Whole30 September Challenge

Options

Replies

• Cerebrus189
    Cerebrus189 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I might be in to try again if I can eat all this delicious cheese I just bought. I don't want to share it with my kids, just keep it all to myself.
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I am in! I am starting today though! Hopefully I can make it successfully while on vacation! But I will give it my all!
  • AmIhealthyyet
    AmIhealthyyet Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I have less problems with food than with the whole working out thing. Maybe September will change that:)

Don't feel like you must be an exercise freak!! It almost all comes down to our food choices! You have a big head start on many (me) when it comes to eating well! Glad your giving it a go!
  • AmIhealthyyet
    AmIhealthyyet Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I might be in to try again if I can eat all this delicious cheese I just bought. I don't want to share it with my kids, just keep it all to myself.

OMG you sound like me! I had all the yummy cheese labeled "MOM'S Don't eat". I say finish it but don't buy more??? Cheese and date night (having a few beers) will be tough!
  • corimac
    corimac Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I started today! Spent the better part of the weekend meal planning, shopping, and prepping. I really missed my latte this morning, but felt great otherwise.
  • epcooper
    epcooper Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my Day 1 and it went pretty smoothly! I'd been slowly transitioning for the past week, but I still felt like crap in the afternoon yesterday. I was starving and exhausted by 3pm, so I scarfed down an apple and took a nap as soon as I got home from work. Normally I'd be bummed that I didn't get a workout in, but I know that I can't expect too much of myself right now. I'm looking forward to that boundless energy I've been hearing about!

Oh, and I had a delicious ribeye steak with garlic butter asparagus and a sweet potato for dinner.....so that made the whole day worth it. :)
  • 40goneby40
    40goneby40 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am in! Starting on the 4th. From a diet standpoint, I am pretty close already, just need to eliminate the wine (OUCH!) and the occasional dairy and teaspoons of splenda!.

Exercise...definitely need to increase, but my work has free Crossfit classes in the morning, so that should not be too hard!

Feel free to add me as a friend and criticize my diary to keep my accountable!!! (yes...I will continue to track. I am too type-A to stop that. But I will put the scale away for the month!) :smile:
  • christimw
    christimw Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    i really want to, but i just can't. alcohol i could easily cut out, but not butter and cheese, as those are huge in my house, every meal pretty much has one or both. and i'm poor, my meats definitely aren't the best but its all i can do right now. i'm sure there are some sulfites or something else bad in them. bah! :(
  • kerriknox
    kerriknox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm in - starting on the 4th. I've already got my first week of menu plans!
    For anyone looking for inspiration there is a fantastic website thefoodee.com that has recipes that are all Paleo and Primal. You can filter out Whole 30 complaint ones.
  • skwidlund
    skwidlund Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    For anyone looking for inspiration there is a fantastic website thefoodee.com that has recipes that are all Paleo and Primal. You can filter out Whole 30 complaint ones.

You can also check out chowstalker.com - they have a button on the homepage that takes you hundreds of whole30 comp,Kant recipes. I think fastpaleo.com might have a whole30 section too.
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I am defiantly in. I will be starting on Sept 4th and be ending on 50th birthday in the beginning of Oct.
  • 40goneby40
    40goneby40 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    OMG. Just spent the past 20 minutes drooling over the Paleo recipes on Chowstalker! I am so going to be cookin' it up in the kitchen this weekend!!
  • Meadows18
    Meadows18 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm in 100%. Can't wait.
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I am in as well!!! First time I made it 26 days....last time .....well not so long (10) lol. September 1st!!!! Day one!!
  • aggiejane07
    aggiejane07 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I started yesterday though. I did a practice week last week so I could make sure I was getting enough calories so that I could not track for the entire time. Lost almost 5lbs of bloat and water weight in a week. Crazy. My workouts were a little tough but I've already talked to my crossfit coach about it all and he says to expect the first few weeks to be harder while my body is converting to metabolizing fat for energy instead of those easy carbs. Good luck to everyone :)
  • sataylor24
    sataylor24 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I actually started yesterday and should have thought this through because Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Lattes hit on September 4th! What was I thinking?!?! I guess the wait will just make my first one of the season more worth it :)
  • corimac
    corimac Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4 and was cruising along pretty well until last night when a raging headache kicked in. Im feeling better today so far and hope another one doesn't sneek up on me. I've really been enjoying some yummy food including my new favorite breakfast of scrambled eggs with some paleo chili. Delish!!! I've been trying to eat paleo for a while now but always would allow myself a "just this one time" treat that would turn into weeks of bad choices. I think the "no exception" on the whole30 is just what i need to stay on track.

good luck to everyone starting!! Feel free to add me. I'd love to have some whole30 peeps:smile:
  • epcooper
    epcooper Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm just starting my Day 5 and I think my headache is FINALLY going away. I had a terrible throbbing in my head for 2 straight days, but I'm optimistic it's almost gone now. I also woke up bright and perky about 5 minutes before my 5:45 alarm went off this morning. :noway:

I haven't had trouble keeping my diet strictly paleo, and I've been relying on sweet potatoes and fruit to get me through the rough patches. I find myself eating salads with protein more than anything else though, as I don't know many paleo recipes yet and I've had a hard time finding some staples. I can say with pride, though, that I have gotten much better at chosing cuts of beef, and I made a damn fine steak this week. I'm considering buying a cast-iron grill pan to further this new love-affair I have with ribeyes.

Today I'm really craving something sweet and bready. I live right next to a bakery, and of course they reopened this week after a vacation, so I'm getting the delicious aroma of baked goods wafting in my windows every morning. Such torture.
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I am starting Sept. 4. I am getting everything ready to go!
  • beckie32536
    beckie32536 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am gearing up to start (again) tomorrow! I will be able to take into account lessons learned from my August attempt so I think I will have good success this go around.