Celebrating Non-Scale Victories! Members share your NSVs here!

Options

Replies

• HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I am down another .4 for a total of a half pound this past week!

That is the largest loss I have had since June so I am pretty happy. It took me 12 weeks to lose 1.5 lbs and then just this week lost the half pound. I hope this is my body finally letting go.
  • NewInnerStrength
    NewInnerStrength Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I would like to share my photos to hopefully encourage people to eat enough and to avoid discouragement when the scale AND the measurements are the same.

I took some progress pics yesterday on a whim. I really didnt think I would see any difference, but figured why not just take them. Well, see for yourself...

progress1.jpg

progress2.jpg

You look HEALTHY girl!! AND happy!! Congratulations on doin it right! :-D

albeit, im more tan and wearing a different suit, you can see the difference! Since April when the first ones were taken, Ive gone from eating 1700 a day to apx 2500 a day. I work out 6 days a week, lifting 2-3 of those days. I am so thankful the whole story can be told through pictures!
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Down another 3.5 lbs.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I would like to share my photos to hopefully encourage people to eat enough and to avoid discouragement when the scale AND the measurements are the same.

I took some progress pics yesterday on a whim. I really didnt think I would see any difference, but figured why not just take them. Well, see for yourself...

progress1.jpg

progress2.jpg

albeit, im more tan and wearing a different suit, you can see the difference! Since April when the first ones were taken, Ive gone from eating 1700 a day to apx 2500 a day. I work out 6 days a week, lifting 2-3 of those days. I am so thankful the whole story can be told through pictures!

Wow, we would LOVE to share your story and pics on the site. What a difference!!! It is so hard for especially women to get rid of the number focus and this could truly help many. If you decide to submit please send to success@em2wl.com.

WTG!!! Keep up the awesome work!
    Lucia
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    Down another 3.5 lbs.

Girl you are killing it!
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    Measurements: I did my "official" measurements (because I can't keep away from the tape, lol) this morning.

My weight is the same but I'm down an inch around my waist, 1.5 inches around the bra band area, and an inch around the chest (above cleavage). However, and this is odd, I've not lost any inches in the arms and I've gained in the hips, thighs, and calves. Yet my clothes are fitting a bit looser. I guess since I'm not losing weight I'm gaining a little muscle? Or just burning fat? I can't rememeber the right term. I'll take it anyway you say it.

Wow, that is awesome, you are probably doing a bit of both...gaining muscle AND losing fat. Don't forget to take pics that is what keeps me motivated, because my numbers are way up there, but my size is a 4/6, so I am not complaining:-)
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    So, today is the 40th day I've been Eating More =]
    In that time I have completed the 30DS and currently on Day 10 of RI30 combined with 6W6P.
    I am on 2130 calories, BMR is 1615.

My starting weight before the shred was 174lbs, as of this morning I am 175.6 BUT I have lost 10 inches and down a dress size and a bra size XD I can feel ym abs when I tense, my calfs are all muscle, my thighs feel rather muscular and my arms are really toning up and can see my bicep when I flex =]

These photos below are before and after the shred..
    weightsquare.jpg

Wow, AWESOME! You can truly see a difference. Keep up the awesome work!!!
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    Options
    Hi everyone!

progress1.jpg

progress2.jpg

Awesome progress! There's a definite difference! Great job!
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    Options
    Down another 3.5 lbs.

Very nice. You are doing fantastic!
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    Options
    SW: 395
    07/13/12: 339.9
    07/20/12: 341.9
    07/27/12: 333.8, 3.5 inches down
    08/24/12: 329.8, 5.25 inches down

Very nice progress!
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    Options
    NSV - Well, I had posted a couple of weeks ago that I was able to fit into jeans that were a size down and without a "W" at the end of the size, but I wasn't sure if it was to stay. I figured that brand ran big or something. Well, this past weekend I decided to try on some clothes at Target. I fit into everything I tried on. One pair of pants was even from the junior's section. Granted, it was the largest available size in junior's, but it fit! I feel like I'm definitely on my way here!
  • HealthyEllie98
    Options
    That's great news SweatpantsRebellion! Keep going! :)

As for me, I'm just finishing up at the end of week 3 of eating at my cut value, after doing a 7 week reset.
    As of this morning, I've lost 3 pounds total from my end of reset weight. I measured myself yesterday, and in these last two weeks I've lost half an inch on my upper arms, thighs, bust, natural waist and hips. I've lost a whole inch on my ribs/underbust and two and half inches on my lower waist/tommy!!! I'm fitting back into all the clothes I wore at my skinniest, and I'm not nearly as bloated and puffy looking as I was 3 weeks ago.
    So, obviously, this is all really working for me. The real test though is to see if I can get past the weight I plateaued at when I was on a VLCD. I'm only 2-3lbs away from that weight now, and only half an inch away from my skinniest measurements!
    I guess we'll see. :)
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    Options
    Sounds like you are making great progress Ellie! Woot!
  • wfte
    wfte Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Just a small one but I guess they all count. Just weighed and measured at the end of week 3 of reset. I've put on 5 lbs since the start BUT I've lost an inch round my waist. :-D
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    Options
    Just a small one but I guess they all count. Just weighed and measured at the end of week 3 of reset. I've put on 5 lbs since the start BUT I've lost an inch round my waist. :-D

Awesome progress! Losing inches around the waist is sooo much better than a scale loss! Great job!
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    NSV - Well, I had posted a couple of weeks ago that I was able to fit into jeans that were a size down and without a "W" at the end of the size, but I wasn't sure if it was to stay. I figured that brand ran big or something. Well, this past weekend I decided to try on some clothes at Target. I fit into everything I tried on. One pair of pants was even from the junior's section. Granted, it was the largest available size in junior's, but it fit! I feel like I'm definitely on my way here!

