how much weight have you gained

Options

Replies

• jaylas_mom21
    jaylas_mom21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight: 122.2, 5'4", eating about 1,900 calories a day, ideal gain 25-35 pounds

6 wks: 123
    7 wks: 123.6
    8 wks: 122.4
    9 wks: 121.8
    10 wks: 122.6
    11 wks: 123.8
    12 wks: 123.6
    13 wks: 122.8
    14 wks: 124.2
    15 wks: 125.4
    16 wks: 125.4
    17 wks: 126.4
    18 wks: 130
    19 wks: 129.2
    20 wks: 129
    21 wks: 130.8
    22 wks: 133.8
    23 wks: 134.2
    24 wks: 134.8
    25 wks: 135.4
    26 wks: 139.8
    27 wks: 137.2
    28 wks: 139.4
    29 wks: 141.6
    30 wks: 141.6
    31 wks: 141.6
    32 wks: 142.2
    33 wks: 144.8

Ummm...maybe I'm swelling. I know I didn't eat that bad last week. I have been drinking a lot more diet soda than I usually do so maybe that's the problem. :(
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Could be Jaylas_mom - it's been very hot. It could also just be that we're in huge growth spurt territory and baby needed it this week. Unless the pattern continues or accelerates a one-off isn't bad, and you're doing great. :)
  • BaysiderNY
    BaysiderNY Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    hbarnstein, I also started at 155-156 and so far I am also 33 weeks pregnant. My due date is 8 Oct. I come here to stalk you.. lollllll... Because our stats are similar I compare my gain with yours. Today, I just wanted to post to let you know that you inspire me. Your dedication to workouts and eating healthier means a lot to me.
  • cnlargent
    cnlargent Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I reweighed myself this morning, and I can adjust this, since I weighed 1.4 lbs less this morning than yesterday!

Due 12/9, 5'4"/ just shy of 5'5", Starting Weight (Pre Pregnancy) : 165.0 lbs

4w/ BFP 165.0 0
    9w 162.8 -2.2
    10w 162.3 -2.7
    13w 162.0 -3.0
    16w6d 164.6 -0.4
    18w6d 167.0 +2.0
    22w 170.2 +5.2
    23w1d 171.6 +6.6
  • jaylas_mom21
    jaylas_mom21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Could be Jaylas_mom - it's been very hot. It could also just be that we're in huge growth spurt territory and baby needed it this week. Unless the pattern continues or accelerates a one-off isn't bad, and you're doing great. :)

Down 2 pounds today. Whew!!!
  • SamanthaAnneTowler
    SamanthaAnneTowler Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Just finally getting around to joining this thread. Just hit 6 weeks yesterday so still very early in my pregnancy. Had trouble eating properly last week due to extreme nausea but it seems to be getting a bit better and a little easier for me. Already managed to gain 3 or 4 pounds of water weight lol, hoping that that disappears next week at weigh in, plus I just feel so uncomfortable due to it.

So my starting weight was 190 lbs

Week 4 -.4
    Week 5 -.2
    Week 6 +4
  • queenmolly68
    Options
    Had my 24 week check up today. Haven't had any weight gain since week 16, but it's still not enough. My doctor was not happy that I gained 20 pounds in the first 16 weeks (I was so sick I couldn't exercise.) So, I'm on track to gain another 20 pounds at least by the end of the pregnancy, according to the doctor. Not thrilled that all my hard work still isn't enough. Feeling defeated.
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Had my 24 week check up today. Haven't had any weight gain since week 16, but it's still not enough. My doctor was not happy that I gained 20 pounds in the first 16 weeks (I was so sick I couldn't exercise.) So, I'm on track to gain another 20 pounds at least by the end of the pregnancy, according to the doctor. Not thrilled that all my hard work still isn't enough. Feeling defeated.

