Celebrating Non-Scale Victories! Members share your NSVs here!

Options

Replies

• keyboardwench
    keyboardwench Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    This is a couple things in one: NSVs, Measurements, and a bit of weigh in stuff.

I started EM2WL in April. I never did the reset as I was only eating low calorie for about two weeks, max a month beforehand. I had a long break of bingeing/overeating before that since my last low calorie period (I ate 1300 calories a day.) I ate about 1850 in April then bumped to 2050 in June when I got a more active job.

Early May: 151.8lbs / 68.9kgs
    Mid-Late May: 149 / 67.6kgs
    June 2: 146.4 / 66.4kgs
    June 11: 144.6 / 65.6 kgs
    *Scaleless July-ish. began NROL4W*
    July 22: 139.8 / 63.4 kgs
    *Scaleless month again*

So Eat More to Weigh Less is working for me, on the scale at least!

Measurement changes since April? I took these measurements before I started Jillian Michaels 90 Day Body Revolution in April so it's the closest measurements I've got to the start of EM2WL.

Measurement: April 12
    > August 7
    Waist: 28.75in / 73cm
    > 26.5 / 67.3cm
    Hips: 38.25 / 97.2cm
    > 36.25 / 92.1 cm
    Bust: 37.5 / 95.3cm
    > 35.5 in / 90.2 cm
    Mid-Thighs: 21in / 53.3cm
    > 47.6 cm
    Biceps: 11.75in / 29.8cm
    > 11.5 in
    Calves: 15.5in / 39.4cm
    > 15 in / 38.1 cm

EM2WL is definitely working! Ahh this is awesome, I love food and I love EM2WL.

Also as for NSV!

I was a size 8 pants (American Eagle) in April, size 4 now!

When I started NROL4W (lbs) --- > Now (Stage 1 Workout 5s)
    Deadlift: 50x15 --- > 90x10
    Squat: 20x15 (I was really scared to go heavy on squats at first) --- > 95x8

Also in general I am 5'4" (163cm) and 20 years old.
    BMR 1463
    TDEE 2524
    15% cut 2145
    Fairly active - work 25-35 hours a week on my feet serving coffee, work out at 3-5 days a weeks with lifting for 3 of those work outs
    I eat 45% Carbs (241g), 25% P (134g), and 30% F (71g). I tried to jump into 40/30/30 right away but getting 30% protein was just too difficult for me and I'm easing my way up there instead. I still have a good chunk of protein and it does have 1g per lean mass and then some.

I've been hesitant to speak up about my experiences with EM2WL for a while because I wasn't sure if it was working/this was too good to be true/I wasn't making enough progress to post about... but oh well, here we are! I'd say it works :P
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Well, I hope this loads right. I'm worried that my image won't be the right size. I went to a website and created a collage so they'd be side by side - I just hope it's not too large.

I don't have the cut look that many do. I'm still far from that, but I do see a difference. The first photos were taken in March of this year and are on the left (your left as you look at the screen). The second photos on the right were taken today 8/9/12.

Progress_8912.jpg
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    WOW Chrystal! I see changes all over:love: ! You're doing really great, getting smaller/tighter everywhere....it's definitely working for you!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • mgall86
    mgall86 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Well, I hope this loads right. I'm worried that my image won't be the right size. I went to a website and created a collage so they'd be side by side - I just hope it's not too large.

I don't have the cut look that many do. I'm still far from that, but I do see a difference. The first photos were taken in March of this year and are on the left (your left as you look at the screen). The second photos on the right were taken today 8/9/12.

Progress_8912.jpg
    Wow! You can see a big difference, especially in the side view! You should be so proud of how far you have come! It is so nice to see others doing EM2WL and having such great success. I hope I can post my own success pictures soon as well!
    Thanks for being such an inspiration and good luck with the rest of the journey :)
  • Jigglebewie
    Jigglebewie Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    So, today is the 40th day I've been Eating More =]
    In that time I have completed the 30DS and currently on Day 10 of RI30 combined with 6W6P.
    I am on 2130 calories, BMR is 1615.

My starting weight before the shred was 174lbs, as of this morning I am 175.6 BUT I have lost 10 inches and down a dress size and a bra size XD I can feel ym abs when I tense, my calfs are all muscle, my thighs feel rather muscular and my arms are really toning up and can see my bicep when I flex =]

These photos below are before and after the shred..
    weightsquare.jpg
  • stfriend
    stfriend Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Great job, jiggle!

My NSVs are as follows, got a call back for a job interview (same company, different dept, I THINK slight pay raise). Started thinking if I have clothes to wear for interview (I do, just need shoes) and was looking through some clothes that I had kept even though they didn't fit me. 2 sweaters that were so tight I was afraid the seams would rip if I hugged someone now fit me just fine. They're snug in that the skim the body but I could comfortably wear them now. I hope they'll be baggy by Christmas :bigsmile: . I tried on a shirt that I could not previously button all the way and now I can. Its almost like getting new clothes, lol.
  • stfriend
    stfriend Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Measurements: I did my "official" measurements (because I can't keep away from the tape, lol) this morning.

