New Recruits Starting Stage 1

Options
124»

Replies

• MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    I just did my very first workout on Monday and loved it! Going to do B1 today and am so excited about it. I have my husband helping me with form. I was very sore the next day.

Looking forward to completing the workout with you guys and I'm so glad I found this group!
  • JESSJESJ
    JESSJESJ Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I'm sure this has been beaten to death, but is everyone following the diet in the book? It just seems like so much food!
  • MrsAgi
    MrsAgi Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I just did the second workout.. LOVING IT! I am a little insecure about deadlifts, but you guys are helping. Anyone have tips about squats? I get my thighs almost parallel to the floor and then I feel like I'm going to fall over... if I try to go down anymore, it's leaning forward which is not good. Help??

I lean forward a fair bit on my squats - the nice man who helped me the other day said it's more important t keep your back in a straight line, not straight up and down. The trainer who did a double take on my third week when he saw me squatting with a barbell congratulated me on my form, so it can't be that bad to lean forwards at the bottom:laugh:
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I'm sure this has been beaten to death, but is everyone following the diet in the book? It just seems like so much food!

I would only follow that if you are okay with building muscle AND gaining weight. I am not ready to do that yet, so am eating TDEE minus 20%, which I am hoping is enough to lose slowly and maintain the muscle I already have. It does appear to be working so far.
  • quietasariot
    quietasariot Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Not following the RXd diet in the book, but I have increased protein by a lot and am eating more calories. Trying to keep the percentages right with protein/carbs/fat, too. As delicious as the recipes in the book sound to me; most of them wouldn't get eaten by my kids or husband ;).