Metabolism Reset - Eating at TDEE Support Thread

Options

Replies

• Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    In terms of food, I am really enjoying eating so much- except for the fact that by the end of the day after dinner my stomach has expanded at least 3 inches from its normal size. However, when I wake up in the morning, it's deflated and nice and skinny again. Is this normal?? Does everyone else's stomachs expand so much after eating? It's quite annoying... makes my favorite jeans too tight :/
    Yes, I am right there with you. It's normal and part of the game :)
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I am really struggling psychologically with eating my TDEE. Today will be the first day I've actually hit it, and only because I am very sick so I have been sat on the sofa all day :( Most days I have missed it by 300-800. I am up to 2400 as my goal but it's a real battle especially since I am a recovering anorexic. Sometimes I eat more in a single day than I used to in a whole week. This is the end of my 8th week of hitting 2000+ intake 4th week of 2200+. Fingers crossed that I can make this my first week of 2400!

In other news my scale has gone. I told my bf to make it go away so he did. It feels good. I don't plan on having it back for a long time.
    Hi there!
    I know it is hard, to hit TDEE. And I know your feelings, that are connected with it. I too was anorexic and on low cals for many many years. But doing the reset, is the best thing you can do for your health. I struggled to in the beginning. Fist to get all the food in, and also mentally, it is really challenging. But, I am on my last week of reset, and I feel great. I am liberated, and I know that I can enjoy food. Yes, I did gain weight, during the reset, but it is expected. But I am certain, it will go, after I start my cut. And even if the lbs don't go, and I just lose inches and gain muscle definition-I am happy.
    Stay strong-if you need anything let us know

Small steps:) You are consistently over 2000 cals! That is great news based on your history. Give yourself props when they are due. You threw away the scale! Even more props!
    You will get there.. and when you do, you will feel even more wonderful than you are now. Its not a race. Take your time.. If you need to, take a few extra weeks and get yourself up to that TDEE mark and stay there. Work on eating higher cals, low density foods.. seems like less food for more cals. That can help you get in those higher numbers.
    Scale back on the exercise... less exercise means less cals to eat.. maybe start there and work your way up to tdee, then bring back in the gym time..

You are doing great. Keep it up!!

Heading into the last week this week!!! about 8 or 9 ish days left for me!!!
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    RAYNNNNNN~YOU ARE GOING TO DO THIS!!!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I can't believe you are THIS close to the end~ I KNOW you thought it would NEVER end, didn't you???:ohwell:

I am so excited for you~ this part of your "journey" has been gruelling for you!!

Post your countdown days every day, OK??

(a person can never have too many "all cap" or "all smiley" posts:blushing: )
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Starting week 8! It's been nuts nuts nuts the past several weeks and my weight has shown that. I've struggled a lot in the past couple of weeks, so I'm up more than I really need to be from the reset. The fatigue is possibly lifting, but it's hard to tell. I felt better towards the middle of last week, but then had a birthday party to get ready for my two little guys and tons of stuff to do. The party was yesterday, so of course I've felt exhausted all day today! But I'm hoping that tomorrow morning I will wake with energy. If I still seem exhausted at the end of week 8 I may have to extend my reset until my energy stabilizes.

I've also been changing up my diet for the past week to try to move closer to plant-based. Just a personal decision - obviously not an EM2WL thing. Why I chose the last two weeks of my reset to start fiddling with my foods is beyond me, but here I am. So I'm working really hard to get all of my calories in. It's a lot harder to do so without meat in the mix! It'll be a learning process for sure!

Anyways, I'm hoping to run tonight. Hubby doesn't want me to because of the heat but honestly it's not cooling down anytime soon and I need to get out there!
  • rr85114
    rr85114 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    @Noor 13 - thanks for your constant encouragement. You're totally right, I just need to relax and keep soldiering on.

@rosied915 - you're an absolute gem! Thank you for being such a champ!
  • rosied915
    Options
    Oh my, just got a HUGE shock.

Decided to get on the scale since I realized that the length of the Reset depends on when my weight stabilizes.

Oh my, UP another 8 pounds!! For a grand total of 16 pounds since starting EM2WL.

Guys, I am in dangerous territory healthwise~ I am only 5'0" and weigh 215.5~ I am officially TWO people now.

Scared. Talk to me.......
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options

Decided to get on the scale since I realized that the length of the Reset depends on when my weight stabilizes.

Oh my, UP another 8 pounds!! For a grand total of 16 pounds since starting EM2WL.

Guys, I am in dangerous territory healthwise~ I am only 5'0" and weigh 215.5~ I am officially TWO people now.

Hang in there Rosie. Remember this weight could be a number of things, not a real gain! When the body starts to repair itself, blood and organs do their share of repair work, so being up eight pounds does NOT mean 8 pounds of fat! There's likely quite a bit of water in there also!

How many weeks into EM2WL are you?
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Today is day 7 of my diet break, I haven't decided if I am going to continue for one more week or not. I am leaning towards not because I think I am going to do this every 4 weeks.

And I am already used to those extra calories, not sure what I will want to cut out now lol.

