What should be done to these kids?

Options
adrian_indy
adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/20/greece-school-district-bullied-footage-causes-outrage_n_1612925.html

I am leaving for the weekend, but watch this vid and think about it. This literally made me sick to my stomach and if I had witnessed this, I think I would of slapped the **** out of these kids.

Replies

• BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Saw it this morning, if one of those were my kid I'd seriously just abuse them. Like off the chain abuse. Those kids need to feel AWFUL for what they did.

You know what maybe I wouldn't lay a hand on my child, I'm not one for that sort of thing anyway. But I would SHOW them just how it feels to be hurt so deep and so viciously that they never forget it for the rest of their lives.

I'm talking standing in your underwear in a basement with a lone bulb swinging overhead while I hurl the nastiest insults a man who dealt with hecklers for 9 years can think of. And believe me, I can think of A LOT!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Where the EFF was the bus driver?! I would have slammed on my brakes and pulled over and refused to take the little sh!ts home until they shut their mouths and apologized. Then I would have stopped at each kid's house and informed the parents what happened and threatened to not allow them on the bus again. I wouldn't even care how long it took to get each kid home.

Riding the bus is a privilage and not a right to education. Bus drivers CAN refuse to let kids ride,especially after bad behaviour.

I would risk jail time to have a few minutes with each of those kids and beat the **** out of them.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    This sickens me. Completely. My daughter is getting ready to go to preschool.. and I cannot tell you how terrified I am of so many factors. She has a big heart... She has been taught to stand up for herself and others that are being bullied.. and she has been taught that under NO circumstances is it EVER acceptable to make fun of anyone. Especially an adult. The parents of those kids have to feel like they failed. I would be comepltely devestated and not know what to do as a parent.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Reading about this made my heart hurt. The thought of anyone doing this to another person, especially an elderly woman, makes me absolutely sick. There are always exceptions, but on the whole, children can be incredibly cruel, and I think that's why I've never very much cared for them. Even when I was a child myself, seeing the torment children were capable of made me physically uncomfortable.

I honestly don't know how these kids should be disciplined. I'm not a fan of physical punishment, and I'm not exactly sure what could be done to show this group of kids just how sh*tty they actually are. Honestly I'm just disgusted.
  • BrettPGH
    Options
    Riding the bus is a privilage and not a right to education. Bus drivers CAN refuse to let kids ride,especially after bad behaviour.

Genius Mandy. One thing that should definitely happen is this. It's not much, but it's something. And it's appropriate. Let the failure parents be forced to drive their monster kids to school and back everyday. That's fitting. For starters.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Bunch of thugs. Makes me sick. I agree with Mandy; they shouldn't be allowed to ride the bus anymore. But guess what? Public schools are so "afraid" of their drop out rates, that my guess is they'd let them back on the bus with just a slap on the wrist. I'm also guessing the parents of these kids wouldn't be much help with the discipline that needs to happen.
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I saw this on the news,really awfull
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    It made my heart physically hurt to watch this. I would put my child up for an adoption if I found out he/she was involved in this.

The idea of raising kids in this decade makes me just not want to.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I don't even know how I would react if one of my kids were to ever do something so heartless and cruel. I feel so bad for this poor woman. Sadly, these kids are old enough to know exactly what they were doing, and I don't know that anything will really teach them a lesson.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Where the EFF was the bus driver?!

For some odd reason, the lady was sitting in the second last seat at the back of the bus. The driver would have never noticed.
  • ElleOQuent
    ElleOQuent Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I'd give my daughter a heaping serving of humble pie. That is so utterly appalling in so many ways and it is essential that these kids remember that the world does not revolve around them. Their actions have serious consequences and these children should have to experience first-hand the pain and heartache that so many people experience when they are ostracized for being "different".

If it were my daughter bullying the lady, I'd have her personally apologize to the victim, volunteer at the homeless shelter for an entire year, and write letters to each of the other kids involved stating the many ways why bullying is wrong and scarring.

I'd also have her research the lives of people who committed suicide because of bullying and write letters to those families, as well.

This would only be after I spoke to her candidly about how connected we all are, through our very humanity, and how words pierce like daggers. She would also be stripped of all her non-essential things, so that they could be donated to a more deserving and under-privileged child.

I'd also make her watch that video over and over again and pinpoint every.single.thing. that is wrong and cruel about it.

I just wouldn't stop until I knew that she was truly remorseful for what she did and even then, I would convert every incident, pertaining to treating others with dignity and respect, into a teachable moment.
  • fbmandy55
    Options
    Where the EFF was the bus driver?!

For some odd reason, the lady was sitting in the second last seat at the back of the bus. The driver would have never noticed.

I find that hard to believe, These kids are yelling "fatass". Unless maybe the busdriver was deaf.

