Whole 30 for August

Options

Replies

• beckkotsch
    beckkotsch Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Day 1 was great for me! I even fell asleep so quickly, which is not normal for me. Day 2 is starting off just as great!

I'm going to have a HUGE temptation this evening. My inlaws mailed us sweet corn from back home. My husband looked at me like I was crazy when I told him I wasn't going to eat it! Haha!
  • beckkotsch
    Options
    Question....are teas Whole30 approved? Like green tea, especially? What about pork rinds? :)
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I would think Teas are fine as long as they are unsweetened and have no additives. Natural herbal/black tea no sulfites...check your lables!
    I had to meet a friend for coffee, she had a machiato carmel sugar thing I had a Wildberry iced tea no sweetener and it was yummy and I felt like I was able to maintain normalcy by meeting a friend and sticking to the program, win/win!!
  • beckkotsch
    Options
    I would think Teas are fine as long as they are unsweetened and have no additives. Natural herbal/black tea no sulfites...check your lables!
    I had to meet a friend for coffee, she had a machiato carmel sugar thing I had a Wildberry iced tea no sweetener and it was yummy and I felt like I was able to maintain normalcy by meeting a friend and sticking to the program, win/win!!

Thanks! The green tea I got in Japan so...yea...kinda hard to read the ingredients! Hahaha. And great job! I'll have to remember that if one of my friends wants to meet up at Starbucks!

Is anyone else not weighing themselves until the end of this? Normally, I'm a daily weigher but I packed my scale up yesterday morning. I'm hoping this will help break that habit as well:)
  • twaltemade
    twaltemade Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    OK...i'm in with the only exception that i want to continue weighing and tracking progress in MFP. I am a scale addict. I will drop alcohol, dairy and artificial sweeteners.

I am not totally familiar with Whole 30' so i will read up today.
  • livetothebeatYOLO
    Options
    Jumping on here! I am starting my version on a Whole30- as I'm tend to lean more Primal than Paleo, so I eat pastured butter and allow a little pb.

But I am giving myself the 30 day challenge because I keept starting and stopping in a vicious cycle and I'm ready to commit for good!!

Really hungry today because I wasn't hungry for breakfast til late and left th ehouse unprepared. So I'm having my salad, some blueberries and I have an herbal tea that helps with hunger I'll have this afternoon.

Dinner is tilapia and cumin roasted carrots from Well-Fed. (AWESOME cookbook and a must read)

Feel free to friend me- my diary is open and I would love the accountability!
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing great!!! Soon I can join you, just waiting for that paycheck so I can stock up on all the goodies (meaning healthy). But trying to cut back on the things I won't be having anyways... So today was chicken salad leaf wrap... No bread!!
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Yayyyyy! So many people on board for this :-)

I saw some pomegranate vinegar at the store last night and I bet it would be wonderful on salad.... But I'm not sure if it'd be allowed.. It didn't say it had anything funky but I'm hesitant on stuff like that sometimes

I don't see why not and I am gonna looking for it, sounds great!
  • Touchdown73
    Touchdown73 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've been doing a "Whole 30" since June 8th and have just kept going (save for one cheat day that I paid for!).

Awesome to see so many people doing well!
  • EatWorkoutLive
    Options
    I am on day 18!!! :-D
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Options
    Good Morning beautiful people!!! Checking in now as I'm working a16 hour day today...ugh!! Pack my lunch bag full of healthy snacks and meals...lots of water and away I go!!
    Signed up for the Whole 30 newsletter...IT IS GREAT!!! Lots of good advise, inspirational stories and things to think about if this is your second go (or more..) go around.
    Good luck to everyone today and I hope you all have a 'Whole" bunch of fun this weekend!! *snort* LOL
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Options
    <<<<<<<
    THATS what I had for dinner last night!!!!!!! Well fed Chicken with grilled asparagas wrapped in BACON!! :love:
  • ajoy1332
    ajoy1332 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone.....day 3 for me today and feel like crap! ha. the hangover part definitely came today for me...I hope it passes quickly!! I'm doing very well with it otherwise!
  • twaltemade
    Options
    Hey everyone.....day 3 for me today and feel like crap! ha. the hangover part definitely came today for me...I hope it passes quickly!! I'm doing very well with it otherwise!

I am only on day 2 of whole 30, but I am on day 8 of low carb induction so I already went thru that nasty induction flu. So far, the timeline from Whole 30 seems fairly accurate. I found this fascinating.

http://whole9life.com/2012/06/the-whole30-timeline/

Hang in there....good things should be happening soon.
  • beckie32536
    beckie32536 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Day 3 for me. Completely not hungry today.
  • beckkotsch
    Options
    Fraken...I get the newslett too. Love it! Love the videos when you click you did well for the day:) Where did you find whole30 approved bacon? I bought my usual nitrate/sulfate free bacon the other day w/o thinking and of course there is sugar added! Thankfully I didn't eat any yet!

Day 3 here as well. I'm SO glad I had been eating primal before I started this, otherwise I KNOW I'd feel like poo. Just curious if y'all are eating snacks during the day. Normally I'd have a late morning snack, afternoon snack and evening snack. I'm trying to get away from that, like they suggest you do on Whole30 but it's such a habit! I guess I should beat myself up too much as it's only the beginning of day 3... Also, how much fruit are you guys eating? I've had small amounts the last 2 nights. Gonna try to eat my fruit with my meals today and get rid of that sweet night time ritual :)
  • twaltemade
    Options
    I screwed up this morning as well. Bought the highest quality, nitrate free chorizo sausage after visiting three stores. Did not see sugar, but on closer inspection I found Turbinado in the ingredients. Darnit!! The all natural bacon apparently has it too.

Mine may not be 100 percent aligned, but it will be such a small portion of my total food intake that i am not goingto sweat it. I will still skip artificial sweeteners, dairy and alcohol for the month and stay primal, so this will be a huge improvement in my diet.
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Woke up completely not wanting to eat. I'm just totally not hungry. Im off to make some bulletproof coffee so i at least get my cals in, and lunch i have to eat since I batch cooked and its fish and won't stay long. I'll probably just have a small salad for dinner.

As for snacks: I am still having small snacks if I need them. And fruit: I'm trying to avoid fruit to keep my carbs low. If i come across some really great looking fruit I may have a bit, but I'm going to not eat any unless I get a craving.

As for the sugar in chorizo or the natural bacon: those are small amounts so it probably won't affect you too much. I still eat sriracha and that has a tiny amount, but its so small an amount im not worried. As long as you do the best you can, you'll be fine :)
  • juliagulia909
    juliagulia909 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    We started a Facebook group and quite a few of us started a whole30 this month.. If you are interested come on over!

It is an ALL female group FYI!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/groups/473098086042835/
  • tsavisky
    tsavisky Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I just joined:)