In those 7 days my weight has stayed the same, no gain and no loss (which is crazy because I was maintaining like that with 500 less calories). AND......I have lost a half inch off my waist!!!
  • Noor13
    Options

Rosie, I know it is worrisome, but I promise you, it will all come off again. It's just water weight. I know it can be really scary. But please don't give up-you are on the way to getting healthy. Once you have passed this stage, you will have your metabolism set, and then things will be alright. We are here for you.
  • Noor13
    Options
    Today is day 7 of my diet break, I haven't decided if I am going to continue for one more week or not. I am leaning towards not because I think I am going to do this every 4 weeks.

And I am already used to those extra calories, not sure what I will want to cut out now lol.

In those 7 days my weight has stayed the same, no gain and no loss (which is crazy because I was maintaining like that with 500 less calories). AND......I have lost a half inch off my waist!!!
    Way to go, Heidi! If you keep doing a break every 4 weeks you will be doing great, and the weight will just fall off :)
  • findingmyhappyplace
    findingmyhappyplace Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Well the good news is that my thyroid is no longer underactive so I definitely DO need to be eating 2400 on a rest day. Yikes. I managed to complete last week on just on 2400 average and this week I plan to do the same again - I should get nearer my true TDEE since I am sick and shouldn't really be working out. The even better news is that I still fit in my size 0 jeans!
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Well the good news is that my thyroid is no longer underactive so I definitely DO need to be eating 2400 on a rest day. Yikes. I managed to complete last week on just on 2400 average and this week I plan to do the same again - I should get nearer my true TDEE since I am sick and shouldn't really be working out. The even better news is that I still fit in my size 0 jeans!

Can I just say that your picture is super inspiring~!! Love the muscles.
  • Raynn1
    Options

Hang in there Rosie.. not much longer to go.. and then that weight will melt off of you. Think of all the good things you are doing for yourself, for your health. You can do it!!!
  • Raynn1
    Options

Its easy to get comfortable at TDEE, isnt it?:) Great job on finishing a full week!! I hope it helps get things going again for you!
  • Raynn1
    Options
    FINAL WEEK!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOTTTT!!!
  • gijane8871015
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I am going to join you in the reset! I have been eating between 1200-1550 calories for over a year. I hit my maintenance but gained it all back a couple weeks later! I need to get this weight off ... but I was to look defined and get rid of this belly.

I am in Day 2 of reset, but first day hitting all my macros!

Hi everyone! So I've decided to join the forum. I will update once every 1-2 weeks. :)

BMR: 1472
    TDEE: 2367
    Weight at beginning of reset: 131
    Current weight: 131
    Goal reset length: 8 weeks
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options

omG i'm soooo excited for you!!! and envious haha :flowerforyou:

I actually lost track of time with being busy and stuff and turns out i'm finishing week 4 tomorrow :) Can't believe I made it this far. I had actually convinced myself at the beginning of last week that I was going to cut and got myself all psyched up for more exercise but instead convinced myself to stay on reset. Sometimes I think i'm my own worst enemy...well actually I KNOW I am haha That's probably where I got off-track with my time. But Wednesday I start week 5 amazingly. No changes other then inches lost. My weight has been the same. Still only gained 4 non-water weight pounds since the beginning. Still can't WAIT to cut!!!
  • CampinGal34
    CampinGal34 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've decided to start my cut today after 7.5 wks! I can't believe it's been that long...and I'm glad yet sad it's over. I noticed last night after eating at my TDEE how hungry I still was....I went to bed with my stomach growling!!! Overall my reset: only a 2lb weight gain, no huge signaficant change in inches, but a huge mental and emotional gain!!! I feel so much better, healthier, like I finally understand WTH my body is trying to tell me! Just wanted to thank everyone for the support! I was one of the silent, stalky types--didn't speak up much, but I read every word y'all posted and it made a HUGE difference to me! Thank you! You folks rock my socks!! So, off to start my journey...I'm already looking forward to 6 weeks from now when I return to TDEE!! hee hee!! Wish me luck!!! :)

PS>>> This is DOABLE!

-Jamie :drinker:
  • rosied915
    Options

Hang in there Rosie. Remember this weight could be a number of things, not a real gain! When the body starts to repair itself, blood and organs do their share of repair work, so being up eight pounds does NOT mean 8 pounds of fat! There's likely quite a bit of water in there also!

How many weeks into EM2WL are you?

So I am 12 weeks total into EM2WL.
    I ate at Cut (TDEE- 15%) for 9 of those weeks
    I've completed 3 weeks of Reset and am in Week 4 now.

I gained 8 pounds on Cut in 9 weeks
    I just gained ANOTHER 8 pounds on Reset in 3 weeks. (I am also a month into NROLFW)

ANYWAY~thank you all for the support and I DO feel better!:love:

My brain has taken over and I realize that I had reverted to my "comfort zone" of "scale mentality".:explode:

I did my NROLFW workout and was especially BADASS:smokin: so that really lifted my spirits too:tongue:

This morning was just such a shock and a flood of emotions came over me~ all of them BAD and counterproductive.

SO, Dear Ones, Rosie's First Whine is officially OVER and let the smiley posts begin!!!:heart::heart: :heart: :heart:
  • rosied915
    Options
    :heart: :heart:

THESE ARE THE POSTS THAT LIFT MY SPIRITS AND MAKE MY DAY!!!
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart::heart::heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: