Celebrating Non-Scale Victories! Members share your NSVs here!

Options

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    I put this on my profile yesterday but thought it should go here too.

We had an occupational health adviser doing 'spot checks' on blood pressures in the office staff at work on Wednesday. I volunteered to have mine done and was amazed it was only 100/60. A few months ago it was 130/80 - the upper end of normal for my age.

This change seems to have come since I started lifting weights and strength training so it suggests that there are great things happening on the inside of my body as well as the outside.

(or I was just having a really relaxed day at work :happy: ......)
  • gjriddle
    gjriddle Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I shared this with my friends list yesterday, but wanted to put it here to help keep everyone motivated! I've been EM2WL since early June, and lifting since June 28. On June 23 I had my pre-training fitness assessment with my trainer (before our first real session) and my stats were 134 lb, 26% BF. That BF% was no joke.

After almost 3 months of heavy lifting I decided maybe it was time to check in again. I weighed in at 135.4 (+1.4 lbs) and a BF% of 23.4! Whaaaaat?

I have four things to say about this:

1. Everyone you've ever read saying "The scale is a liar" is absolutely right! I'm SO glad I got rid of mine, or I might have freaked out for no reason, as there would have been seemingly no progress on it. DO NOT focus on your weight, it can be super misleading!

2. Heavy lifting is KEY. I can feel and see a difference in my body composition, but it wasn't until yesterday that I understood just how much had changed.

3. EM2WL works. It just does. Even though, technically, I guess I don't actually "weigh less"... but I am smaller, leaner and feeling way better than ever before.

4. Thank you, thank you, thank you to all my friends and EM2WL support network! I may not be the most active member of the group, but know that I'm on every single day and reading what you're all writing and what you all have to say keeps me motivated and excited to be on this awesome journey with you all!! Each one of you is an inspiration, and I'm so glad to be part of this group!

:heart:

I would post pictures.. but I don't have any yet! I have before photos I took in June, but I'm not ready to post until I have some "now" ones. Perhaps soon.
  • dwn2erth
    dwn2erth Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Getting Serious about following this My start measurements (Will be checking them again in a few weeks for the difference)

Weight 194 Height 5'5" BMI of 32
    Neck 14"
    Arms Rt 14" Left 14"
    Bust 44"
    Waist 38 3/4"
    Hips 45 1/2"
    Thighs Rt 25" Lft 25"
    Calves Rt 14 1/2 " Lft 15"
  • deevatude
    deevatude Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Since i started my cut the first week of july, i have lost 10 pounds so far.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO I have officially lost all of the pregnancy weight! Now on to the next!
  • lioness0806
    lioness0806 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    After reading that I might gain some weight packing in the extra TDEE calories I expected to at least go back to the weight I started at. But, I didn't! I only gained back a couple of pounds. The best part is, it only lasted a couple of days and now that my scale is going down again I'm at the lowest weight I've been at since starting MFP!!

WA-HOO AND HORRAY!

SW: 169.8
    CW: 163.4
    Starting waist: 30.5
    Current waist: 29.2 (as of 10/8)
  • HeidiHoMom
    Options
    Down another .8.
  • Tonika44137
    Tonika44137 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I joined this group a few months ago and a few of the members are on my friends list..I never really practiced any of the teachings I was just an observer and did alot of watching and listening...I didnt think eating more was for me because I was always full off 1300-1500/cal a day but now I can say I'm a BELIEVER...I incorporated weight lifting into my workout program back in January but didnt have a structured program to follow so I just did what I saw others do...I teach 4 based cardio classes a week plus I did "my own" extra cardio after lol smh (definitely a cardio-junkie)..I was always losing weight but still wasnt getting the "look" I wanted...so in August I saw someone mention Jaime Eason live fit program on bodybuilding.com (which is free) in the forums so I was like yeah I can do that..so in Sept I started her 12 wk weight lifting program..the first 4 weeks I was still eating 1400-1500/cal and was fine but once we went into phase 2 for week 5-8 I realized my body was starving and wanting more food...I thought it was pms but wth pms for 3 weeks..so now that TOM is over I know its not pms because I'm still eating 1700-2000/cal a day...now I just trying to make sure I log the food and keep my macros in check..I dont fully understand the whole BMR, TDEE thing yet but hell I understand to listen to my body and eat more...so thanks

Btw I gained 5lbs before I started this program and last time I weight myself (about 2 weeks ago) I hadnt loss the 5lbs (stayed the same) but look smaller now and clothes fitting looser since i started eating more and lifting heavier..I'll update my weight and measurements in 6 weeks after I finish this program
  • lioness0806
    lioness0806 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Progress pic- one month in

th_f1655a8f64ef0de1c5cca1f06e23ba54.jpg
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Wow awesome nsvs. And Heidimom you just keep shrinking...wtg!
  • Marge321
    Marge321 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Congratulations !
  • chynatowngirl44
    chynatowngirl44 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I must say that the members in this group are mucho inspirational. I can't wait to share some success stories as well.
  • snafuing1
    snafuing1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    progressphoto-1.jpg

I'm pretty proud. At the time of the first picture I was a size 14. Today I bought some size 4 pants!
  • jkay123
    jkay123 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look wonderful!
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Today is the day I started to Eat More.
    I'm on day 9, of level 1 of Jillian Michael's 30 day shred, my scale went up 1.4 pounds in this pas week BUT I have already seen some great results (including 2.5 inches off my hips!!) and more toned arms.

CW: 200
    GW: 175 (but honestly, I'm becoming less about the number and more about how my clothes fit, so, I'd like to be an 8/10 jean, and a 10 top)

BMR: 1711
    TDEE: 2352
    15% reduction = 1999

BUST: 42"
    NATURAL WAIST: 34"
    ABDOMEN (BELLYBUTTON): 37"
    HIPS: 42"

I'll be posting before/after photos once I complete the 30 day shred on 12/27. I had originally wanted to weigh 190 by 01/01/2013 but it has become about so much more than that!
  • Linli_Anne
    Options
    I'm currently on Level 2, Day 6 and I am completely AMAZED by the difference in my body, my energy and my strength.

This was the first day of Level 1, on November 28, 2012

30DS-day1side.jpg

This was the second last workout day of Level 1 (day 9), on December 6, 2012

30DS-day9side.jpg

This is today, Level 2, day 6 (workout day 15 (consecutively), December 13, 2012

20121213_085414.jpg

I look forward to my workouts everyday, and I am 1 week into following the Eat More 2 Weigh Less notion and it is fantastic. I feel like an improved me already!

I can't wait to see what the end result will be after 30 days if this is only the half way point!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    Options
    I was looking for the weigh-in thread since I seem to be making some progress lately.

I lost about 29 pounds on MFP and stalled out for months until I started to eat between my BMR and TDEE. Actually a few were preMFP. I slowly upped my calories and took a month to reset my weight at 2200 calories plus eating back most/some of my exercise calories.

My weight varied between 232 and 230 when I started to up my calories last spring.

Today I weighed in at 223.4. I have had to recover from a knee injury from weight training during this time. When I get a chance I plan to start back at it. However I plan to go slower with it. I also walk with running intervals and aquafit. The aquafit class includes strength training, cardio and stretching which helps with the running. Recently I have been using a pedometer to track increases in general activy with some new active jobs. Everyday I come home sore. So I think this has something to do with the weight loss. So for now I seem to have found that sweet spot but know I will get used to these jobs and they will be slowing down soon. I will up the exercise but need to keep my general activity up too.
  • Linli_Anne
    Options
    I'm currently on Level 2, Day 6 and I am completely AMAZED by the difference in my body, my energy and my strength.

This was the first day of Level 1, on November 28, 2012

[img]http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s541/Linli_Anne/Weightloss and Toning/30DS-day1side.jpg[/img]

This was the second last workout day of Level 1 (day 9), on December 6, 2012

[img]http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s541/Linli_Anne/Weightloss and Toning/30DS-day9side.jpg[/img]

This is today, Level 2, day 6 (workout day 15 (consecutively), December 13, 2012

[img]http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s541/Linli_Anne/Weightloss and Toning/20121213_085414.jpg[/img]

I look forward to my workouts everyday, and I am 1 week into following the Eat More 2 Weigh Less notion, so basically eating at my TDEE with a 15% calorie deficit.

I can't wait to see what the end result will be after 30 days if this is only the half way point!

**Fixed my pictures***
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    Options
    Great Progress Linli Anne,

Just lost another pound since my post above. Lately I have lost about a pound a week.
    12/13: 223.6
    12/22: 222.4
  • HeidiHoMom
    Options
    I am down 38.5 lbs in all now and 25 of that is since I started EM2WL.