who's 5'3" and like 130lbs?!?

Options
tbolashana
tbolashana Posts: 2,707 Member
i am 5'3" and weigh 128lbs. GW 120 (but will settle for 123[hs weight :smile: ])

i find it hard to lose these last few lbs. my hubby is just dropping his weight like hot cakes and i find myself jealous. i know everyone is different, but shoot i want to lose a lb a day.

i do insanity and didn't have a HRM until a few days ago, so i don't think i was eating enough.:explode: i was only eating 1200 and maybe i should've been eating more. i wasn't eating my exercise cal, but now i am. i am currently only doing the insanity, no strength training.

what do u think i should do? anybody with a similar story.

Replies

• jlohcook
    jlohcook Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and was at 120 or slightly more. My weighing scale was not too accurate, now I have a digital one. Started to see my weight dropping when I Started to change my regime instead of just pure circuit training on Nike training or elliptical:

1. Weight training, just 2kg dumbbells. 2x a week 45 mins
    2. Added 1 run a week 30-45 mins, 3-4 km
    3. Added 1 swim - 60 mins non stop breast stroke.
    4. Other 3 days, elliptical, with higher intensity and mini stepper

I also increased my intake to net 1100-1300, as I was always hungry and feeling light headed when I added all these exercises.
  • tbolashana
    Options
    thanks for responding! wow u do ALOT! i think i will incorporate weights.
  • jlohcook
    jlohcook Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Go slow and easy, took me more than a year to be able to have the stamina to do all this.
  • pazzoo
    pazzoo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and currently 130lb, aiming to lose 10 more while building stamina and strength. I always aim for a net of 1200 calories, whether I workout, walk for an hour or two, or am sedentary, as I have been lately due to a cold. What worked for my weight loss to date is still working, watching calories, eating foods from all the food groups, limiting portions and frequency of eating sugary foods.

I'd suggest you ensure eating 1200 net calories minimum. If you've lost weight recently look back at what did work for you and try renewing your efforts especially regarding food. I slipped a bit and stopped tracking calories on MFP after a holiday and my weight loss slowed down. It helped to get back to routinely eating my "best" meals, like grilled fish and wilted spinach, or grilled chicken on a big mixed salad.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I am 5 foot 2 and currently at 135lbs. I am looking for buddies around similar height and weight so we can do this together :)
    Feel free to add me xxx
  • artsyalice
    artsyalice Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and 132 - feel free to friend me! I've lost 8 lbs in the past couple months and would like to tone up more!
  • laura_lynn66
    laura_lynn66 Posts: 175
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and 126..would love to be 115, but would settle for a fit 118 or 120..flabby! I have been going to boot camp 3 times a week, but just now have started paying more attention to my calories...never really realized how many calories I was actually eating!
    I always feel hungry, so it is so very hard to restrain myself. My boot camp instructor suggested canned salmon over a salad for lunch, instead of all of the pre-packaged meals I was having...It wasn't bad..just tried it today...if anyone has any other suggestions to keep feeling full, I would appreciate it!
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and 126..would love to be 115, but would settle for a fit 118 or 120..flabby! I have been going to boot camp 3 times a week, but just now have started paying more attention to my calories...never really realized how many calories I was actually eating!
    I always feel hungry, so it is so very hard to restrain myself. My boot camp instructor suggested canned salmon over a salad for lunch, instead of all of the pre-packaged meals I was having...It wasn't bad..just tried it today...if anyone has any other suggestions to keep feeling full, I would appreciate it!

I got down to 115lbs last year and really wish i had stuck to it to keep that way, now i need to get loads off lol.
    We can do this girls :) xxx
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I'm with you darling, it is so hard to lose at this stage. I am 5'4" at 130 (on a smallish frame). I really ned to be 120lb but would love closer to 115. BTW, that is not me in the avatar she is just for inspiration. If you haven't tried Jillian Michael's 30 day shred I highly recommend it. It is really cheap on Amazon (like $9) and I definitely had results. but anyway good luck, I'll be sifting through here for some pearls of wisdom too since I am struggling with the same thing.
  • tbolashana
    Options
    I'm with you darling, it is so hard to lose at this stage. I am 5'4" at 130 (on a smallish frame). I really ned to be 120lb but would love closer to 115. BTW, that is not me in the avatar she is just for inspiration. If you haven't tried Jillian Michael's 30 day shred I highly recommend it. It is really cheap on Amazon (like $9) and I definitely had results. but anyway good luck, I'll be sifting through here for some pearls of wisdom too since I am struggling with the same thing.

