who's 5'3" and like 130lbs?!?

Options

Replies

• nowakkk
    nowakkk Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

I'm 5'2" and around 130 lbs. I have 10-15 lbs to go. I need to tone up as I feel I'm getting "skinny fat" These last lbs have been so hard to get rid of.

I don't think I'm eating enough to be honest. My net is always way under my caloric intake. I typically take in about 1200 calories per day. With exercise I burn between 500-700 calories by doing cardio. So my net is anywhere from 600--800 on any given day? I'm eating small snacks every couple of hours it seems like. Of course, they are healthy, but do not fill me up.

Need to totally revamp my diet plan for these last lbs so welcome criticism, advice, meal suggestions, work out suggestions etc.

I do have an exercise plan moving forward that includes - M-Th 60 minutes of cardio 30 minutes of strength and a long run (13 miles) Saturdays with rest days on Fridays and Sundays. I also walk during my lunch breaks for 40 minutes M-F so I'm certain I am burning quite a bit.

What i need help with is understanding what calories (ratios of carbs/fat/protein) i should be physically eating on a daily basis to lose 1 lb per week. It's all very confusing to me and I feel lost.

Thank you!
  • djohnson_143
    djohnson_143 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 124.8ilbs according to the scale the past two days. But I put that i'm 126lbs cause I'm afraid that the scale is wrong. :ohwell: Anyway, my goal is 120lbs. I hope I get there. I think I'm most afraid of not gaining it back once I reach my goal.
  • thewinged
    Options
    I am 5'2", and I weigh about 130. But this is normal weight for me - I have muscle from skiing, hiking, and biking. I also have a big butt (true story, haha). I'm not really trying to change much beyond eating healthier - my goal is to still be skiing when I am 80+ years old.

I just joined today, and it's interesting to read what's going down with others!
  • dalila747
    dalila747 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and 129 lbs. My GW is 105. I've been on MFP for a little under a month and I just started doing a 14/10 IF as of two days ago.
  • tbolashana
    tbolashana Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    Hi! Add me, I am also looking for friends in the same range. I am 5'4" and 130lbs, looking to lose 10lbs.

Request sent.
  • trainerjulie09
    trainerjulie09 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey girls, I am reading these posts with a little bit of concern, and I will explain why! :smile: Eating 1200 calories a day is the absolute LOWEST you should consume. If you're active, you definitely need to be eating more - otherwise, your body starts to hoard all the calories you ARE consuming because it thinks you're going into starvation mode.

They have a BMR calculator on here - it's a quick way to check your baseline metabolic rate. When I entered my information, I got 1263, but on another website, I got 1363. That is only a baseline measurement. It doesn't account for the activity level you have, so you should probably be eating a little more.

Weight training is very important. You want to be building muscle in order to keep your metabolism fired up. When your lean body mass increases (like when you gain muscle) your metabolism will increase as well. Cardio is good for your heart (also a muscle!) but you really want to be doing strength training - it also helps keep your bones healthy!

Hope this helps!
    Julie

P.S. Just so you know, I have a degree in exercise science and health and I work as a personal trainer and health coach. Message me if you have any questions!
  • BluthLover
    BluthLover Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 and 135. My goal is 120-125. I'm very frustrated because I got down to 125 and have gained 10lbs. After I had my son I got down to 125. I was breast feeding yes but by the end it was once a day for 15 min or so. I was eating about 2000-2200 calories a day. I would splurge on weekends. I worked out 5 times a week for 30-60 min burning 3-450 calories. Once I got to 125 I wanted to get to 120. I started running harder and longer. The weight started going up. Since then it's gone up steadily. I've had trouble losing anything. I went down to 1200 calories net and would workout 1.5 hrs 5 times a week. Running, weight training etc. I felt like crap!

I realize I could have gained muscle but 10lbs?? Of muscle? So long story short is I've upped my net calories to 1500 and haven't seen much change. Weights gone up a tad but I haven't lost. Just overall very frustrated that I am logging calories (which I never did before) and working out twice as hard with no results. And Everytime I try something "new" it only makes me gain another lb. I want to get back to 125. And it's just driving me crazy cause I've been there and can't seem to get back!
  • trainerjulie09
    trainerjulie09 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 and 135. My goal is 120-125. I'm very frustrated because I got down to 125 and have gained 10lbs. After I had my son I got down to 125. I was breast feeding yes but by the end it was once a day for 15 min or so. I was eating about 2000-2200 calories a day. I would splurge on weekends. I worked out 5 times a week for 30-60 min burning 3-450 calories. Once I got to 125 I wanted to get to 120. I started running harder and longer. The weight started going up. Since then it's gone up steadily. I've had trouble losing anything. I went down to 1200 calories net and would workout 1.5 hrs 5 times a week. Running, weight training etc. I felt like crap!

I realize I could have gained muscle but 10lbs?? Of muscle? So long story short is I've upped my net calories to 1500 and haven't seen much change. Weights gone up a tad but I haven't lost. Just overall very frustrated that I am logging calories (which I never did before) and working out twice as hard with no results. And Everytime I try something "new" it only makes me gain another lb. I want to get back to 125. And it's just driving me crazy cause I've been there and can't seem to get back!