That is an awesome feeling! Congrats!
  • s50s
    s50s Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    It's been a good weekend for me! Hubby and I went shopping yesterday, and I bought some new shorts at Old Navy - get this... Low Rise Size 4s! Then as we were leaving the mall, we saw a couple I haven't seen for about 4 months, and she totally did not recognize me...

Since I have started following the EM2WL group, I have lost 3.6 pounds (while increasing my calories from 1200 to 2000 a day - YAY!), started lifting heavy and am seeing huge changes in my body. My arms now have muscles and veins and I have really toned up everywhere - it's amazing how your body can change when you give it some fuel - thanks to all who encouraged me to change my ways --- you know who you are!!! I am within a couple of pounds of my goal weight of 150, and am really just trying to get fitter and maintain at this point. If I get to 150, great, if I don't, that's fine too. I am just so happy to be getting leaner while eating so much more food! I really think that bumping up my protein intake has been very beneficial and helpful in this journey...

Then, today, I went for my standard Sunday morning walk - I aim for 4 miles in one hour. As I was getting towards the end, I was actually going a little faster than usual and when I got to the 4 mile mark I still had about 10 minutes left to get to the one hour I had planned on walking. I still had some energy, so I decided to try to jog one mile and make it a total of 5. Know what? Not only did I do that, but when I was finishing up, my favorite Coldplay song came on and I jogged another 1/2 mile! I did a total of 4 miles walking and 1 1/2 miles jogging in 1hr 10 minutes! Let me tell you, I am 49 years old and have not jogged since I was forced to do so in High School !! I have to say it felt great! I would not trade how I feel for anything!

Thank you EM2WL! You guys rock!!!!!!!

WOW what you said really hit me. Probably the age helped, as I am 50. Two days ago I upped my food. I also started lifting weights. Can't wait to get like you?
  • s50s
    Options
    Checkin' In.....OK, after all my *****ing and complaining because the scale doesn't move I quit weighing myself in mid July and it's been a good thing. My current measurements have me at 10.25 inches lost in 85 days, mostly from my waist, hips and thighs. But what really got me was a nice comment from a friend that hadn't seen me in a few months. So I decided to find an old photo and take a new photo and share with you. Sorry about the cheesy smile on the current pic, it's so awkward to take a self pic. :-) It's funny that I never so myself so obese and the old picture makes me sad, but thankfully I am progressing to a new healthier and happier me. Thanks for the support and continued wealth of information.
    Before1.jpg

Now.jpg

Wow, just amazing!!!

I agree amazing!!
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    It's been a good weekend for me! Hubby and I went shopping yesterday, and I bought some new shorts at Old Navy - get this... Low Rise Size 4s! Then as we were leaving the mall, we saw a couple I haven't seen for about 4 months, and she totally did not recognize me...

Since I have started following the EM2WL group, I have lost 3.6 pounds (while increasing my calories from 1200 to 2000 a day - YAY!), started lifting heavy and am seeing huge changes in my body. My arms now have muscles and veins and I have really toned up everywhere - it's amazing how your body can change when you give it some fuel - thanks to all who encouraged me to change my ways --- you know who you are!!! I am within a couple of pounds of my goal weight of 150, and am really just trying to get fitter and maintain at this point. If I get to 150, great, if I don't, that's fine too. I am just so happy to be getting leaner while eating so much more food! I really think that bumping up my protein intake has been very beneficial and helpful in this journey...

Then, today, I went for my standard Sunday morning walk - I aim for 4 miles in one hour. As I was getting towards the end, I was actually going a little faster than usual and when I got to the 4 mile mark I still had about 10 minutes left to get to the one hour I had planned on walking. I still had some energy, so I decided to try to jog one mile and make it a total of 5. Know what? Not only did I do that, but when I was finishing up, my favorite Coldplay song came on and I jogged another 1/2 mile! I did a total of 4 miles walking and 1 1/2 miles jogging in 1hr 10 minutes! Let me tell you, I am 49 years old and have not jogged since I was forced to do so in High School !! I have to say it felt great! I would not trade how I feel for anything!

WOW what you said really hit me. Probably the age helped, as I am 50. Two days ago I upped my food. I also started lifting weights. Can't wait to get like you?

Awe, shucks.... That is so sweet :-)

Well, it's been a while since that post, and this morning I jogged 4.5 miles and walked 1.5 miles for a total of 6 miles - getting stronger every day (thanks to EM2WL) and love coming home and looking forward to eating 2,000 calories!!! Tomorrow, it's back to the weights - I believe I will have a 4am "date" with Cathe Friedrich and Slow & Heavy!
  • s50s
    Options

Awe, shucks.... That is so sweet :-)

Well, it's been a while since that post, and this morning I jogged 4.5 miles and walked 1.5 miles for a total of 6 miles - getting stronger every day (thanks to EM2WL) and love coming home and looking forward to eating 2,000 calories!!! Tomorrow, it's back to the weights - I believe I will have a 4am "date" with Cathe Friedrich and Slow & Heavy!

Thats funny because thats about the time I get up when I do weights.