I also wonder why they have this woman as a bus monitor is she doesn't even speak to the kids. I would think someone in that posistion would be a person who is going to tell them to knock **** off.
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    This was just horrifying to watch. I was in tears by not even a few minutes in to it. These kids need to be severely punished, and so do their parents because clearly they lack parenting skills. My kids would NEVER do something like this, in part because my son has been severely bullied himself and knows how it feels, but also because I've raised them to understand that you don't treat people like that!!!

And the one kid who tells her that her kids should commit suicide because she's so fat and ugly?! Her son actually had committed suicide!! Now I realize these kids probably didn't know that little tad-bit of information but it's no excuse in my book.

This poor woman. I hope she's able to take the $116,000 that's in the vacation fund that someone set up for her and retires so she never has to deal with little *kitten* like that ever again.

Bottom Line: Schools are STILL to lax when it comes to bullying and parents still aren't raising their children.
  • fbmandy55
    Options
    I think one thing that is different from bullies today as opposed to bullies of yesteryear is that kids AREN'T allowed to duke it out and stand up to the bullies. Even when I was in school, if you were in a fight, even if you got suckerpunched and never got a hit in, you were automatically suspended. No exceptions.

I'm gonna raise my kid to be an anti-bullying juggernaut and tell him to cream any kid who is being a jerk.
  • adrian_indy
    Options
    I can handle all types of different bad behaviors from both children and adults, we all go through it. But when I see this kind f sickening, vicious degenerate behavior, behavior designed to rob all dignity from another human being, I can see no redeeming qualities in the people doing it. What is even more amazing to me is that they were doing it to a grown woman. I have never been a brown noser, but to this day I show older people respect (as long as they aren't being rude).

Also....those comments. I'm sorry, but those kids not only have some issues going on at home, but they are probably just a smidge over mentally retarded. They said the same thing over and over and over with no originality. I just wish that we could hire a camera crew to update us on these kids as they get older. How many will grow up to be meth/crack heads, strippers, drug dealers or even make to their thirties. Sad thing is, they'll all live until they are old, and each have 6 litle jack-off children.
  • BrettPGH
    Options
    I think one thing that is different from bullies today as opposed to bullies of yesteryear is that kids AREN'T allowed to duke it out and stand up to the bullies. Even when I was in school, if you were in a fight, even if you got suckerpunched and never got a hit in, you were automatically suspended. No exceptions.

I'm gonna raise my kid to be an anti-bullying juggernaut and tell him to cream any kid who is being a jerk.

This.

I was bullied as a kid. Lots. The ONLY time it ever ended up with teachers or administrators being involved is when I would try to fight back. That's when I'd get beat worse AND be in trouble.

I usually support teachers fully. But not when it comes to bullying. This is where teachers completely drop the ball for the most part.
  • adrian_indy
    Options

A kid 1 year older than me name Tim beat the crap out of me everyday after I got of the bus when I was in the first grade. We were equal size, but I was timid. When my Mom asked me why I never fought back, I said,

"Because you told me not to fight."

My mother told me she meant not to start fights or be a bully. She then proceeded to tell me that tommorrow, if Tim hit me, to go nuts, act like a crazy person, like the Incredible Hulk and let him have it.

Guess what. Me and Tim fought to a stand still and then became best friends the next year when he was held back in second grade. Years later I found out that he was really acting out because he was constantly in trouble with his parents for being a bad student, getting spanked and grounded, until they found out he was dyslexic.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    When my two oldest sons were younger, I told them to defend themselves. I told them if someone picked on them and hit them, they could hit them back but to make it count. Policies in schools changed since then, and now both parties receive the same punishment. Now I tell them, "If someone hits you, do not hit back, but call me ASAP and we'll press charges for assault".

Recently my 3rd grade daughter was shown some marijuana and a gun (it turned out to be a fake gun) on the school bus by a kid. He told her if she told on him, he would kill her. She told and I called the school district and the police. The kid was suspended for 3 days, allowed to go on the field trip the following week, and was back on the school bus with her.
  • KBrenOH
    Options
    I don't think there's anything wrong with these kids other than they're mean and get off on making a 68 year woman cry.
  • KBrenOH
    Options
    Not surprising. They have kids KILLING themselves because of bullying that goes on in school and they still turn a blind eye for the most part.
    I've always told my kids to stand up for themselves but I like your idea of the not to hit back/call the police and press charges. But in that same breath, it almost makes the bullying worse for that child (it happened to a kid at my son's school - charges were pressed, and the bullying got worse.. they were just better at hiding it and making it able to be proven).

When my two oldest sons were younger, I told them to defend themselves. I told them if someone picked on them and hit them, they could hit them back but to make it count. Policies in schools changed since then, and now both parties receive the same punishment. Now I tell them, "If someone hits you, do not hit back, but call me ASAP and we'll press charges for assault".

Recently my 3rd grade daughter was shown some marijuana and a gun (it turned out to be a fake gun) on the school bus by a kid. He told her if she told on him, he would kill her. She told and I called the school district and the police. The kid was suspended for 3 days, allowed to go on the field trip the following week, and was back on the school bus with her.