Self conscious in the gym doing NROLFW!

Options
13»

Replies

• turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Act like you own it until you do. I LOVE that!

I've only done workout A at the gym, and I was nervous. And then I realized that the guys were watching me because I was lifting heavy weights! I don't think they get to see that much. Some guys even admire it, from what im told! When I went into the cardiovascular classroom to do my step ups and prone jackknives, one of the big bodybuilders was in there, and after a little while watching me work out, he put on the song "Do your thing girl". Ive never felt so badass in my life......:-)
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options

I've only done workout A at the gym, and I was nervous. And then I realized that the guys were watching me because I was lifting heavy weights! I don't think they get to see that much. Some guys even admire it, from what im told! When I went into the cardiovascular classroom to do my step ups and prone jackknives, one of the big bodybuilders was in there, and after a little while watching me work out, he put on the song "Do your thing girl". Ive never felt so badass in my life......:-)

Very true...this is us guys when a chick comes and dominates the weights (in a good way):

friday-damn-large_577.jpg
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options

Very true...this is us guys when a chick comes and dominates the weights (in a good way):

friday-damn-large_577.jpg

ROFL...LOVE IT!

I used to be self conscious...now I stroll in there like I own the place...lol!
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I think people also stare because I do NOT use barbie weights! They expect me to pick up 5 lber's! Not happening!
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Mike- love it! I saw this on facebook, and now I want the shirt...

fe - iron
    male - man
    therefore, I AM IRONMAN

LOL!
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Mike- love it! I saw this on facebook, and now I want the shirt...

fe - iron
    male - man
    therefore, I AM IRONMAN

LOL!

That's awesome!
  • keesh1123
    keesh1123 Posts: 229 Member
    Options

ROFL...LOVE IT!

I used to be self conscious...now I stroll in there like I own the place...lol!

THIS!!!! And, I also have a couple sets of weights at home, so things that I'm not comfy doing in the gym, I rush home and do them. I have a ball at home that I do most of my ab exercises with and I do my pushups at home because I do way more than I'm supposed to anyway.

I think that the step ups were hardest for me b/c I have NEVER seen anyone doing them. But I love them now, they are my own little exercise and I get stares like, "what is she doing? I need to do that!".
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    ThreadJack....

@ rubybeach: LOVE your profile picture. that's so awesome & beautiful!

Thank you! It was right before the horse tried to roll over in the ocean with me on his back :noway: ........that'll get your heart rate up