Week 1 (1st Sept)

Options
Charlottina
Charlottina Posts: 87 Member
The first challenge is an easy one for everyone to do but an important one.
You get a point for everyday you drink at least the recommended 8 glasses of water.

Replies

• Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite! I'm really looking forward to starting this on 9/1! In the meantime, I suppose I'll "practice!" :)
  • herbalkitty
    herbalkitty Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite, just finished a seven week challenge and missing it so its great to join another one :)
  • VickyClare75
    Options
    Thanks so much for the invite, I'm looking forward to this! x
  • SelenityJ
    SelenityJ Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited!
  • marmitina
    marmitina Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this Charlottina! I've been on here a while but lose motivation on my own. Hopefully this will keep me on track :smile:
  • Ninabee150
    Ninabee150 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: I have no problem getting in my water each day. Thanks for starting this great thread!
  • Andreake08
    Andreake08 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Can I drink sparkling water instead? It might sound odd, but plain water makes me nauseous... :(

If it doesn't count, I'll try to overcome my nausea...
  • Jen0414
    Jen0414 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite and starting this group! Water is the one thing I don't have a problem with!
  • Spudeata
    Spudeata Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thank you for setting this up :happy:

Silly question, but what volume is one glass of water.
  • Sweetie_Pie92
    Sweetie_Pie92 Posts: 314 Member
    Options

I'd assume a cup will be 8 fluid oz.
  • jamacattack
    jamacattack Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite! I'm really looking forward to starting this on 9/1! In the meantime, I suppose I'll "practice!" :)

Haha! I'm practicing too! :smile:
  • Charlottina
    Charlottina Posts: 87 Member
    Options

I'd assume a cup will be 8 fluid oz.

Yea this is the measurement I will be using or sometimes I use 250mls and work my way through a 2l bottle
  • Sweetie_Pie92
    Options
    Can I drink sparkling water instead? It might sound odd, but plain water makes me nauseous... :(

I would say that's just as good. I usually count it as water as long as it has no added sugar or caffeine. I count herbal tea, soda water, etc...
  • Andreake08
    Andreake08 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Cool!! Thank you!!! :D:D:D
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options

I would think it counts, though I would avoid the kinds with sodium. Other ways I have tried to make water yummier (though I've grown to like it on it's own) is to add lemon juice. A lot of people would agree plain tea counts as well (though some say only non-caffeinated counts).
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Other ways I have tried to make water yummier (though I've grown to like it on it's own) is to add lemon juice. .

This is my favourite way :D! i keep a jug of water in the fridge with a lemon chopped up in it it tastes soooo good even though i dont mind water on its own anyway.

I am hoping im going to be ok to take part in this one... i plan to try but may have to lower my goal amount we have natural spring water comes straight from the ground so super good for you not added bits and bobs but the over load of minerals doesnt always agree with my body and makes my lips swell...isnt pretty...... lol
    x
  • Sweetie_Pie92
    Options

I would think it counts, though I would avoid the kinds with sodium. Other ways I have tried to make water yummier (though I've grown to like it on it's own) is to add lemon juice. A lot of people would agree plain tea counts as well (though some say only non-caffeinated counts).

I love the lemon juice too. I've started soaking fruit (pineapple, honeydew melon, etc..) in my water to give some variety to the taste.
  • christinechipchase
    christinechipchase Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to this to. This is my first challenge since joining back
    8 glass of water it is then :) xx
  • KCramer12
    KCramer12 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! Thank u!
  • SarahSosi
    SarahSosi Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    will do .. and really really thank U this is my first challenge and i hope to do great