Any ladies here over 6ft?

Options

Replies

• smr1181
    smr1181 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' and med/large framed. The best I ever felt was when I was in my mid-20s and 185, so I'm hoping to get back there, which would mean I would need to lose about 75#.

I wear a size 11 shoe. I used to try to squeeze into a 10, but as I've grown up I've learned to accept by big feet in the name of buying shoes that don't cut off circulation to my pinky toes. LOL.
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Hello :o)

I'm 6'1" and my highest weight was 330, CW is 273 and looking to get below 200 then re-assess. I am a UK size 20 (US16 or 18) and am hoping to get down to a UK 14-16 (US 10-12) for my brother's wedding in July. I have UK size 8-9 feet (US 11). I have never been below 180 since I was about 14 years old (I finished growing then) and as I recall I looked pretty thin at 180 so I recon i'll be happy 180-199 ;o)
  • rlcollins61
    Options
    Hi all! I'm 6'2" and wear a size 13 AA shoe. So glad to see that there are other tall women out there that are not bean polls!! I just found this part of the website because I usually only use the apps on my iPad or iPhone and they don't have all of the information that is here on the web. I just hit my first goal today and that was to loose 50 lbs!!

When I hit 250 lbs in May 2012 I said that was enough. I joined a protein study at Purdue University and that got me started and I've done the rest on my own. I am now in a size 16, just ordered them and they fit, yeah!!! Want to see how far I can go with this and hope to get down to 190. The lowest I ever remember being was around 180, but didn't stay there long. That was when I got married and did not lose that the healthy way. I have struggled with weight my whole life.

This time I have been doing a calorie count and high protein low fat intake and it has been working well. I've added exercise to help tone everything and that's going well too. It's amazing that I don't have to starve myself to get where I want to be and this has become a way of life and not a punishment!! :wink:

Hope all are doing well and keep up the good work!!!
  • SlankeTinuke
    SlankeTinuke Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1", would love to loose about 33kg, now I weigh 118 kg. So happy to see other tall people!
  • sadonnafit
    Options
    I'm 6foot 1 inch tall and would love to loose 100 lb would love to stand next to you ladies .:wink:
  • sixfeettall
    sixfeettall Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1 and 17 years old.
    I currently weigh 154lbs but I'm looking to get to around 147.
    I wouldn't say I have a large frame but I don't have a tiny one either.
    My shoe size is a UK 8.
    Would love to befriend other tall women so I have someone to relate to!
  • amwild1218
    amwild1218 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Exactly 6ft:)
  • PGG19
    PGG19 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am 6', wide frame, down to 166, trying to get to 155 as my first goal. :)
    shoe size 9 1/2 - 10 depends.
  • frugalafterfifty
    frugalafterfifty Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1" and currently weigh 198 - which is very high for me as I'm smaller boned. I'd like to get to 165 as well. I wear a size 10 shoe. Sometimes I buy a 10 1/2 or 11 to wear for walking cause my feet swell. I'm 52 and dealing with a stalled metabolism. I've been walking and just completed Day 2 of the 30 Day Shred. If this doesn't kick start my metabolism........

Please feel free to add me. :)

~ Terri
  • Dcharnice
    Dcharnice Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' 2" and looking to lose 80lbs. My shoe size varies between 11 & 12 ladies, 10.5 & 11 men. Hoping everyone's confidence is just as tall!!
  • sixfeettall
    sixfeettall Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Last posted on here a while a go!
    I'm 6'1, currently weight 141.8lbs.
    I have UK size 8 feet, so US size 10.
    I am clothes size UK 10/12 but sometimes I can fit into a UK 8, just depends on the shop. So a US 6/8 or sometimes a 4.
    I'd say I have a medium frame.
    Nice to see lots of tall people!
  • GangsterKimmie50
    GangsterKimmie50 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'0", weigh 165 (looking to get down to about 130-135) and wear a size 10.5 :happy: Add me!! :flowerforyou:
  • celcey
    celcey Posts: 32
    Options
    I'm 6'4" and have always worn a size 13 shoe no matter what I weigh .
    Trying to get back to my "athletic" days weigh of 225#. I was happy then being a muscled monster :)
  • feisma
    feisma Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    6', size 11 shoe, and somewhere between size 8-10. Trying to get to 155# and floating somewhere between 160-165. Good to know there are more of my kind (tall women with big feet :-) around!
  • erinnpinky
    erinnpinky Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi "Footers"

I am 6'1,
    I achieved my goal weight this year so am now enjoying the "maintaining stage".
    I started at 175 and am now 142 pounds. Took me three years!
    I wear a size 11 shoe (after shoving my feet into size 10's for my whole life I can finally admit that I am size 11).

Nice to meet all of you!
  • melkeblack
    melkeblack Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    well, i am just under at 5'11.5" ... was a size 11 shoe until pregnancy (10 years ago) and then ONE of my feet expanded to 11.5 ... awesome... so i either get a narrow 12 or find 11.5 in brooks or sometimes new balance. i love zappos.com for my shoes. i know my dad is 6'6" and at his smallest and skinniest was about 195 and looked really thin. I'm trying to get between 165-175 which is a nice size 8/10 for me and after 5 years of floating between 200-220lbs and a size 16 i'm ready to burst that bubble. i'm medium to small framed ... small on the upper body per measurements and medium from the hips down....

on another note, finding this group has seriously boosted my confidence. i have a few friends that are 5'9/5'10 but it is not the same!! just wanted to give thanks to you all!!
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Hello tall ladies!

I'm 6'1 and currently at 202 pounds. My first goal weight is 170. Then depending on how I like how I'm looking & feeling, I may try to reach 160. A few years ago, at my smallest I was 150 & I looked too thin. I want to be fit, not a tall beanpole.
    I'm an 11/12 in shoes. Hate that part.
  • malove07
    malove07 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1" and wanted to lose about 25 pounds. I have tiny feet for my height and wear an 8 or 8.5.
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1" and wanted to lose about 25 pounds. I have tiny feet for my height and wear an 8 or 8.5.

I don't like you :explode:

*Totally jealous* :laugh:
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    I'm resurrecting this thread because its amazing to see the differences!

I have a petite frame and I've struggled with my height for numerous years having very short friends (now not the case I I love being tall as I am fit)

I am 6ft, wear a size 9-10 ladies but mostly 9 these days and weigh 152 pounds and BMI is 20 :)

I feel us tall girls need to do far more weights to focus on strengthening and toning.
    I think I struggle mostly with my core and arms to be honest and have very long limbs so I do a significant amount of weights and cardio for an added push :)