I LOVE when a man...

Options
Okay, so I saw on another post someone saying that Single Peeps is a battle of the sexes, and that we women tend to do the male bashing parties here. So... I started thinking about all the wonderful things I like about men because I do truly admire the opposite sex.

I'll start.

I LOVE when a man cooks for me.

I LOVE when a man wears really great cologne.

*Okay, let's keep it positive! And HAVE FUN!* :smile:

Replies

• _SpeshK_
    _SpeshK_ Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I love that sweet spot a man has right there on his shoulder when you cuddle. Only a man can provide that!

I love when men who are normally laid back have that little tinge of jealousy that they try to keep under control...its cute!

I love a man's forehead kiss.

I love the soft side of a man when you get to know them more. They can be so multifaceted.
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    I love that sweet spot a man has right there on his shoulder when you cuddle. Only a man can provide that!

OH YES!!! THIS FOR SURE!!!!

I love when men who are normally laid back have that little tinge of jealousy that they try to keep under control...its cute!
    [quote}
    I love a man's forehead kiss.
    [/quote}

I love when a man kisses me softly and gently, period. :love:

I love the soft side of a man when you get to know them more. They can be so multifaceted.

YEP! That's another thing I like about men. They can be so rational and so strong at times... yet, when they see their daughter walking down the aisle in a flower girl dress (or a wedding dress), they tear up.

EDIT: I suck at quoting on MFP!!!
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I love it when a man smiles at me. I know that sounds simple and maybe juvenile, but I really do like seeing a man's nice, genuine smile when we make eye contact.

I love it when a man does something helpful for me, whether it be fixing something or carrying something heavy or listening to what I'm saying and offering a few words of encouragement.

I love it when a man asks me to dance. :flowerforyou:

And only one man has done this, but I'll include it anyway because I absolutely loved it. I love it when a man carries me on his shoulders. It makes me feel on top of the world. (If I keep my progress going in the right direction, hopefully I can have that experience again someday!) :love:
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I love it when a man...has a pulse?

Sorry. It's been, well, not a while, but anything more than a couple days is too long. :laugh:
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    I love it when a man...has a pulse?

Sorry. It's been, well, not a while, but anything more than a couple days is too long. :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

yeah, me too!
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    I love it when a man smiles at me. I know that sounds simple and maybe juvenile, but I really do like seeing a man's nice, genuine smile when we make eye contact.

I love it when a man does something helpful for me, whether it be fixing something or carrying something heavy or listening to what I'm saying and offering a few words of encouragement.

OH FOR SURE! I love it when we make that eye contact, and he smiles, and I get butterflies all in my stomach. :flowerforyou:

And I so agree. I was really missing having a man in my life today when I was trying to work in my classroom. My ex used to come to the school with me and drill holes in the wall for me to hang stuff, and he would take care of hanging the stuff that was too high for me to reach.... :frown:
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I love it when a man wants to hold my hand while we're walking, or holds his hand in the small of my back while walking next to me. I can't really explain why, I just do. :smile:

Also really love it when they absentmindedly play with my hair.
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    i love it when a man does something nice for me, just because he knows i need it done and won't ask him for help......

and being pushed up against a wall and kissed. i love that. i miss that.........
  • toots99
    Options
    I'm still going with my original reply, because apparently hoping for anything else is too much to ask for. :laugh:
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    I love when a man teases you and it makes you blush.
    I love when a man compliments you unexpectedly.
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    i love it when a man does something nice for me, just because he knows i need it done and won't ask him for help......

and being pushed up against a wall and kissed. i love that. i miss that.........

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh yessssssssssssss
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Uhmm...does anyone else notice that almost everything so far is something he does for "me" or how he makes "me" feel rather then who he is or how he lives.

I know that is not what one wants to hear,not trying to start an argument and heading to bed.
    Just what I noticed and think maybe a bit of reflection is in order.
  • toots99
    Options
    Uhmm...does anyone else notice that almost everything so far is something he does for "me" or how he makes "me" feel rather then who he is or how he lives.

I know that is not what one wants to hear,not trying to start an argument and heading to bed.

Mine wasn't. He's got to have a pulse in order to keep himself alive, so that's for himself too.
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    but it's titled i love WHEN a man......

i could say i love when a man goes to work on time and makes money, but that's not what i love. i could also say i love when a man is nice and polite and gentle. because i do, but mainly because i think we should all be that way.

i don't ask for help. so to me if a guy sees that i need help with something and he chooses to do it because he knows i'll never ask him too........ THAT makes me fall in love with him.

and anyone can kiss me, and it can be great. but if a guy walks me backwards until i slam into a wall, i am going to swoon. i am going to never want to let go. i will be so turned on it won't be funny! and that will make me fall in love even more.

there's a lot of stuff that will attract me to a man. LOADS of things. but, those same things might not be there reasons i fall in love. they might not be the things that make me want to say " i love you."

:-)
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options

I think you're misconstruing this thread a little. It is about things a man does that we like. When I think of that, I don't automatically think "I love when a man works as an accountant." Maybe I misunderstood you though? It's about things he does that make us love him.

More:
    - I love when a man takes charge
    - I love when a man loves his mom and dad and family.
    - I love when a man clearly loves children. It melts my heart to see a man playing with a child.
    - I love when a man remembers little insignificant things about you.
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options

Fair point....

Ok....lemme try again then....

I love it when a man is a good cook. Not because he can cook FOR me, but maybe he can show me a thing or two about something he enjoys doing.

I also love it when a guy has a talent, such as dancing or playing an instrument. It's a turn on seeing them in their element, doing something they love to do, that can be shared with someone else.
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    This one's for you, Carl!

I love a man who can have an intelligent conversation with me.

I love a man who can make me laugh.

I love men because they think differently, act differently, look differently, and they just freakin' amaze me!

I love when I see a man playing with or teaching children.

Oh, I could go on and on... I think men are pretty awesome creatures.

*this is supposed to be a positive fun post, Carl! ;)*
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options

I think you're misconstruing this thread a little. It is about things a man does that we like. When I think of that, I don't automatically think "I love when a man works as an accountant." Maybe I misunderstood you though? It's about things he does that make us love him.

More:
    - I love when a man takes charge
    - I love when a man loves his mom and dad and family.
    - I love when a man clearly loves children. It melts my heart to see a man playing with a child.
    - I love when a man remembers little insignificant things about you.

IN complete and total agreement with you!!!
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    OKay... just so you know... When I started this thread, I meant it to be positive and fun about MEN!

There are LOTs of things I love about the opposite sex in general. But, "in general" doesn't apply to all men... So instead of titling it "I LOVE men because..." I titled it, "I LOVE when a man..."

Just for the record, in case you haven't already read or seen, I think men are some awesome creatures!!!!
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    ...is "strength" for me when I'm overwhelmed
    ...can cut through my overloaded emotions with male logic
    ...can stand up for/protect me when I'm too weak or too naive to protect myself
    ...is strong enough to set me straight if I'm wrong

oh...hehe... and I LOVE when a man talks about how he likes where this relationship is going (though I didn't know I was "in" one, lol), how he sees the future working out (including things like my military travel), shares plenty of my interests (but all of them, or I'd think he's fake), cooks me something fabulous, totally wants me physically yet still respects my boundaries...wooooo...it's been a looooooong time since I had to send someone home because I was worried about containing *me* not *him*.:blushing: