and paid for it! :mad:
    Ive sent emails to a few places, will have to be patient till after the weekend. :frown:
    Im very upset about this. There are no warnings about it on ANY of these sites that sells them.
  • KarinFit4Life
    Options
    Bummer! i just found a store in Australia who sells them. I got really excited when I saw $100!!

THought yep getting it for sure at that price!! It's actually Save $100 but the price of it is $399 :(

Amazon sells the Advantage for 99 dollars I think
  • oonga
    oonga Posts: 336 Member
    Options

how does shipping work to Australia? I can't find overseas shipping there?
  • KarinFit4Life
    Options

how does shipping work to Australia? I can't find overseas shipping there?

It will give a message on the page where the price etc is - it will specify it that product can be shipped to your destination or not. But you have to be logged in so it can pick up your address.
  • techmom29
    techmom29 Posts: 103
    Options
    bump
  • Kooopons
    Kooopons Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking of getting one, the Costco free year membership deal ends today I think!

iPhone question- does anyone have the iphone 4S and is it working with the link model? I've read conflicting info and don't want to buy the link if it won't work with my phone. Thanks!
  • rebekahgo
    rebekahgo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Karin, if it's just a matter of registering on the website, do you have a friend in the US or one of the other approved countries whose address you can use?
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking of getting one, the Costco free year membership deal ends today I think!

iPhone question- does anyone have the iphone 4S and is it working with the link model? I've read conflicting info and don't want to buy the link if it won't work with my phone. Thanks!

I have the 4S and mine links up just fine. I did have to call customer support when setting it up due to a minor problem...I just had to adjust the clock on my iPhone to match my laptop exactly. Some strange little quirk I suppose that a lot of people seem to run into but very easy to fix. The support guy was super helpful!!

It works fine for me and I love being able to check my progress while I'm on the go!!