If you can, it might be a good idea to get a body composition test done, and then you'll know how much lean muscle mass you have in relation to fat mass. Then, as you continue to exercise and count your calories, you'll be able to track those changes. Most gyms/wellness facilities should have the capability to do a test - usually it's a handheld device or calipers or even hydrostatic or a "bod pod" - and it is a good way to see where you're at.
  • tbolashana
    Options

you sound alot like me. maybe what happened to you is that u lowered your cals. maybe you should try to up them and see what happens that is what i am doing now. i am eating at tdee or definitely not under bmr. i will try to cut 15% in a little bit to see if it comes off.
  • tbolashana
    Options
    Hey girls, I am reading these posts with a little bit of concern, and I will explain why! :smile: Eating 1200 calories a day is the absolute LOWEST you should consume. If you're active, you definitely need to be eating more - otherwise, your body starts to hoard all the calories you ARE consuming because it thinks you're going into starvation mode.

They have a BMR calculator on here - it's a quick way to check your baseline metabolic rate. When I entered my information, I got 1263, but on another website, I got 1363. That is only a baseline measurement. It doesn't account for the activity level you have, so you should probably be eating a little more.

Weight training is very important. You want to be building muscle in order to keep your metabolism fired up. When your lean body mass increases (like when you gain muscle) your metabolism will increase as well. Cardio is good for your heart (also a muscle!) but you really want to be doing strength training - it also helps keep your bones healthy!

Hope this helps!
    Julie

P.S. Just so you know, I have a degree in exercise science and health and I work as a personal trainer and health coach. Message me if you have any questions!

Julie,

thanks so much. i didn't realize what i was doing when i first started on MFP and was eating low. that post is from when i first started.

I have learned alot and now am eating like 2000 cal a day. thanks for your input. i am currently building in strength training with my cardio.
  • BluthLover
    Options

If you can, it might be a good idea to get a body composition test done, and then you'll know how much lean muscle mass you have in relation to fat mass. Then, as you continue to exercise and count your calories, you'll be able to track those changes. Most gyms/wellness facilities should have the capability to do a test - usually it's a handheld device or calipers or even hydrostatic or a "bod pod" - and it is a good way to see where you're at.

Thank you :) I should def do that. I've done the military measurements and it said 30 percent. But the scale at the gym supposedly measures body fat also and it's never been higher than 25 percent there! So maybe calipers would help :) thank u !
  • BluthLover
    Options

you sound alot like me. maybe what happened to you is that u lowered your cals. maybe you should try to up them and see what happens that is what i am doing now. i am eating at tdee or definitely not under bmr. i will try to cut 15% in a little bit to see if it comes off.

Keep me posted how things work for you! Feel free to add me it would be nice to have someone who has the same goal and situation!
  • tbolashana
    Options

Keep me posted how things work for you! Feel free to add me it would be nice to have someone who has the same goal and situation!

REQUEST SENT.
  • jooonesy
    jooonesy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for friends and motivation as well. I'm at 5'3" and 135lbs and want to lose just a little bit more. I struggle with keeping my body guessing because it gets use to exercise very quickly causing me to plateau. I eat anywhere from 1300-1800 calories a day depending on my activity level.

Feel free to add me! :smile:
  • BluthLover
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your feedback!!! I will try switching things up calorie wise. Maybe not be so consistent in my numbers. I will also get my body fat measured. Maybe try to eat "cleaner".
  • berrykaty
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and 127lbs last I checked, I only started using MFP around ten days ago and my scales have run out of batteries (or broken, I'm really hoping its just the batteries!) so I can't check if I've lost any weight.
    My goal is around 110lbs due to my having a very small frame.
    Every day so far I've been "under my calorie goal" of 1200 calories, mainly due to exercise, however I'm worried because I haven't really started eating less since tracking my eating and I haven't lost weight for years. I'm hoping I just subconsciously used to eat more!
    Anyway, this thread is great and I don't have any friends on here yet and it'd be really great if any similarly goaled people want to add me ^-^;
  • Meikmeika
    Meikmeika Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and around 140lbs. My GW is 130lbs, I guess I'm large framed compared to others.

But I've been struggling for what seems like forever to get to my goal. Guess I really gotta look into clean eating and not just staying within my calories.
  • melliegirl89
    melliegirl89 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'3" and weigh 138. I've come down from 145 and ideally I would like to be 130. I'm struggling to get past the 138 mark and I am looking for motivation and friends with the similar problems. I stopped using the mfp app, but I'm goin to throw myself back into and increase my exercise. Hopefully this time I'll do it!!
  • honestykay
    honestykay Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4'' and weigh 127 and my goal is between 120 and 125. I run 3 days a week 3 weight lifting workout and 2 cardio workouts and a yoga workout. I try to stick to low sugar,low carbs diet. I'm not always good about the carbs. I would love to be friends with anyone and everyone. I started at 140 in April and been moving down every since.
  • Nikkilynn32710
    Nikkilynn32710 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    5'4" here and at 142-143. I bounce around. I got down to 140 for like a day haha. I have been trying to lose these last 12lbs for almost two years now. I know my diet isn't the greatest but I want to incorporate what i eat. I dont want to feel restricted or I'll binge. I'm getting my sugar under control for the most part. My biggest weakness is candy, chocolate, cookies, cakes, and ice cream! I'm def getting better at it. I have done insanity but I'm starting a second round Monday along with at home strength training for 3x a week. I'm going to buy dumbbell interchangable weights tomorrow and will start adding some of that to me as well. At this point I just want to tone up and lose my saddle bags/ flubber hips. I look gross in my bikini so I'm struggling to get it off for next swim suit season and hopefully drop 5-10lbs by Feb for my surgery!

Oh feel free to add me :)