2012.09.10 Menopausal Mad Hatters Chatter (Monday)

Options
124»

Replies

• cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone.....

Just a quick note - very proud of you - "IPOU" as snoozie would say... working on the SCV... "small change victories" - still haven't bought any haloween candy "IPOM" I'm Proud of Me"... moments....and love a NSV "non scale victory"....

Welcome to the mad hatters.. almost wrote mad haters ... what a difference a letter would make...
    saving those mad hater moments for the PITAs in my world "pain in the .ss" people...

But scv.. didn't succumb to food yesterday with all the haters in my world..

Got the 59 minute rule at work ... old Carol would have gone home... new Carol went to the gym with the extra time "smile".. even though class was at 5:00, skipped the class and did the treadmill at 4:00...

And still did errands... shopped for groceries.. greek yogurt, cottage cheese, granola (to put in the greek yogurt for a change)...... old Carol would have bought soda / candy / cookies. another IPOM, SCV....

And very grateful never had to deal with diabetes or high blood pressure... instead I got brain surgery .. lol :laugh: :grumble: :sad: :noway:

But like Ecclesiates would say.. there is a time for everything...
    And Jesus - you will never have more than you can handle each day...
    Love Matthew..

Go Team Go....
    And Smile Team Smile:wink:

Carol in NJ....
  • cheryl5115
    cheryl5115 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have missed so much this week,
    All of the inspiring words. They have lifted my soul tonight.
    I have all you in my thought and prayers as we all go thur our daily struggles wither it is our weight issues or taking care of our families. It is a blessing to be able to have someone to talk or in some cases to rant to. In the long run. It is very helpful to be able to destress on here.

Thanks for the Blessing.
  • hairsprayhon
    hairsprayhon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Susan and Sharon welcome, we all have been there,done that and are Now finding better ways to get healthy.
    Carol, it's always tough to avoid eating when faced with the rough days in our life. Thanks for showing us it CAN be done.
    Snoozie, little victories are the only way to get to the bigger victories-- great progress on changing your taste buds with your coffee.
    TA, a good teacher is always moving, so your body is telling you what you need to do. In reading of the successes of the hatters and other mfp folks, it is obvious that there is no one size fits all. We all want to make healthier food choices and move more, but how successful we are is dependent on how willing we are to work to find out what are the best foods and movements for us as individuals. Doing an exercise that we hate or trying to eat food that Doesn't taste good will lead us to give up. I also think that success is more likely when we focus on finding good things that are nutritious instead of thinking about the food with little nutrrition that we are not eating.
    Carol, I'm glad you noticed me waving from the tennis court yesterday. Today I had to just look out my window in between my cleaning duties, sigh. Today we finished getting my sons room ready for my m in law. Tomorrow we need to find places for everything that we took out of his room. Body pump paid off, i was lifting with my legs and core instead of my back .
    Janet
  • cheryl5115
    Options
    Finished catching up on the group. Just noticed a couple of the new ones.

Welcome Susan & Sharon.

Yesterday I went shopping with my girls. The baby which is 22 has a job interview Wednesday and older sister thought she needed a suit for it. So shopping here we come. The amazing thing about this is I didn't realize how much walking is involved in it. I walked over 12,000 steps just doing that.

So TA - I agree you are getting in more walking than you realize, so now you can concentrate on something else. Keep up the good work.

Ok I have got to go now. It is time for me to get ready for church. Have a good day everyone.
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    So glad you got a chance to catch up Cheryl... and what a lovely post yesterday;couldn't agree more about this being a great place to de stress or rant as needed lol! And yup.. agree the Hatters are a gift! Wow on the steps... it's almost enough to make me like shopping... but not quite LOL!
  • CynthiaAnnGA
    Options
    I'm excited about the start of this week, I feel like I'm back on track w/controlling my food intake & excercise. I have not had a glass of wine in 3 days! My problem w/wine is that after a glass or two & relax so much that I eat everything that is not good for you, so I decided as much as I love wine in the evening, it has to go. I really want to lose this weight.
  • cheryl5115
    Options
    Way to go Cynthia, Making a decision and sticking to it.
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: I started a new page for this week - just follow the breadcrumbs.. hmmm... then again, how about following the broccoli instead! :bigsmile:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/741805-sept-17-monday-s-mad-hatter-chatter