I completely disagree. Your hard work MATTERS! Don't beat yourself up for being unable to exercise if you were sick. There's nothing you can do about that, and it's not your fault. Eight weeks of no gain -- if it's because you're eating healthy and staying fit -- is an accomplishment, and you should be proud! Who is that doctor to say what will happen in the next sixteen weeks? He can't predict the future, only tell you what is average. And it sounds to me like he is making assumptions that do not take into account your healthy changes.

If you let the doctor discourage you, you will be tempted to either undereat and overexercise (not good for you or the baby!), or give up (also not good for either of you!) Don't let him do that to you. Be proud of what you've accomplished so far!

BTW, even if you do gain another 20 pounds, if you do it while eating right and exercising appropriately, then it's what your body *needed* and you should not be ashamed of it. Be proud of doing the best you can for your baby, no matter how much you gain in the end.
  • kcasey155
    kcasey155 Posts: 968 Member
    Options

I completely disagree. Your hard work MATTERS! Don't beat yourself up for being unable to exercise if you were sick. There's nothing you can do about that, and it's not your fault. Eight weeks of no gain -- if it's because you're eating healthy and staying fit -- is an accomplishment, and you should be proud! Who is that doctor to say what will happen in the next sixteen weeks? He can't predict the future, only tell you what is average. And it sounds to me like he is making assumptions that do not take into account your healthy changes.

If you let the doctor discourage you, you will be tempted to either undereat and overexercise (not good for you or the baby!), or give up (also not good for either of you!) Don't let him do that to you. Be proud of what you've accomplished so far!

BTW, even if you do gain another 20 pounds, if you do it while eating right and exercising appropriately, then it's what your body *needed* and you should not be ashamed of it. Be proud of doing the best you can for your baby, no matter how much you gain in the end.

Seconded! You clearly were not morbidly obese to start with so I don't see a problem with your weight gain. Well done!
  • nan199678
    nan199678 Posts: 140
    Options

Seconded! You clearly were not morbidly obese to start with so I don't see a problem with your weight gain. Well done!

I definitely agree with these ladies! I think you look great & are doing great. I gained in the beginning to from being on bed rest & depressed about it. And like you I haven't gained since. Keep up the good work. Sounds like the doc is a jerk. None of the midwives I've seen would make me feel that way & I did start out way more overweight than I should have!
  • nan199678
    nan199678 Posts: 140
    Options
    Hi Mommas! The scale is up 2 pounds today. I'm not sure it's an actual gain tho because 2 days ago I was still maintaining & today my ring doesn't want to fit. I haven't had a gain that has stuck since mid May & while I've been preparing mentally for it to happen, I was hoping it would be a little longer before so. As of today I'm up 8 pounds at nearly 26 weeks. Hope everyone has a good weekend!
  • AsellusReborn
    Options
    Starting weight: 156

Week 5: +0
    Week 6: +0
    Week 7: +0
    Week 8: -1
    Week 9: -1
    Week 10: -1
    Week 11: -2
    Week 12: -2
    Week 13: -1
    Week 14: -1
    Week 15: -0.25
    Week 16: 0
    Week 17: 0
    Week 18: 0
    Week 19: 0
    Week 20: 0
    Week 21: +1, 157
    Week 22: +2, 159
    Week 23: +2, 161
    Week 24: +2, 163
    Week 25: +2, 165
    Week 26: +2, 167
    Week 27, +1, 168
    Week 28, -1, 167
    Week 29, +2, 169
    Week 30, +2, 171
    Week 31, +0, 171
    Week 32, +2, 173
    Week 33, +1, 174

Well it wasn't a maintain but it could have been worse, and with chinese food for dinner last night I bet I actually did maintain and that is water weight...Iol.
  • momRN2B
    momRN2B Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    i havent wanted to look at this thread since i knew it would make me feel sad. I finally decided to give a look and sure enough i was right. Everyone seems on track or even below with their weight gain and i am way over. At 17 weeks I am up 14 lbs and 8 of those lbs were gained in the last month. I dont know what to do...i feel like i am about to cry.
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options

I definitely agree with these ladies! I think you look great & are doing great. I gained in the beginning to from being on bed rest & depressed about it. And like you I haven't gained since. Keep up the good work. Sounds like the doc is a jerk. None of the midwives I've seen would make me feel that way & I did start out way more overweight than I should have!

