1ST CHALLENGE July 1-July 7

Options
MsTanya77
MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
Hello everyone! I'm so excited and excited to have you all as part of this challenge! We have 33 people participating in this challenge! Because we have an odd number of people, we will not have teams because each team will not have an equal advantage, so EVERY MAN/WOMAN FOR HIM/HERSELF! :happy:

**1ST CHALLENGE**

Our first challenge for the week of July 1-July 7 is going to be the 50 rep challenge. Each day we will do 100 reps of a different exercise in addition to our regular workout routine. Of course you can get these in whenever you can during the day to make it easier for you. The exercises are as follows:

Sun-50 reverse crunches (lie on the floor, raise knees up to 90 degrees, and crunch with hands behind head)

Mon-50 squats (starting from the BOTTOM up)

Tues-50 pushups

Wed-50 butterfly kicks (lying on back, raise legs slightly off the floor and do alternating kicks up, with legs straight)

Thurs-50 jumping jacks

Fri-50 jump squats (start in a squat position and jump touching your knees to your hands)

Sat-50 walking lunges (lunge, then walk forward one step, lunge again)
Please let me know if you have any questions or if you have any physical limitations that might prevent you from doing the above exercises. :happy: :heart: :heart:

Replies

• editnonnalynn
    editnonnalynn Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    YAY! Thanx Tanya for doing this!!!!
    A couple of Q's!
    :blushing: Can we modify the ones we cannot do, as long as we are not trying to go too easy? I can do inclined pushups, and my reverse crunches are hilarious since I am spherical LOL!!! (Maybe those who modify can do additional reps??)
    :wink: Are we to do 100 all in one setting? Or broken into sets with a minimum for each set? Or just any way we choose as long as we do 100?
    :heart: Do we post here? Every day?
    :noway: Do we weigh in, or is the challenge workout/itemized objective only?

Excited to do it! Gonna practice on Saturday!!!:heart::heart: :heart:
  • ShannRenae
    ShannRenae Posts: 54
    Options
    Alrighty then....geez...I shud be supa fine soon...Im on a abs challenge w/another group!!!!
  • MsTanya77
    Options
    Hey nonnalynn, YES modify those exercises if need be. Do the pushups on your knees if needed. Do the crunches with your feet on the floor if needed. I don't anyone to seriously hurt themselves. You can do the 100 reps any way you want; 10 here, 20 there, just as long as they are done in one day. No weigh-ins, unless you want to report a loss so we celebrate with you. ;)

Oh and yes post to this thread each day you do your hundred reps.
  • editnonnalynn
    Options
    (Pisces19)...Alrighty then....geez...I shud be supa fine soon...Im on a abs challenge w/another group!!!!
    You are already sooooo beautiful! But I agree this challenge should change us!!! Let's GOOOOO!!! (I am a pisces, too!)
  • CurvyGirl6577
    CurvyGirl6577 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! I can feel the burn just thinking about it! LETS GET IT!!!
  • coffeebrown5
    coffeebrown5 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm In on the challenge and looking forward to the results and the end....lets get it!
  • GINAvsGINA
    GINAvsGINA Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    YES! I'm so ready, let's do this!!!
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Whoop whoop I am ready.
  • winefine2012
    Options
    I'm excited!!!!!!!...let do this :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Well It's my Birthday weekend and i want to enjoy but i cnt even eat without stressing about gaining weight back it's like you eat 1 meal and gain 5 lbs........ any suggestions on foods?... Tomorrow is girl's night out.lol
  • editnonnalynn
    Options
    winefine, Drink LOTSA water before you go out. My trick is ask the waitstaff for the nutrition guide. Choose low cal/low sodium and get a bunch of veggies like salad etc. Get a box at the BEGINNING of the meal, and box up half immediately. AND Have a blast! A celebration of Your Birth only happens 1 time a year! I hope you celebrate it 100 more times!
    On my last birthday, I realized it was the LAST birthday I would be fat! I hope you're healthier every year from here out! HB2U, HB2U!!!
  • winefine2012
    Options
    Thanks!..Good advice and yes this weight will not be here next YR!!!!:heart::heart:
  • shareajones
    shareajones Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Are Thursday and Friday supposed to be the same exercise?
  • KrissoMakeda
    Options
    I am so excited!!!
  • MsTanya77
    Options
    ******CORRECTION****** Thursdays exercise is JUMPING JACKS!
  • editnonnalynn
    Options
    Check out this site for GREAT exercise info and demos. http://exrx.net/index.html

I found jump squats on YouTube...
  • Skeen903
    Skeen903 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to this :D Sounds like an awesome challenge :)
  • Skeen903
    Skeen903 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Winefine, I hope you have a great one!
  • winefine2012
    Options
    Thank You!
  • GINAvsGINA
    GINAvsGINA Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    50 reverse crunches done. Haven't done these in a while and I'm already sore! Lol
  • editnonnalynn
    Options
    100 reverse crunches done! I had to look up how to do a proper reverse crunch on YouTube! Good thing, because the temptation to use momentum is strong on this exercise! I broke it up, and I can sure feel it! My Chihuahuas tried to help, haha!

edited for spelling haha
This discussion has been closed.