Introduce yourselves and your goals!

Options
1235»

Replies

• BrightEyesx3
    BrightEyesx3 Posts: 335
    Options
    Hey everyone :) My name is Leah and I am a 30 year old mommy of 2....I have never been what you would call "heavy" but I have always been unhealthy.... I ate stuff that was not good for my body and hardly ever exercised. My goals are to change my habits.... eat well, execise and really just get more fit. I have been doing it now for 2 months and I can tell you this... I have really gained some nice muscle and I love the way I feel after drinking water instead of pop :) Its crazy what a change in your food can do for you :)

Im glad to be a part of this group :)

And we're glad to have you Leah :) so good to hear how you started feeling those drastic changes
  • BrightEyesx3
    Options
    Hi, I am Manuela and I'm 176lbs. Stay at home mom 2 kids. My son is 4 and my daughter is 2 years old.
    My goal is losing between 50-60 pounds. I will love to lose 30 lbs before Christmas. I need support...:smile:

We're all here to support you Manuela! And what a good goal to be looking forward too! I know you can lose those 30 pounds in less than 5 months :happy:
  • BrightEyesx3
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am Kalyn. I am 21 and in college. I began my journey in early June of this year. I am currently 206 pounds (13 pounds down) and i want to be 160 (~60 pounds). i would love to lose 40 of these pounds before Halloween. the remaining 20 pounds before march because i know the last few pounds take a long time. after that i will focus on toning. i am hoping i can stick with this because i have always been chubby so i started yoyo dieting at a very young age.

I started my journey in June too! And its great to hear that you're already down 13 lbs! Right now I'm focusing on toning though because I think I lost all that I could have
  • BrightEyesx3
    Options
    Hi all. My name is Christina. As you can tell, I'm hispanic so Mexican food is a staple in my house and got me to where I am today. My lowest post pregnancy weight was 170 and highest 280. I'm currently at 236 and want to get down to atleast 150 (I'm 5'3"). I always seem to struggle within the first 2 months of losing weight so any tips or words of encouragement will help. What I always hear, is.. "You have such a pretty face..." So, my goal is to get a pretty body to go with that pretty face but without having to deprive myself cuz that will just make me quit and I don't want that. :(

You do't have to deprive to lose weight Christina! You just need to change up your diet! Slowly start eating healthier things that fill you up and keep you fill so you won't get cravings. And when you do, instead of snacking, try drinking water or chewing gum to curb that appetite!
  • NWCyclingBeast
    NWCyclingBeast Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hey, all! I am James! I've always been a bigger guy, and I have struggled with my SLUGGISH metabolism. Yes, I like to eat and drink, and LIVE my life for Godsakes, so I have been historically stubborn to change. I ate PRETTY healthy compared to most, but I wasn't watching portions as closely as I should have. I was a pretty aerobically active guy, but my diet has gotten away from me over the years. I found myself at 252 plus pounds, and wondering WHY?
    Well, when I examined the things I was eating, I saw that I was routinely eating the WRONG things (chemically laden "fat free" crap, sodium packed "Lean Cuisene" type garbage, etc.) I also saw that, although I was pretty active compared to the average Joe, I was STILL eating more calories than I was burning off during the course of an average week. Something had to change, and change QUICK! My job is tied to my abdominal circumference, so losing some inches around the old midsection needed to happen!
    Well, after examining my situation in a reasonable light, the answer became obvious. I needed to start tracking what I was mucking down every day, modify it, and increase my aerobic activity to counter the calories! Additionally, I needed to put myself on a vigorous weightlifting regimen to kind of balance things out. This application has helped tremendously with keeping on track!
    The result? It was an adjustment at first, but I find that I enjoy eating healthier foods, and prefer them to the alternatives that are there. It's a little bit of work planning EVERYTHING that you eat, but it is well worth it.
    I won't lie; I do NOT deprive myself, and I do find myself chowing down on pizza or some other high calorie/carb grub at dinner from time to time, but if I do, I make sure that I am getting the calorie burn in there to counter what I ate or plan to eat.
    A couple of months later, and I am sitting at 238 lbs with a couple of inches in the waist gone. I'd like to be down another inch in the waist by the end of the month... Ideally, I plan to get down to the 220, 36 inch waist range...
  • FreedomReigns
    FreedomReigns Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    My name is Amber. I have about 15 to 20 more pounds i would like to lose but i am very happy with my progress. I just started doing the keto diet yesterday and i am hoping this gets me to my goal. My husband has always loved me no matter what weight i have been...so i am mostly doing this for me although he has benefited because i am more confident in myself.

Anyone feel free to add me....i love making new friends ;)
  • willboyles
    willboyles Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am Will. Lubbock Texas. I have about 15 lbs. more to go, then I am going to try and get more muscle definition. My number one goal is to ensure that I take care of myself well enough to squeeze every minute out of life so that my son has me around for as long as possible.

I only have two friends so add me. (That's my pity statement to make everyone feel sorry for me).
  • hornedfrog11
    Options
    My name is Ally and I'm 23. I have a long way to go... 100 lbs. I have never been big in my entire life (thanks to all the sports I played as a kid) but the minute I stopped playing soccer in high school I packed on the pounds. I'm too young to be this unhealthy so I'm taking back control.

