Metabolism Reset - Eating at TDEE Support Thread

Options

Replies

• MeDoula
    MeDoula Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    gordonx4: With the reset, you eat at TDEE (2134 cal in your case) for 6-8 weeks. There IS a lot of conflicting information out here. That's one of the reasons why I don't frequent the "regular" forums much. Stick around. We will be here to catch you. :flowerforyou:

Carani: Hmm...what's peanut soup? Sounds interesting. What do you mean by "bad fat"? I'm working on cal first too. Later on getting the micros right.

Ok...I'm done "foruming" for today. I can't have this become the second Facebook...

Hi Cutie Patootie~ :flowerforyou:

Are you saying you're sick of us already?????:sad: :sad:

Hehe...I'm peeking in throughout the day :bigsmile:
  • MeDoula
    Options
    I find it hard jumping over my shadow right now. So far I only burned 1685 calories today (little more than 3.5 hour to go till Bodybugg resets so there is no way I will get even) and I still have to eat more to hit my TDEE average. I know that I won't see my TDEE on display today. I better burn off the surplus in the next couple days. :grumble:
  • Carani
    Carani Posts: 24
    Options
    Honey, as hard as we hope it won't be us who gain 12 lbs during reset, the whole thing is about resetting your metabolism by offering our bodies an abundance of food.
    I'ts the law of averages here, there will be days we move enough to 'cancel out' our food for the day. But there will probably be even more days that we will find an imbalance where we have eaten more than we move. If not, it means that we chose too low of an activity level.

Resetting is a small step in the bigger picture and for the next few weeks we need to lose the 'weight loss' attitude. Like you say, you average it out over the next few days. Or not.
  • asidebottom
    Options
    I posted this on the main board but thought I'd pop it in here as well!

I just weighed and measured myself for the first time since the 17th May when I started my reset. It's all good and I am beyond happy

I only gained 2lb, which was much less than I was preparing myself for! My measurements are the best thing:

Waist -1"
    Hips - 1/2"
    Chest- 1.5"
    Arms same
    Thighs -1"
    Wrist same
    Forearm - 1/2"
    Calf same

So that's a loss of 4.5" overall, my chest being the big thing for me I've been trying to shift weight from there for forever! I am going to give it another couple of weeks as I have a few social events to attend and then do a 10% cut see if I can reveal the muscle.

I have been eating 2100 consistantly since May but had to put it up a bit a few weeks ago as I was becoming more active, I upped to 2200. I have been using my fitbit to work out daily burn, averaging a few weeks of data. I am lifting heavy 2 or 3 times a week, doing one strength and conditioning class and a couple of hour long walks and that's it! The hard cardio has gone for good..... though I am about to move onto Stage 2 of NROLFW which has some HIIT.

Alison
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    Hi all! I am just curious if a reset is for me. I am at goal range 150-155 with 23% bodyfat. I currently eat 2600+ exercise and love it. It probably isn't necessary but I just figured I would ask. Have a great day!
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I posted this on the main board but thought I'd pop it in here as well!

I just weighed and measured myself for the first time since the 17th May when I started my reset. It's all good and I am beyond happy

I only gained 2lb, which was much less than I was preparing myself for! My measurements are the best thing:

Waist -1"
    Hips - 1/2"
    Chest- 1.5"
    Arms same
    Thighs -1"
    Wrist same
    Forearm - 1/2"
    Calf same

So that's a loss of 4.5" overall, my chest being the big thing for me I've been trying to shift weight from there for forever! I am going to give it another couple of weeks as I have a few social events to attend and then do a 10% cut see if I can reveal the muscle.

I have been eating 2100 consistantly since May but had to put it up a bit a few weeks ago as I was becoming more active, I upped to 2200. I have been using my fitbit to work out daily burn, averaging a few weeks of data. I am lifting heavy 2 or 3 times a week, doing one strength and conditioning class and a couple of hour long walks and that's it! The hard cardio has gone for good..... though I am about to move onto Stage 2 of NROLFW which has some HIIT.

Alison

WOW~ congratulations Alison!!! I am so glad you posted this here too, since your story is so inspiring to all of us in the nitty gritty of the Reset!

Wonderful, wonderful news!:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • rosied915
    Options
    Hi all! I am just curious if a reset is for me. I am at goal range 150-155 with 23% bodyfat. I currently eat 2600+ exercise and love it. It probably isn't necessary but I just figured I would ask. Have a great day!

You look fantastic, seem to be eating enough and are exercising~ I got nothin'! Carry on and Congrats on the stellar weight loss!!
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Hi guys-just giving a quick update.

Nothing major to report-the weight gain is still there. BUT I am feeling so much better.

You guys have helped me a lot and I really appreciate all your kind words and encouragement. I will go on, cause going back is not an option in any way.
    I am having my rest day today and I am enjoying it. Visited a friend, had a nice conversation with her as well as coffee and cake. And I don't need to feel guilty about it, cause there is room for it in my allowance.

One of many reasons, why I love EM2WL.

Have a great days, my friends
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options

You look fantastic, seem to be eating enough and are exercising~ I got nothin'! Carry on and Congrats on the stellar weight loss!!

