Any Natural Hair Groups???

Options

Replies

• vonns36
    vonns36 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    hey all..ive been natural for about 2 years now and yesterday i had my hair loc!!!..best decision I have made..no more wigs,perms etc:happy:
  • terewilliams
    terewilliams Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    :love: I had some loc extensions put in in March and just had them taken out 2 weeks ago. My hair is wonderful and I don't have to spend time worrying after my workouts or when I go to bed at night or when I get up in the mornings! I am so happy with my decision to have locs and I won't ever look back. I think of my new hairstyle as a part of my transformation from couch potato and dowdy to fit, healthy, and actively involved in life!
  • Sonya139
    Sonya139 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It's so good to see so many natural sistas on this site. My pic is old. I actually have locs now via loc extensions. I've been natural for over a year and love every minute of it.
  • astarsmile
    Options
    My b/c was June 2009. I have not looked back. I absolutely, positively know it was the right decision for me. I do have naturally wavy hair, so I tend to do wash n go styles. I have so much versatility and I finally took swimming lessons last year! I can swim! I never wanted to swim because of my hair...I was not going to get my hair wet, while spending money at the beauty shop every week.

My journey continues as I am still working on length in my hair and reduction in my body.

Feel free to add me as a friend...I'm still kinda new to mfp :flowerforyou:
  • djohnson_143
    djohnson_143 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm new to MFP but I've been natural for 3yrs. I LOVE it. I still have some hair goals along with fitness goals. But I have been enjoying my journey at each stage.
  • mommyred35
    mommyred35 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I've been. Natural for about 12 yrs now. I usually just wear a close cut. I've had locs too. I'm growing it out right now though.
  • misslady72
    misslady72 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi..I've been natural for 12+ years now. Had locs for 10 years and cut them off (kicking myself for that one). Growing my hair back now. I tried twist extensions but due to surgery, I started losing some hair. So now I have to make sure I eat properly for my hair to grow back. I also take vitamins and supplements for my body and my hair. So to me, both natural hair care and healthy bodies go hand in hand.
  • Calyse90
    Calyse90 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hey natural as of AUGUST 10TH 2012 I ALWAYS HAD BS LENGTH up until 2 years ago I was in my high school experimental days I bleached n dyed my hair at the same time gold (beyonce color) ever since my hair has been in SHOCK mode itll grow a lil past my shoulder n break especially the back which use to be the longest neways I alwayswanted to go natural this is the shortest my hair as ever been so it was the perfect timing i would stretch my relaxer out for months at a time then give in to a relaxer this time around wasnt planned I told my self I wanted to go natural but didn't actually think ill go my hair was in terrible shape so I went to the hairstore friday aug 10th n got a RELAXER my plan was to have my mom relax it n then go to the stylist n get a short style cut she was like this the perfect time to go natural I was like yeah so we went baq
    To the hairstore n exchanged for a wig then I went to my aunt house n she cut me up I thought I was going to cry bcuz since I was in 5th grade up until my junior yr in hs my hair was looong but I took it like a g very spur of the moment I always said if I was to go natural it would be a long transition now thats the contrary im not confident to wear it out I only have 2months of natural new growth so im rocking a wig soon ill get plats im going to do protecting styling for a year any tips products u use I leave ins deep conditions oils thanks im going to tie this n with my wl journey as well!!!!
  • Calyse90
    Calyse90 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I must admit it feels good I feel brand new like dead weight was lifted off me I was in a terrible relationship with my kids father for 6 yrs n the last four was very stressful i needed this look forward to the journey that lies ahead wth everything
  • alleykatwill
    alleykatwill Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I have been natural for 9 years. I LOVE IT! I will never go back to putting chemicals in my hair. I use all natural products like olive oil, shea butter, argan oil and whatever else my hair needs to stay healthy. My hair regimen changes with the seasons. Feel free to add me!!
  • bamitskam
    Options
    Natural since October 2010 here :)
  • JustMenMyHair ;o) In the process of shedding 85 lbs & getting back to a healthily & more active me!

Add me if you like. I would like to be an additional sorce of support, motivation & encouragement.

*I am enjoying my Sisterlocks now for my 5th year!!!
  • jesusislove1526
    jesusislove1526 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Natural since May 2011, last relaxer March 2010 here! My natural hair journey started before my weight loss journey, but as I set new goals for one, I do the same for the other. Feel free to add me!
  • butlera8
    butlera8 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I've been natural since February of this year. I transitioned for 23 months and my hair journey is separate from my weight loss journey.
  • Msdjt75
    Msdjt75 Posts: 24
    Options
    Hi there! New to the group!! Yes ma'am I am natural over here and have been since 2003. I wear Sisterlocks and am also a Sisterlock consultant. For those of you unfamiliar check out my website knottygirlbynature.com
  • bamitskam
    Options
    Natural since October 2010! Love it!
  • Cat_from_Chicago
    Cat_from_Chicago Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Been on my natural hair journey 15 months. I have been using MFP for 7 months. It's still difficult for me to manage my hair with regular work-outs. I am using protective styles mostly to keep my hair looking presentable.
  • msno1978
    msno1978 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i started growing my hair natural since i started this transition
  • jorasims
    jorasims Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I did the BC in 7/2012 and probably won't turn back. It makes working out so much easier and with a child I have zero time to fool with hair in the mornings!
  • MrsTarry2u
    MrsTarry2u Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Im natural and its wonderfull how you dont have to worry about your hair sweating out during exercise. I'd love to have a few naturalista friends to chit chat with on my loooonnnnggg journey to lose 100lbs... Add me if like...