30 Day Shred Level 1

Options

Replies

• jtrousehouse
    Options
    Day 5 Level 1 completed! Still doing the modified moves, but it's feeling a bit easier each day! Well done everyone for sticking with the Shred, you are all doing fantastically! x

I"m still doing the modified push-ups and probably will for a while!! It really is easier each day tho and I am able to push myself with the more difficult things like the buttkicks and bicep curls because I'm not really sore any more. =) I'm really surprised that I'm not sore tho!!

Keep it going ladies!
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Day 3 completed. Proud of myself, I'm not a morning person, but I set the alarm for 615, and was up working out by 630. Felt really good. Only real complaint is that my arms are like jello, and my thighs are a bit stiff.

Way to go everyone for sticking with it.
  • THE_DOCTORSWIFE
    THE_DOCTORSWIFE Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Today will be day 5 Level 1. I started on Saturday and I haven't had a rest day. I'm looking forward to my work out tonight.

I just wanted to say good luck to all the ladies keeping up with this challange. It is going to be worth it!
  • lizconnor0823
    Options
    Ouch.
  • jillianfan317
    jillianfan317 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My 10th day of level 1. My last day tomorrow is a rest day and then it's onto level 2 on thursday. I'm excited to see how I will do with this level.
  • jillianfan317
    jillianfan317 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hello yesterday was my first day also. I thought I would die trying to do jumping jacks and then the jump rope was the hardest for me. But I will hang in there.

I felt the same exact way on the first day but I'm on my 10th day and it gets easier as u progress throughout the 10 days. Ur building stamina and edurance. Even when I wanted to stop cuz I wanted to kill over and die with the cardio I pushed through it w/o stopping to take a break. Just keep pushing through and it will get easier as it goes on.
  • hunnins
    hunnins Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I think I busted my knee yesterday :( i had to modify jumping jacks to other cardio. I dont think itnwas as effective. I wasnt able to do the sidelunge either. :frown: im resting tomorrow so i can do my 10th day with a bang.

What does everyone think? Will a knee support Brace help? I really want to pull through. :sad:
  • ashleyminus30
    ashleyminus30 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    L1D4 done. I am making it through entire circuits. That's a far cry from when I started on Saturday! Also, does it annoy anyone else when Jillian says she's not flexible? I wish I could touch my toes!! Hopefully in 26 days I'll be able to do a stretch and reach my toes!
  • JayMri
    JayMri Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Day 3 done, was a little sore to start but felt better after the workout.
    L1D4 done. I am making it through entire circuits. That's a far cry from when I started on Saturday! Also, does it annoy anyone else when Jillian says she's not flexible? I wish I could touch my toes!! Hopefully in 26 days I'll be able to do a stretch and reach my toes!

I was thinking the same thing when I did it this morning, I can barely get to mid calf!
  • towens00
    towens00 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    L1D4 finished. Big thanks to all you on here!! Recovery getting better each time :) Still doing modified pushups.
  • towens00
    Options
    I think I busted my knee yesterday :( i had to modify jumping jacks to other cardio. I dont think itnwas as effective. I wasnt able to do the sidelunge either. :frown: im resting tomorrow so i can do my 10th day with a bang.

What does everyone think? Will a knee support Brace help? I really want to pull through. :sad:

Jumping jacks hurt my knees too. Soft brace won't hurt. Modify to where knees don't hurt but your heart rate is still up.
  • smiles4support
    Options
    guys help me out...I have done 3 days of level 30 DS...took a day off to rest sore muscles...can't seem to get moving again...PUSH ME..LOL
  • towens00
    Options
    guys help me out...I have done 3 days of level 30 DS...took a day off to rest sore muscles...can't seem to get moving again...PUSH ME..LOL
    Go do it now! Took yesterday off, but made it thru today. Soooo glad I didn't take 2 off. You won't be as sore with just one day off :)
  • hunnins
    Options

Jumping jacks hurt my knees too. Soft brace won't hurt. Modify to where knees don't hurt but your heart rate is still up.

Ill try to buy one today and ill post here how it goes. Thanks!
  • hunnins
    Options

The soreness was gone in day 4, for me. But my legs were still dying. Lol. Push through, girl :wink: You got this!

Oh, i saw a friends' post saying that listening to her own music helped. So, that might work...
  • LaurDavies
    LaurDavies Posts: 77 Member
    Options

I really hurt my knee the last time I did 30 DS - from what I remember I found level 2 quite hard on my knees. I think you should get a soft knee support, but you could also temporarily replace the high impact cardio sections with things with less or no impact, maybe something like these: http://exercise.about.com/library/bllowimpactcardioblast1.htm

Also, give yourself (at least) a day off after day 10.

You don't want to antagonise an injury and take longer to heal! If you have to take a few days off then do. Maybe ease yourself back in with a couple days of level 1 and then back into level 2.

It's not a cheat so you shouldn't feel guilty, needs must!

Hope you recover soon lady :)
  • surabhit
    surabhit Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    QUOTE:

Hello yesterday was my first day also. I thought I would die trying to do jumping jacks and then the jump rope was the hardest for me. But I will hang in there.

Oh i know what you mean! But yes, we can do this!!! Hang in there...

I hate the jump rope too, but if you feel like taking a break, then instead of jumping off both feet together, try to shuffle and alternate them. Almost like a bouncing feel but off both feet, one after another. That way you still exercise, but your calves get a minute to breathe. Push it through ladies!! :)
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Day 4 completed. 1 more day then, I will take Sat and Sun off.

Things going good here, but ate way to much fatty take out yesturday. But will try to get back on track today. Since I started on Monday my weight has come down a pound. I know I can keep this up, just have to stay dedicated with finishing 30 day shred.
  • Kangie08
    Kangie08 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Level 1, Day 5 completed.... yay me... I am determined to get those bicycle crunches effectively.... Congrats to everyone to sticking it out... Halfway through level 1 Yay
  • JayMri
    JayMri Posts: 241 Member
    Options

I really hurt my knee the last time I did 30 DS - from what I remember I found level 2 quite hard on my knees. I think you should get a soft knee support, but you could also temporarily replace the high impact cardio sections with things with less or no impact, maybe something like these: http://exercise.about.com/library/bllowimpactcardioblast1.htm

Also, give yourself (at least) a day off after day 10.

You don't want to antagonise an injury and take longer to heal! If you have to take a few days off then do. Maybe ease yourself back in with a couple days of level 1 and then back into level 2.

It's not a cheat so you shouldn't feel guilty, needs must!

Hope you recover soon lady :)

I second doign the low-impact for kee problems. I have to do low-impact, can't jump and can't do puch ups on my knees due to arthritis. I power walk to the jumping jacks, jog to the jump ropes, switch off on the front lunges (doiong 10 on each leg rather then the whole set) and do my push-ups leaning into the kitchen counter or wall. I've had to do this for these types of exercise for a few years and feel that I am still getting the same great work out.