What she said. It sounds like you are eating a good amount and that things are going well with your goals. Keep up the fantastic work!
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options

Have you done a diet break yet? Every 4-6 weeks its a great idea to eat at TDEE for 1-2 weeks and rest from your workout routine if you haven't already. Some say thats when they see the most changes.
  • gordonx4
    gordonx4 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank you for every ones quick response. I can tell this is a great support group. :bigsmile:

Looking back at the time frame all of you right, that it would be to much weight lose in such a short time. :blushing: I actually started with this goal 4 months ago and didn't reevaluate it before I posted it. I'm going on a cruise in February :bigsmile: and would like to have the weight gone by then. I see now that this is more about taking care of my self then the weight loss. I'm not looking forward to the gain in the next few weeks. I am looking forward to it falling off after that.
  • MeDoula
    Options
    Honey, as hard as we hope it won't be us who gain 12 lbs during reset, the whole thing is about resetting your metabolism by offering our bodies an abundance of food.
    I'ts the law of averages here, there will be days we move enough to 'cancel out' our food for the day. But there will probably be even more days that we will find an imbalance where we have eaten more than we move. If not, it means that we chose too low of an activity level.

Resetting is a small step in the bigger picture and for the next few weeks we need to lose the 'weight loss' attitude. Like you say, you average it out over the next few days. Or not.

I did it. It's funny but after posting last light, I got really hungry :laugh: and ate without complaining. Day 5 for me and some bloating went down. I don't want to jinx myself though. :tongue:

Hope everyone is having a good day. Keep eating ladies :bigsmile:
  • cmje94066
    cmje94066 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    What is the metabolism reset? can someone explain the purpose and hows on it?:embarassed:
  • Carani
    Carani Posts: 24
    Options
    I did it. It's funny but after posting last light, I got really hungry :laugh: and ate without complaining. Day 5 for me and some bloating went down. I don't want to jinx myself though. :tongue:

Hope everyone is having a good day. Keep eating ladies :bigsmile:

Well done! You go girl!

I have ditched my normal lunch salad for a bread lunch in order to up my calories. I notice however that I get more munchies when I up my carbs. I'm thinking about setting my macros to 30-30-40 for a while, see how I do on that.

I did crappy on the protein front. I have 200 calories left, so I'll go scour the fridge for ways to improve my score.
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Small NSV for me.
    Yesterday we went to the Stampede (for the Americans, the Calgary Stampede is a huge rodeo, fair, amusement park, etc etc, attraction put on here every year. This year is the 100th anniversary).. with the kids and had a great time. In past years we have gone, I have only ever picked ONE "treat" to have while down there, while eating fruit and snacks I prepacked.

Well as you can see from my diary yesterday... I had mini donuts.. a corndog... a pineapple whip and a apple pie ice cream cone:)
    And I dont feel guilty in the least!:)

And while I enjoyed every last bite of it, I had to put a smile on my face when I listened to my GF who is on a VLCD complain that she had a corndog and felt like total crap after and gained 4 pounds this week because of her choices...

I actually dropped .4 this week:)
  • rosied915
    Options
    Small NSV for me.
    Yesterday we went to the Stampede (for the Americans, the Calgary Stampede is a huge rodeo, fair, amusement park, etc etc, attraction put on here every year. This year is the 100th anniversary).. with the kids and had a great time. In past years we have gone, I have only ever picked ONE "treat" to have while down there, while eating fruit and snacks I prepacked.

Well as you can see from my diary yesterday... I had mini donuts.. a corndog... a pineapple whip and a apple pie ice cream cone:)

And while I enjoyed every last bite of it, I had to put a smile on my face when I listened to my GF who is on a VLCD complain that she had a corndog and felt like total crap after and gained 4 pounds this week because of her choices...

RAYNNNNNN!!!! :love: :love:
    That is freakin AWESOMMMMME!!!:bigsmile:
    Good for you girl AND for you new-found freedom!!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    SO, SO PROUD.......:blushing:
  • MeDoula
    Options
    Argh I hate the days before TOM. My hormones are through the roof and I turn into a moody and raging beast who craves carbs with no end. How I hate this time. :grumble: :sad:

I'm getting more accurate numbers from normal days and it looks like my TDEE is closer to 2000. I know that I'm supposed to stick with one number but I'm not sure if I'm willing to eat over 100 cal everyday knowing that it all goes into my hips. I will be busted if I outgrow my very few clothes and there is no way I will be able to afford buying brand new work and private wardrobe. I now had couple days where I ate over (way over my TDEE). I feel guilty and want to start over by lowering my number to actual TDEE and then stick with it for the next weeks.
  • Noor13
    Options
    Small NSV for me.

Way to go, Lady!
    Well done you :))))
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options

Have you done a diet break yet? Every 4-6 weeks its a great idea to eat at TDEE for 1-2 weeks and rest from your workout routine if you haven't already. Some say thats when they see the most changes.

Every now and then I take a week off from exercise, I eat my tdee 2600+ exercise.......thanks for the other responses also :) so I guess I don't need to.
  • Noor13
    Options

Every now and then I take a week off from exercise, I eat my tdee 2600+ exercise.......thanks for the other responses also :) so I guess I don't need to.

It wont hurt to tale a break from exercising now and again as well. You will get back to it stronger