I'd also like to add....my doctor has told me that MOST women really tend to gain closer to 40 pounds. 25-35 is just the ideal amount for the average woman. I need to gain less because I was overweight to start with but even a 25 pound gain isn't going to bother me.... I'll still end up weighing the same or less than before. My doctor certainly would never give me a hard time about gaining too much. If anything, she might show concern that I am gaining due to medical issues. Please don't beat yourself up and maybe think about getting a new doctor. I am 20 weeks and have gained 10 so far....that means I have gained half of my weight gain goal already so odds are that I will end up over my goal too. I can also totally relate to gaining a lot in the beginning....I couldn't exercise and also lived on carbs just to survive. You are growing a human....give yourself a break!
  • jenluvsushi
    Options
    i havent wanted to look at this thread since i knew it would make me feel sad. I finally decided to give a look and sure enough i was right. Everyone seems on track or even below with their weight gain and i am way over. At 17 weeks I am up 14 lbs and 8 of those lbs were gained in the last month. I dont know what to do...i feel like i am about to cry.

Have you been tracking what you are eating? Are you retaining water? Try not to be so hard on yourself. Today is a new day! Start tracking and going for walks if you are able. I would aim for maintaining. You are going to be ok!
  • AsellusReborn
    Options

Some people can't watch this thread and that's okay - if it's triggering don't! But I second what I told you before - your body is going to do what it is going to do, as long as you're eating healthy and exercising you can NOT control it. It will be what it will be and it isn't a fault - it's your body doing what it feels it needs to.
  • momRN2B
    Options

Have you been tracking what you are eating? Are you retaining water? Try not to be so hard on yourself. Today is a new day! Start tracking and going for walks if you are able. I would aim for maintaining. You are going to be ok!

Yes, i track most days and I have been netting around 1700 calories on average.I do go over that 1-2 days a week. I do a 30 min circuit training type workout 4 days a week and i walk a lot. I am 5''2 and my pre-pregnancy weight was 125 lbs. As of this morning i weigh 139.2 lbs
  • momRN2B
    Options

Some people can't watch this thread and that's okay - if it's triggering don't! But I second what I told you before - your body is going to do what it is going to do, as long as you're eating healthy and exercising you can NOT control it. It will be what it will be and it isn't a fault - it's your body doing what it feels it needs to.

thanx again for your advice. I really do appreciate it. I guess i am still struggling to accept it.
  • AsellusReborn
    Options
    I totally understand. Believe me, I do! Especially on a fitness site watching the numbers go UP is a complete utter head trip. One thing recommended to me was that if the numbers were really tripping me up, stop weighing in except at the doctor's. It isn't worth the emotional duress if it's beyond your control. You started at a healthy weight, are eating a healthy amount, and are keeping a healthy activity level. What more could you possibly do?
  • jenluvsushi
    Options

Yes, i track most days and I have been netting around 1700 calories on average.I do go over that 1-2 days a week. I do a 30 min circuit training type workout 4 days a week and i walk a lot. I am 5''2 and my pre-pregnancy weight was 125 lbs. As of this morning i weigh 139.2 lbs

Well, I would say that either you are overestimating your calories burned or underestimating what you are consuming with a gain like that (unless you are retaining a bunch of water which is also possible~do you have edema on your legs?). Just being honest. Log religously (good or bad) and do not use MFP calorie burns. You might want to invest in an HRM with a chest strap. Me personally, I eat at maintenance and don't log my exercise. It works for me. It's not like I am out running marathons right now so I know I am not burning that much anyway. I gained a lot in the beginning and I wasn't logging or doing much of anything. Now that I am logging, my gain has slowed a lot. You can do it....