My weight is the same but I'm down an inch around my waist, 1.5 inches around the bra band area, and an inch around the chest (above cleavage). However, and this is odd, I've not lost any inches in the arms and I've gained in the hips, thighs, and calves. Yet my clothes are fitting a bit looser. I guess since I'm not losing weight I'm gaining a little muscle? Or just burning fat? I can't rememeber the right term. I'll take it anyway you say it.
  • photojunkie28
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this Jiggle. I really needed to hear this type of story this morning since my weight seems to still be a bit confusing at times despite how much extremely hard work i've been putting in. I measure my progress in 2 more days and i'm nervous and excited at the same time. Hearing this makes me more confident that my measurements will show my TRUE progress and the scale will jump on board when it's ready! Keep up the amazing work and keep us posted!
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    Options
    Great job jiggle. I definitely see a difference! Such a great example of why we can't let the scale measure our progress. Keep up the great work!
  • PLUMSGRL
    Options
    WOW jiggle:love: , your abs got flat quick! You did everything right!
    Losing inches is what I want to do, I almost don't want the scale to go down (so I can eat more!)!!!:blushing:
  • meggyh20
    meggyh20 Posts: 116
    Options
    I decided tonight that I needed to take a progress photo similar to the initial photo I took just before I started MFP and about a month before I started EM2WL. This way I can really see any difference that has occurred, though I feel the difference in the way my clothes fit and even seeing other pictures of myself.

I started around the first of May so I have had 3.5 months so far... my progress hasn't been super quick, but since I started eating more shortly after I joined MFP, I expect slow steady results.

SW = 198.6 lbs
    CW = 185.8 lbs
    GW = 140s to 150s depending on how I feel about my body/size as I lose. I have always had a muscular body type (when it wasn't covered by fat) so I expect my GW to end up higher than what I think it will be.
    Height 5'5"
    Current daily intake 1850 calories (not extremely consistent about this but usually come pretty close to hitting my macros)
    Workouts - for the most part, doing NROLFW three days/week and take two 40 minute brisk walks outdoors weekly. I also fit in a 25 minute HIIT session on the Arc Trainer 1-2 times/week. I definitely notice differences here, but still have a lot of work to do. I can say I'm glad I took pictures.

2626103850050918684S600x600Q85.jpg
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    Options
    I decided tonight that I needed to take a progress photo similar to the initial photo I took just before I started MFP and about a month before I started EM2WL. This way I can really see any difference that has occurred, though I feel the difference in the way my clothes fit and even seeing other pictures of myself.

I started around the first of May so I have had 3.5 months so far... my progress hasn't been super quick, but since I started eating more shortly after I joined MFP, I expect slow steady results.

SW = 198.6 lbs
    CW = 185.8 lbs
    GW = 140s to 150s depending on how I feel about my body/size as I lose. I have always had a muscular body type (when it wasn't covered by fat) so I expect my GW to end up higher than what I think it will be.
    Height 5'5"
    Current daily intake 1850 calories (not extremely consistent about this but usually come pretty close to hitting my macros)
    Workouts - for the most part, doing NROLFW three days/week and take two 40 minute brisk walks outdoors weekly. I also fit in a 25 minute HIIT session on the Arc Trainer 1-2 times/week. I definitely notice differences here, but still have a lot of work to do. I can say I'm glad I took pictures.

Awesome! I totally see a huge difference. You're doing amazing!
  • PLUMSGRL
    Options
    WoW meggyh! I'm seeing changes all over! You're doing great!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options

SW = 198.6 lbs
    CW = 185.8 lbs
    Height 5'5"

Awesome! I totally see a huge difference. You're doing amazing!

Love it!!!
  • angelina2585
    angelina2585 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Meggh all the hard work is definitely paying off. Brilliant results. What a difference :)
  • neilegni
    neilegni Posts: 36
    Options
    I think my favorite thing about looking at these pictures (ALL of them) is how in the after pictures you are all just BEAMING and so proud of your progress! No matter if it's 1 lb or 100 lbs, each goal and loss proves your strength and determination. :D
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I am down .1 lbs lol. BUT I'll take it! Sometimes it bothers me how slow this is going but as long as it's going in the right direction it's all good. Even .1 lets me know that this is working. I am lifting heavy too so I know that I am building some muscle in there, so even if the scale is only down .1 the difference in how I look will be bigger than that. I also see more definition in my arms and legs and I feel like I look slimmer.
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I would like to share my photos to hopefully encourage people to eat enough and to avoid discouragement when the scale AND the measurements are the same.

I took some progress pics yesterday on a whim. I really didnt think I would see any difference, but figured why not just take them. Well, see for yourself...

progress1.jpg

progress2.jpg

albeit, im more tan and wearing a different suit, you can see the difference! Since April when the first ones were taken, Ive gone from eating 1700 a day to apx 2500 a day. I work out 6 days a week, lifting 2-3 of those days. I am so thankful the whole story can be told through pictures!
  • bayertablets
    bayertablets Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    SW: 395
    07/13/12: 339.9
    07/20/12: 341.9
    07/27/12: 333.8, 3.5 inches down
    08/24/12: 329.8, 5.25 inches down
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I would like to share my photos to hopefully encourage people to eat enough and to avoid discouragement when the scale AND the measurements are the same.

I took some progress pics yesterday on a whim. I really didnt think I would see any difference, but figured why not just take them. Well, see for yourself...

progress1.jpg

progress2.jpg

albeit, im more tan and wearing a different suit, you can see the difference! Since April when the first ones were taken, Ive gone from eating 1700 a day to apx 2500 a day. I work out 6 days a week, lifting 2-3 of those days. I am so thankful the whole story can be told through pictures!

You can definitely see a difference, especially through your back/love handles.

Great work!