VERY FUNNY THAT YOU POINTED OUT THE PIC WASN'T YOU CUZ I WAS WONDERING. LOL :laugh:

i am currently doing insanity and would like to start an exercise program after, so i will def think about JM 30 day shred. i like the fact that it is 30 days.
  • tbolashana
    Options
    thanks everyone for replying. i appreciate your feedback.:flowerforyou:
  • RedRelish
    RedRelish Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and 135lbs. Just starting to get serious about getting fit and healthy again. I've been down to around 100lbs a couple years ago (which was definitely too skinny), but I'd love to get back to a happy medium of 115lbs or so for now. I take martial arts classes and run a few times per week (I'm actually training for a half marathon at the moment), but I have major problems controlling my diet in terms of quantity that I'm trying to address. Definitely loving all the support in developing healthy habits for life! :smile:
  • tbolashana
    Options
    wow a marathon! that's amazing! and martial arts sounds fantastic. i don't think that i could ever even be 100lbs, but my bff is 105 and same height so i guess so. lol and the support is terrific!
  • deeja82176
    deeja82176 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 2 1/2' ( that half an inch means alot to me) and fluctuate between 132-136 my goal weight is 125 and seems super unattainable at this point. I lift heavy 3x a week and do cardio (zumba) 3x week. I eat better than I have ever eaten in my life and i can not lose those last friggin 5-10 pounds. I have given up on the scale and have committed to taking my measurements for proof of some success.

Muscle weighs more than fat, that's what I keep telling myself.
  • tbolashana
    Options
    I'm 5' 2 1/2' ( that half an inch means alot to me) and fluctuate between 132-136 my goal weight is 125 and seems super unattainable at this point. I lift heavy 3x a week and do cardio (zumba) 3x week. I eat better than I have ever eaten in my life and i can not lose those last friggin 5-10 pounds. I have given up on the scale and have committed to taking my measurements for proof of some success.

Muscle weighs more than fat, that's what I keep telling myself.

you sound exactly like me. i agree with everything.
  • kaitlinwick
    Options
    I am 5' 2" and 130 pounds, and I want to be around 120 -122. I have had a hard time getting past 126, any suggestions?
  • supershineexo
    supershineexo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am 31 yrs old. 5'2 and 130 lbs.
    I want to reach my goal which is 110lbs-105lbs!

I tried dieting using MFP calorie counter and exercise everyday using workout videos and went to gold's gym(treadmill/elliptical) once a week. i did that for 1.5 months and lost 5 lbs. I got motivated becasue i attended a beach wedding. BUT gained it all back when i stopped diet/exercise after the event.

Now, i really want to lose the 20-30 lbs for good and maintain a healthy living!

feel free to add me! need all the help and motivation i can get! =) let's help each other!:flowerforyou:
  • tbolashana
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am 31 yrs old. 5'2 and 130 lbs.
    I want to reach my goal which is 110lbs-105lbs!

I tried dieting using MFP calorie counter and exercise everyday using workout videos and went to gold's gym(treadmill/elliptical) once a week. i did that for 1.5 months and lost 5 lbs. I got motivated becasue i attended a beach wedding. BUT gained it all back when i stopped diet/exercise after the event.

Now, i really want to lose the 20-30 lbs for good and maintain a healthy living!

feel free to add me! need all the help and motivation i can get! =) let's help each other!:flowerforyou:

FRIEND REQUEST SENT AND MOTIVATION ON THE WAY!!!! WE CAN DO IT!
  • balancedhealth
    Options
    5'3" and 120. GW is 105. I have a small frame and the extra lbs just show up as extra fat in all the wrong places.
  • johloz
    johloz Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 132 lbs. Looking to lose some weight, but mainly focused on firming up. Muscle weighs more than fat.

Also, it sounds like you're trying to lose weight WAY too quickly. A pound a day? To lose a pound of fat, you need to eat 3500 calories less than you burn. If you are doing that in a day, you are going to put yourself in the hospital. Most of the time we lost a pound in a day, it's water weight. If you are working out hard and only eating 1200 calories a day, you're body is probably going into starvation mode, which means that it is consuming lean muscle, not fat. That's only going to make it harder to lose weight in the future, and ultimately make you the dreaded "skinny fat". Also, when you don't eat enough, your metabolism gets jacked up. Your BMR (basal metabolic rate) is how many calories your body burns doing basic functions. Essentially, how many calories you would still burn if you were lying in a coma. If you don't eat enough, your body will go into survival mode, cutting your BMR by as much as half, which means that you will still gain weight even if you hardly eat anything.

Use My Fitness Pal to gauge a better amount of calories to lose weight at a healthier pace. I know it's easy to obsess over our figures and want to be perfect now, but it's not worth putting your body out of commission and being unable to be healthy and active due to illness or injury.

Good luck to you!