My main goal is to make sure I live a healthy lifestyle so I can live a long life. After that it's pretty much just vanity - I want to look good in my clothes again!

Add me as a friend! I only have 2... ha!
  • MarthajhGifford
    Options
    Yes, it is a blessing that I am cancer free! I am no ready to get myself back down to a weight I am happy with.
  • MarthajhGifford
    Options
    Good for you Ally! Taking control while you are young is so much better than waiting until after menopause because of the harmone changes in my body I will have to work twice as hard as you. However, a word of encouragement, I did lose 83 lbs 4 yrs ago so I know you can reach your goal. My gaining my weight back was due to thyroid cancer and the loss of my thyroid. My meds are leveled now so I am on a mission to regain my figure again. We will have to work hard, but by eating the right kinds of foods and providing support for one another we will achieve our goals!
  • BrightEyesx3
    Options
    Hey, all! I am James! I've always been a bigger guy, and I have struggled with my SLUGGISH metabolism. Yes, I like to eat and drink, and LIVE my life for Godsakes, so I have been historically stubborn to change. I ate PRETTY healthy compared to most, but I wasn't watching portions as closely as I should have. I was a pretty aerobically active guy, but my diet has gotten away from me over the years. I found myself at 252 plus pounds, and wondering WHY?
    Well, when I examined the things I was eating, I saw that I was routinely eating the WRONG things (chemically laden "fat free" crap, sodium packed "Lean Cuisene" type garbage, etc.) I also saw that, although I was pretty active compared to the average Joe, I was STILL eating more calories than I was burning off during the course of an average week. Something had to change, and change QUICK! My job is tied to my abdominal circumference, so losing some inches around the old midsection needed to happen!
    Well, after examining my situation in a reasonable light, the answer became obvious. I needed to start tracking what I was mucking down every day, modify it, and increase my aerobic activity to counter the calories! Additionally, I needed to put myself on a vigorous weightlifting regimen to kind of balance things out. This application has helped tremendously with keeping on track!
    The result? It was an adjustment at first, but I find that I enjoy eating healthier foods, and prefer them to the alternatives that are there. It's a little bit of work planning EVERYTHING that you eat, but it is well worth it.
    I won't lie; I do NOT deprive myself, and I do find myself chowing down on pizza or some other high calorie/carb grub at dinner from time to time, but if I do, I make sure that I am getting the calorie burn in there to counter what I ate or plan to eat.
    A couple of months later, and I am sitting at 238 lbs with a couple of inches in the waist gone. I'd like to be down another inch in the waist by the end of the month... Ideally, I plan to get down to the 220, 36 inch waist range...

That's great to hear that you don't deprive yourself!
  • BrightEyesx3
    Options
    My name is Amber. I have about 15 to 20 more pounds i would like to lose but i am very happy with my progress. I just started doing the keto diet yesterday and i am hoping this gets me to my goal. My husband has always loved me no matter what weight i have been...so i am mostly doing this for me although he has benefited because i am more confident in myself.

Anyone feel free to add me....i love making new friends ;)

Its nice to hear that your husband never focused on your weight :)
  • BrightEyesx3
    Options
    I am Will. Lubbock Texas. I have about 15 lbs. more to go, then I am going to try and get more muscle definition. My number one goal is to ensure that I take care of myself well enough to squeeze every minute out of life so that my son has me around for as long as possible.

I only have two friends so add me. (That's my pity statement to make everyone feel sorry for me).

What a sweet goal :)
  • BrightEyesx3
    Options
    My name is Ally and I'm 23. I have a long way to go... 100 lbs. I have never been big in my entire life (thanks to all the sports I played as a kid) but the minute I stopped playing soccer in high school I packed on the pounds. I'm too young to be this unhealthy so I'm taking back control.

My main goal is to make sure I live a healthy lifestyle so I can live a long life. After that it's pretty much just vanity - I want to look good in my clothes again!

Add me as a friend! I only have 2... ha!

Another great goal!
  • dontavia
    dontavia Posts: 1
    Options
    My name is Steve and my goal is to lose around 25 pounds in 3 months. Good luck to everyone!
  • kathyann84
    kathyann84 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Kate and I'm looking to lose a total of 81 pounds total. I've been working out for six weeks and joined MFP two weeks ago. I want to be healthy overall!

How much progress have you made in the 6 weeks so far?

The first four weeks I made very few dietary changes and lost 2 pounds. I started making better choices and eating smaller portion sizes. This is my third week tracking my food and I've lost 6 pounds in the last three weeks. So, that makes my total 8 pounds so far from the beginning :)
  • puma1208
    puma1208 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My name is Jose :wink:
    I've hit my 15 pound weight lose goal, however not they way I wanted. I was in a pretty back car accident so I wasnt able to work out at all. I lost 15 pounds or so of muscle :sad: but now I have to somehow recoop from the accident and get back on track. myfitnesspal has been an amazing tool in helping me hit my goals in the past... So I guess my new goal would be maintaine the same weight but add more muscle.... Is that possible?? I think it is...