A fitbit helps a LOT..My tale..

13»

Replies

• mphlab
    mphlab Posts: 187 Member
    OP-Thanks for sharing your story! Very encouraging.

I was also afraid that fitbit would give me less than Scooby but being disabled, it was really dificult to estimate which level to pick for myself! Fitbit has me a little over sedentary not quite halfway to light. I really would not have guessed that without a lot of trial and error (emphasis on the word error). It also has encouraged me to walk as much as I can. It is nothing compared to how much my friends exercise but it is huge for me! And you are really the only one who you can truly compare yourself to! It is supposed to rain tonight and I am already thinking about how to get my exercise in!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Seriously? I only do weights and HIIT, which was what I was going to use the HRM for estimating.

Honestly, sometimes I wish I could just eat sensibly, lose weight and forget the numbers game.. lol

I found comparing the Polar to a Garmin that is usable for HIIT and weight lifting, it was very reliably different.

Weight lifting was 1/4 to 1/3 the calories that the Polar reported, and actually right about what MFP gave as estimate.

HIIT with 15 to 60 sec high and 45 to 60 low, was about 1/2 to 2/3 what the Polar reported. Higher highs was 1/2, lower highs was 2/3.