30 Day Shred Level 1

Options

Replies

• Dot2Dots
    Dot2Dots Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my day off from the Shred, which I can say was needed ! Today, I woke up feeling refreshed and ready to hit it again. And it was a tad bit easier to do...still modifying some of the moves but all in all a good workout !

So, Level 1, Day 3 of the 30 DS was a success !! :happy:

Now, I am off to Zumba class...
  • dwid77
    dwid77 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi I've just joined this group and it's my 3rd day of Shredding. I started on Saturday morning, did the Shred and then had a look at Jillian's other DVDs in the set. Problem areas (circuit training) was running so I joined in a little just to see if it was possible to do. I felt ok at the time. Yesterday I was sore in muscles I didn't know I had so I just did the Shred. This morning I dragged my poor aching body out of bed at 6am to start day 3. I'm feeling like I've been hit by a train. Maybe I did too much on day one. Let's hope tomorrow is easier. I can do Level one ok although the pushups kill me. Will I ever be ready for level 2?
  • vadanad
    vadanad Posts: 5
    Options
    just finished day 2. hmm... It's a good training. I used to do Insanity but it was too hard for me and I quit after 2 weeks. But 30 day shred it's better. I really hope I'll get some results.... I ate some biscuits with chocolate topping today :((...
    I live without bread, or juice, or fruit yogurt, or cakes.... but chocolate..:(. Kinda sad, I know. Good luck, guys:*
  • Kangie08
    Kangie08 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    30 DS, Level 1 day 3 is complete... Those bicycles crunches were killing me but I endured to the end. Ready for day 4 this evening. Glad that everyone is stil hanging in here
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Finished Day 2 - not that stiff today - was surprised - just my arms feel like jello
  • jillianfan317
    jillianfan317 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Day 9 done of level 1. I'm happy tomorrow is my last day of level 1. Thursday is a rest day then it's onto level 2. Bring it on
  • TizzieWizzie
    TizzieWizzie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think the hardest part of the workout is trying to get my fat self off the floor when I'm finished. Just did day 3:)
  • Elisac2008
    Elisac2008 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I was going to take a rest from shred today, but decided I could do it. I went to the gym and did 90 minutes on the treadmill, then came home and did l1d6.. i am beat now.
  • hunnins
    hunnins Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I almost didnt do my day 8 today cause my power nap extended to a 4 hour sleep. :(. I posted on my status so i would be accountable to whoever can see.... and i did it!! Albeit 1 hour after getting up. But i did it! No excuses! And i pushed as hard as i could. I am ecstatic with this newly found will power.

Thanks to mfp and you guys for keeping me honest and on the right track. Pls feel free to friend me so we can encourage each other.

We can do this!
  • Peaches516
    Peaches516 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 2 of Level 1! I am surprised by how much I am sweating. I work out about three times a week, and I thought I was in okay shape, but this video is targeting the areas I didn't know existed! Why, hello there, butt and calves! Time to go shower and then cook dinner!
  • ziggyc
    ziggyc Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Here's my start with the 30DS so far...
    Saturday - Day 1. OUCH! Immediately followed up with swimming, tubing and drinking at a family reunion on a lake. Immediately followed up with dancing at a club and more drinking with a friend all night.
    Sunday - OUCH!!!!! Can't move. Didn't get enough sleep. Definitely overdid it the day before. So I skip any workout.
    Monday - Still really sore but I force myself to do it before work. I only had time for 15 minutes though.

So, I'm off to a slow start and it sucks. I'm going to add a day or two to level 1 to make up for it. I can't believe how out of shape I am.

:ohwell:

That was yesterday morning. I just got done with day 3 and it was noticeably easier to get through. I only took a few breaks! woohoo! :-)
  • jtrousehouse
    Options
    Level 1 Day 5 complete!! Only 25 more to go =)
  • towens00
    towens00 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Took today off. Be back tomorrow for L1D4.
  • nhernan6
    nhernan6 Posts: 21
    Options
    Day 4 down - I can't believe how much easier it was today! I still sweat as much as I did the 1st time. I feel more energized than before - Jillian and I have a love/hate relationship :)
  • PHYLLISALEXIS
    PHYLLISALEXIS Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hello yesterday was my first day also. I thought I would die trying to do jumping jacks and then the jump rope was the hardest for me. But I will hang in there.
  • hunnins
    hunnins Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hello yesterday was my first day also. I thought I would die trying to do jumping jacks and then the jump rope was the hardest for me. But I will hang in there.

Oh i know what you mean! But yes, we can do this!!! Hang in there...
  • MarjorieDawes57
    MarjorieDawes57 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Day 5 Level 1 completed! Still doing the modified moves, but it's feeling a bit easier each day! Well done everyone for sticking with the Shred, you are all doing fantastically! x
  • stephaniepittman
    stephaniepittman Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    L1D4 complete! These last 2 days I've done the Shred in the morning before work (and I'm certainly no morning person), but it's so quick that I barely have to adjust my wake-up time and then I don't have this "must-do workout" hanging over my head all day.

Also, a lot of the soreness is gone, so I think for the 2nd half of Level 1 I'll try to follow Natalie more.

Very thankful for this group, I enjoy reading after my workout to see how everyone else is doing - keep it up !!
  • LaurDavies
    LaurDavies Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Too many posts on here to reply to everyone individually, but huge well dones and pats on backs all round!

It's great to see everyone being so determined and pushing through even when the shred is the last thing they want to do - it is a killer at first, but I can hand-on-heart promise that it gets easier. Just listen to the guys who're almost on level 2 ;)

The first few days of every level are going to be challenging, but if we do it to the best of our ability, get support on MFP and anywhere else we can find it, and really workout that willpower, then I know we're all going to get to Day 30 looking and feeling amazing.

Well done again everyone, such great motivation, inspiration and honesty from everyone.

Let's just take it a day at a time and keep up the good work! :)
  • ashleyminus30
    ashleyminus30 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My body needed a rest yesterday, so it's L1D4 for me today. I'm still pumped, and hopefully can get through more of the workout.