Former Marine Detained over Facebook posts

Options
12346»

Replies

• doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    It seems you keep singling me out in a comical way in this thread, is there something you would like to say that we can actually debate or are you going to keep acting like a *kitten*?
    That was just a random you reference - it could be anyone in the chicken suit, really - and was actually intended to comically detract from the high references in the other thread and was much more of a dig at fbmandy.

I believe that the 30 days of observation would have been beneficial to this person and in the long run wold have gone a long way toward getting him the help that I believe he needs.

All that said, I'm not acting. ;-)

It's so nice to know that your opinion of the guy trumps that of medical professionals and a judge who have decided he is not a danger...

A judge isn't a doctor. He can't tell if someone is crazy, or sick or a loon. His job is to listen to the testimonials of others and uphold the law. Medical professionals will say one thing one day and turn around the next. Like when we used to treat ahlziemers with cocaine and what not. What if he does go batsh!t crazy and starts shooting people. What then? Do we say the professionals were all wrong and the military could now say "we told you so" and then blame it on hypnosis like The Manchurian Candidate?

But you are ALL basing your opinion of him on nothing but fear mongering. You have turned free speech into mental illness.

I am basing my opinion on his notion that the Bush's have a secret castle where they rape and then sacrifice babies. That is not a sane thing, which is fine except that it is also accompanied by statements about revolution and the like. Too many flags.

So you know that's exactly what he is thinking? Not that he is using that to make a point, he's not using some of the things he said as metaphors? Several people have testified to his sanity, since his release he has even volunteered to undergo a different psychiatric evaluation to PROVE he is sane and this was all unjust.

Because that's what he has said, that one of the 'trigger posts' he was jailed for are lyrics from a Candaian rap song. So now posting song lyrics on facebook throws a red flag?

“If you read ‘1984’…in that society there was something called the ‘Ministry of Truth.’ Bill Clinton very recently went on record and said that he believed there should be a Ministry of Truth in this country to monitor the internet,” said Raub.
    “It’s a government that I loved,” he added, saying he still “absolutely” wants truth to prevail within the federal government.
    Raub reiterated that people should take “peaceful” and “non-violent” methods to educate themselves and disseminate information about what is going on in the United Sates.

Yep, sounds like a crazy person who wants to go shoot a bunch of people.

What is raping and sacrificing babies in a castle in Colorado a metaphor for?

I am all for free speech but when a certain list of flags are triggered and reports to the authorities are made, it behooves those authorities to investigate. Their investigation lead to a mental health professional assessing that he should be under 30 day evaluation. No one knows what was said during that assessment.
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    It seems you keep singling me out in a comical way in this thread, is there something you would like to say that we can actually debate or are you going to keep acting like a *kitten*?
    That was just a random you reference - it could be anyone in the chicken suit, really - and was actually intended to comically detract from the high references in the other thread and was much more of a dig at fbmandy.

I believe that the 30 days of observation would have been beneficial to this person and in the long run wold have gone a long way toward getting him the help that I believe he needs.

All that said, I'm not acting. ;-)

It's so nice to know that your opinion of the guy trumps that of medical professionals and a judge who have decided he is not a danger...

A judge isn't a doctor. He can't tell if someone is crazy, or sick or a loon. His job is to listen to the testimonials of others and uphold the law. Medical professionals will say one thing one day and turn around the next. Like when we used to treat ahlziemers with cocaine and what not. What if he does go batsh!t crazy and starts shooting people. What then? Do we say the professionals were all wrong and the military could now say "we told you so" and then blame it on hypnosis like The Manchurian Candidate?

But you are ALL basing your opinion of him on nothing but fear mongering. You have turned free speech into mental illness.

I am basing my opinion on his notion that the Bush's have a secret castle where they rape and then sacrifice babies. That is not a sane thing, which is fine except that it is also accompanied by statements about revolution and the like. Too many flags.

So you know that's exactly what he is thinking? Not that he is using that to make a point, he's not using some of the things he said as metaphors? Several people have testified to his sanity, since his release he has even volunteered to undergo a different psychiatric evaluation to PROVE he is sane and this was all unjust.

Because that's what he has said, that one of the 'trigger posts' he was jailed for are lyrics from a Candaian rap song. So now posting song lyrics on facebook throws a red flag?

“If you read ‘1984’…in that society there was something called the ‘Ministry of Truth.’ Bill Clinton very recently went on record and said that he believed there should be a Ministry of Truth in this country to monitor the internet,” said Raub.
    “It’s a government that I loved,” he added, saying he still “absolutely” wants truth to prevail within the federal government.
    Raub reiterated that people should take “peaceful” and “non-violent” methods to educate themselves and disseminate information about what is going on in the United Sates.

Yep, sounds like a crazy person who wants to go shoot a bunch of people.

What is raping and sacrificing babies in a castle in Colorado a metaphor for?

I am all for free speech but when a certain list of flags are triggered and reports to the authorities are made, it behooves those authorities to investigate. Their investigation lead to a mental health professional assessing that he should be under 30 day evaluation. No one knows what was said during that assessment.

Oddly enough I have said some very off the wall things about politicians over the years not because I believe them, but because I like pissing off my extreme liberal or conservative friends. But that being said, I think Bush probably has raped a baby or two. Damn. Now I have to get locked up. Besides, Bill Maher, who I enjoy watching, went on live TV and said this whole nation would be better off if Cheney were killed or died or something along those lines. Why wasn't he locked up?
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Besides, Bill Maher, who I enjoy watching, went on live TV and said this whole nation would be better off if Cheney were killed or died or something along those lines. Why wasn't he locked up?

Becuase he doesn't have military training.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Besides, Bill Maher, who I enjoy watching, went on live TV and said this whole nation would be better off if Cheney were killed or died or something along those lines. Why wasn't he locked up?

Becuase he doesn't have military training.

An even more disturbing infringement. If you serve our country, you are a threat...

Adrian, you better watch out. You are a vet who posts wild things on facebook. You may be next! :smokin:
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    An even more disturbing infringement. If you serve our country, you are a threat...
    That's not really what he's saying, but as someone who's a master of taking people's words and twisting them to suit my own purporses, I won't bother here.
    Adrian, you better watch out. You are a vet who posts wild things on facebook. You may be next!
    The thing is, someone close to Brandon reported those things. It was reported that some of the posting came from within a private group. Someone within his group of friends determined that he was going off the rails and was concerned enough to try to report it.

Or, do you think that the federal government is monitoring Facebook and singled him out for a specific reason due to his posting? If so, would you be so kind as to share your theory.
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options

Adrian, you better watch out. You are a vet who posts wild things on facebook. You may be next! :smokin:

Way to take it out of context. I'm not talking about Adrian at all. I'm talking about this specific person you decided to present to us. Since I don't know Adrian, and am not a friend of his on Facebook, I can't say anything. But, if he were my friend for years, and I knew he was inciting violence against the government ( which I know he isn't based on his previous response ), then yeah, I would talk to Adrian one on one, or call a family member and ask if everything was OK and take it further if need be. If I cared enough to think something was wrong, and don't want to see him do something drastic, then I would take steps to make sure someone takes a look . Someone had to care enough, or got spooked enough that he was observed, right?