Whole30 September Challenge

Options

Replies

• MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I am gearing up to start (again) tomorrow! I will be able to take into account lessons learned from my August attempt so I think I will have good success this go around.

What lessons? Please share your secrets for success. Thx Dee
  • Shanec03
    Shanec03 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm embarking on this challenge today, which the sept 1st here in the UK.

To anyone who has already begun this challenge, how is your physical and mental well-being? Do you feel that you are more productive with day-to-day activities, mental alert, happier and self-confident?

Many thanks,

Shane.
  • spirit80
    spirit80 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Game on... Good luck everybody!
  • ChasingKatie
    ChasingKatie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Im starting today. I plan to cook and freeze a bunch of meals this weekend so I have plenty of grab and go options.
  • skwidlund
    skwidlund Posts: 117 Member
    Options

To anyone who has already begun this challenge, how is your physical and mental well-being? Do you feel that you are more productive with day-to-day activities, mental alert, happier and self-confident?

Shane.

By about week 2, definitely. There can be a few foggy, carb flu like days before you get there, though, but it's worth it to push through!
  • caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Count me in. My gut is still reeling from cheeseburger/nacho/ice cream hell over my vacation. I'm not sure if it was food poisoning, the gluten, or dehydration but my belly has been very sad for the past three days.

It's Day 1 and I've barely eaten, and I'm not terribly hungry. Oh, but I do wish for some bone broth and I have none made. I know that would heal my gut. I might just sip on some organic chicken broth but I have to go read the ingredient list.

I read It Starts with Food over my vacation and it has totally motivated me for the Whole30.

Seriously... it's 30 days. We can do it.

I haven't weighed all week, so I am going to step on the scale tomorrow morning, but not after that. I will be logging my food but not adjusting for calories.
  • ChasingKatie
    Options
    Day one done for me. Wasnt too bad. I didnt have a plan ready or much food in the house but I made it through. Today I am stocked up and am going to cook and freeze a whole bunch of things to have throughout the month.

How is everyone else doing?
  • ChasingKatie
    Options
    End of day 2 and I feel like crap :<
    My stomach is very angry, not sure if its food related or just detox. So glad I am off work tomorrow!
  • epcooper
    epcooper Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, Pearl! I felt awful for the first 4 days or so, but after that I felt much better. Unfortunately, I fell off the wagon on Saturday and had corn chips and kettle corn, but I'm right back to it and I don't feel anywhere near as bad as I did before. I'm just sluggish and unfocused now. That was definitely a wake-up call, considering how great I felt on Friday and Saturday before my poor choices.
  • manfredz
    manfredz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm on, began today with a big bowl of fruit for breakfast. Will try to get it to work with HIIT training.
  • MyHealthyTemple
    MyHealthyTemple Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Just decided to join Whole30 even though it's 3 days into September today, I will just go on a few days longer to make up the days:-)
  • sarbar71
    sarbar71 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I plan to start Whole 30 tomorrow - 9/4. Count me in!!
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I actually just stumbled upon this yesterday and I plan on starting this tomorrow (9/4). I have been wheat free and mostly grain free for a while so hopefully the transition won't be too painful. But even with those eliminations I have been eating dairy and sugar and I need to cut those out cold turkey. I actually did a yeast free diet a while ago so I kind of know what I am in for. This is actually less restrictive. Oh, and a question about the program...on their website they say that it was free but now they charge $15? Is there more to the challenge than to not eat grains, sugar, legumes, or dairy?
  • skwidlund
    skwidlund Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Oh, and a question about the program...on their website they say that it was free but now they charge $15? Is there more to the challenge than to not eat grains, sugar, legumes, or dairy?

All of the basic information is still free: http://whole9life.com/2012/08/the-whole30-program/

What they're charging $15 for is the Whole30 Daily, a daily email with motivation, support and I think maybe some recipes: https://daily.whole9life.com/

The book It Starts With Food is also written by Dallas and Melissa, and gives you more in-depth information.
  • idauria
    Options
    I just ordered It Starts with Food for my Kindle since it's not a cookbook and it's a lot cheaper than buying it hardcover. For actual cookbooks, I prefer the actual book to the Kindle version. I might still buy Well Fed and Make it Paleo.
  • Meadows18
    Meadows18 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Day 3 of Whole30 and am doing ok, except for the occassional headaches. The only thing I miss is my scale. I can't believe I haven't weighed myself in 3 days when before this I was weighing myself daily.
  • beckie32536
    beckie32536 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Half way through Day 4!
  • Cerebrus189
    Cerebrus189 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Day 1 for me and it's going well. I'm really excited about not logging for the next 30 days and seeing where I'm at as far as measurements and weight at the end of my 30 days. So far, it's going very well...not tempted with dairy at all, and have been eating fat most of the morning. Good luck to everybody who is doing this in September.
  • ChasingKatie
    Options
    Day 2 and 3 I was not hungry for dinner, just had some tea before bed.

Today I am starving!!! Probably because I am at work, and all kinds of other things are around. I ate everything I brought with me today, just have to hang in there for a few more hours!
  • idauria
    Options
    Day 1 today. Also started reading It Starts with Food. Interesting stuff. Unfortunately I had three cavities filled this morning and I couldn't eat breakfast and my mouth was so numb when I got home all I could have was a protein shake. That is my normal breakfast but I am not sure if it's allowed on this challenge. I use a whey isolate protein powder and almond milk without carageenan or other weird chemicals. I also switched to sunbutter instead of peanut butter. I also threw in some baby spinach. For dinner I am making garlic and herb pork tenderloins with roasted brussels sprouts.