Whole 30 for August

Options

Replies

• Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I log my food to pay attention to the amount of fat I eat...most days 50% pretty funny really!! I dont pay any mind to the calories portion....Plus I HATE the idea of not being able to refer back to 'what I ate" if I dont feel well for whatever reason. This is how I figured out CORN in any form is Reeeeaaally bad for me!! LOL
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Question.... What can I put on my salad if I can't use vinegar?
  • scubagoil
    scubagoil Posts: 103 Member
    Options

I was wondering the same thing. I found a paleo Caesar dressing that uses paleo mayo.

http://paleodietlifestyle.com/salad-dressing-and-vinaigrettes/

Caesar salad Ingredients

1 tbsp lemon juice;
    2 tbsp paleo mayonnaise;
    1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil;
    6 garlic cloves, minced;
    1 tbsp Dijon mustard;
    Minced anchovy fillets;
    Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste;

Technique

Using a blender, process the lemon juice, garlic and mustard. Add the paleo mayonnaise and blend again. Slowly add the olive oil while the blender is in motion. Use a spatula to scrape all that delicious dressing in a bowl, season with salt and pepper, add some more lemon juice to taste and add some minced anchovy fillets to taste.
  • jk_toren
    Options
    Starting whole30 today! Also starting the Insanity program today as well, I've tried both at different times over the last 2 years and didn't succeed. Let's make it a good one this time around 8-)
  • Fairysoul
    Options
    Thanks for dressing recipe... You think garlic olive oil would be good on a salad? Also who's logging their food...? Should I still log?
  • Cerebrus189
    Cerebrus189 Posts: 315 Member
    Options

I use olive oil, or make some pesto. Giada, or however her name is spelled, has an exclusive pesto at Target that is Paleo approved. It doesn't have anything weird in it and it's delicious. I also use avocado to give it some texture :)
  • Fairysoul
    Options

I use olive oil, or make some pesto. Giada, or however her name is spelled, has an exclusive pesto at Target that is Paleo approved. It doesn't have anything weird in it and it's delicious. I also use avocado to give it some texture :)

Pesto is a great idea!! Thanks!
  • Cerebrus189
    Cerebrus189 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Starting whole30 today! Also starting the Insanity program today as well, I've tried both at different times over the last 2 years and didn't succeed. Let's make it a good one this time around 8-)

I do Insanity right now, but only like 4 days a week. I need a kick in the *kitten* to do it everyday, because those rest days really help me. If you're starting today, we can challenge each other to follow the schedule strictly if you're down.
  • treatgirl
    treatgirl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Why can't you have vinegar - page 1 says you can!

http://whole9life.com/2012/08/the-whole30-program/

•Vinegar. Most forms of vinegar, including white, balsamic, apple cider, red wine, and rice, are allowed during your Whole30 program. The only exceptions are vinegars with added sugar, or malt vinegar, which generally contains gluten.
  • Fairysoul
    Options
    Why can't you have vinegar - page 1 says you can!

http://whole9life.com/2012/08/the-whole30-program/

•Vinegar. Most forms of vinegar, including white, balsamic, apple cider, red wine, and rice, are allowed during your Whole30 program. The only exceptions are vinegars with added sugar, or malt vinegar, which generally contains gluten.
    I totally mis read that, thanks for clarifying!!! I like vinegar and olive oil on my salad!!
  • beckie32536
    beckie32536 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Also who's logging their food...? Should I still log?

I'm planning on logging my food to help keep myself accountable and also to make sure I don't go overboard on my eating.
  • Fairysoul
    Options
    Yeah thats sounds good, I will keep logging as well!
  • beckkotsch
    beckkotsch Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I log my food to pay attention to the amount of fat I eat...most days 50% pretty funny really!! I dont pay any mind to the calories portion....Plus I HATE the idea of not being able to refer back to 'what I ate" if I dont feel well for whatever reason. This is how I figured out CORN in any form is Reeeeaaally bad for me!! LOL

Good point!

And yes, vinegar is ok! Just not malt:)
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Yayyyyy! So many people on board for this :-)

I saw some pomegranate vinegar at the store last night and I bet it would be wonderful on salad.... But I'm not sure if it'd be allowed.. It didn't say it had anything funky but I'm hesitant on stuff like that sometimes
  • jk_toren
    Options

I do Insanity right now, but only like 4 days a week. I need a kick in the *kitten* to do it everyday, because those rest days really help me. If you're starting today, we can challenge each other to follow the schedule strictly if you're down.

I just did my fit test today, and plan on sticking to the program along with the Whole30! I'd love to have someone to follow along with!
  • bacamacho
    bacamacho Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I'm watching you guys!
  • DarkAngellEyes
    DarkAngellEyes Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I also started the Whole 30 yesterday! There's another whole group with a bunch of others who are doing this for the month of August too!
  • beckie32536
    beckie32536 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Peeps! Hope everyone is doing well today and off to a fantastic start. I REALLY miss the sweetener in my morning coffee, but I guess the coconut milk was better than nothing. I woke up absolutely starved this morning and overdid it just a bit --- I ate FOUR eggs! That's a bunch of calories already, but I have a feeling I'll be good until late this afternoon.

The weather here has been awful and it is preventing me from getting back to my running routine. My HM is going to sneak up on me and I'm going to be far from prepared! This morning, from the door to the car -- approx 15 steps --- I broke out into a sweat. Not sure how anyone can run in this heat and humidity. I have been managing a late night walk near the beach. It's too dark to really run but at least there is the breeze to help with the heat.
  • myscaleaddiction
    Options

If you do Insanity all the way through, the results are amazing. EVEN THOUGH I didn't follow the nutrition plan and I tried sticking to a clean diet but it was like 50/50 great/horrible, seriously this is the happiest I've been with my body, and I was skeptical when buying it! now I'm doing Whole30 to clean up the consequences of my diet during Insanity. If I can do it, so can you! :)
  • myscaleaddiction
    Options
    Good Morning Peeps! Hope everyone is doing well today and off to a fantastic start. I REALLY miss the sweetener in my morning coffee, but I guess the coconut milk was better than nothing. I woke up absolutely starved this morning and overdid it just a bit --- I ate FOUR eggs! That's a bunch of calories already, but I have a feeling I'll be good until late this afternoon.

4 eggs = only 280 calories!! and It Starts With Food really emphasizes starting the day with a big breakfast so I'd say you're good :)