May 2013 Due Dates

Options

Replies

• mrs_dwr
    mrs_dwr Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear things are going well for everyone! We're in the final stretch - which I'm personally hoping is not a long stretch! :laugh: I'm 36 weeks today, and my other children were born at 36w2d, so I'm getting a little antsy, wondering if this baby will be born on Tuesday! Over the past few days, I've gotten ALL the laundry done, cleaned the house (including wiping baseboards, walls, and fan blades), and done much-needed yard work. I have 13 dinners prepped in the freezer for after the baby is born, and a few friends lined up to call in case I go into labor....so now we're just waiting! It could be as many as 3 weeks (since I have my c-section scheduled for the 30th) but I'm really hoping for sooner, if you couldn't tell, lol! :blushing: Now I just have to keep the house in good order (somewhat difficult with 3 kids 3 and under) until she decides to make her appearance. She definitely dropped on Friday - I'm breathing freely again (yay!) and am going to the bathroom every 20 minutes, ha! I also can't cross my legs when sitting anymore, and feel like she's going to just fall out of me any second, due to the pressure. I don't really feel like dealing with that for 3 weeks, so I'm hoping it won't be that long!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear things are going well for everyone! We're in the final stretch - which I'm personally hoping is not a long stretch! :laugh: I'm 36 weeks today, and my other children were born at 36w2d, so I'm getting a little antsy, wondering if this baby will be born on Tuesday! Over the past few days, I've gotten ALL the laundry done, cleaned the house (including wiping baseboards, walls, and fan blades), and done much-needed yard work. I have 13 dinners prepped in the freezer for after the baby is born, and a few friends lined up to call in case I go into labor....so now we're just waiting! It could be as many as 3 weeks (since I have my c-section scheduled for the 30th) but I'm really hoping for sooner, if you couldn't tell, lol! :blushing: Now I just have to keep the house in good order (somewhat difficult with 3 kids 3 and under) until she decides to make her appearance. She definitely dropped on Friday - I'm breathing freely again (yay!) and am going to the bathroom every 20 minutes, ha! I also can't cross my legs when sitting anymore, and feel like she's going to just fall out of me any second, due to the pressure. I don't really feel like dealing with that for 3 weeks, so I'm hoping it won't be that long!

Oh my goodness, I'd have my bag packed and ready to go at all hours of the day! That's funny how all three of your kids came at 36w2d, too - pretty amazing, actually! I am keeping my history in mind, too. I hit 33 weeks yesterday, and my son was born at 38w5d, so my mindset is that I've got less than 6 weeks to go :noway:

Glad to hear she's dropped, too! I know that pressure down below that's uncomfortable, but it also feels SO GOOD when you can breathe again. I haven't dropped yet (not surprising at this point), but MAN it will be nice when s/he does because even still I feel this incredible urge to pee every time I stand up!

Well, hopefully we will be hearing good news from you soon!

Also, I did buy those apps this weekend. Contraction Master and Nursing Master is what they're called, and I think they were $1.99 apiece on iTunes. Not sure how much they cost on Droid.

Oh, and we moved my son to his new room this weekend. Saturday night was a bit dicey, but last night was much better. The IP camera and app is SO much better than our video monitor (and so much more affordable)!

We bought this camera:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006ZP8UOW/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i03?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And I downloaded this app (only available on iPhone/iPad):

http://babymonitorhd.com/BabyMonitor/Home.html

Now all we have to do is buy a second camera, and we come in at about the price of our existing (and screwed up) video monitor, which only has one camera (price of additional camera: $100). Even though we've already invested in a video monitor, it's worth it to get something else and (1) know it's working but also (2) to be able to pan and tilt the camera to move it around the room, which we really needed with the big boy bed!
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Hehe, bump :smile:
  • speshell4
    speshell4 Posts: 49
    Options
    we will have a baby here in 7 weeks or sooner. I have done nothing for this little guy. After our last son, we thought we were done. I got rid of ALL of my baby stuff. I just do not have the motivation to get things ready for this one. I just keep telling myself all a baby REALLY needs is me and diapers:) I better go buy some diapers!!
  • mormonmomma11
    mormonmomma11 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    we will have a baby here in 7 weeks or sooner. I have done nothing for this little guy. After our last son, we thought we were done. I got rid of ALL of my baby stuff. I just do not have the motivation to get things ready for this one. I just keep telling myself all a baby REALLY needs is me and diapers:) I better go buy some diapers!!

Just bought our first bag of newborn diapers last night. I can't remember how long our first was in newborn diapers, but I was afraid to stock up too much. If you do get too many bags - Target is really good about letting you exchange for a bigger size (especially if you put that brand of diapers on your registry).
  • RBXChas
    Options

Just bought our first bag of newborn diapers last night. I can't remember how long our first was in newborn diapers, but I was afraid to stock up too much. If you do get too many bags - Target is really good about letting you exchange for a bigger size (especially if you put that brand of diapers on your registry).

Good to know! The other day I bought the smallest pack of newborn diapers, keeping in mind that I will snag all the ones from the hospital room (which last time were the same as the ones I bought - Huggies Little Snugglers), but I have a TON of size 1s and size 2s left over from last time. I figure if I have too many newborn diapers, I'll just put them aside for someone else to use or donate them, if any women's shelters or anything will take opened packages of diapers.

Kind of crazy to think how close we are! JessWeighingLess mentioned above that she'd given birth at 36w2d. I was thinking, if I happened to go that early, I'd have a baby in LESS THAN THREE WEEKS. That's insane.

My son was born at 38w5days, which means that if this baby follows suit, I'm 5 weeks away. Scary stuff!
  • mormonmomma11
    Options
    I know what you mean RBXChas - I told my dr at my last appointment that starting at 36 weeks I'd go back to walking and trying everything I can to start effacing/dilating. I told her if I could hand pick the day that little man is born we'd go on April 28th (exactly 37 weeks). She said she's good with that and that she thinks she is on call that weekend - if she's not on call she said to hold of until April 29th when she is scheduled (we will find out at my 36 week appointment). OBVIOUSLY I know I CAN'T hand pick my date and that little man will come when he wants to, but no harm in trying to get things going for 37 weeks :)

Part of the reason I want to deliver then, is my husband starts his next semester of school on May 1st - and his program is really intense, so missing class/study time to be at the hospital will translate in lower grades (which is a sacrifice he's willing to make of course!). But still, any less pressure I can put on him is better.

Regardless, if we do go at 37 weeks that is only 2.5 weeks away! YIKES! (Now watch, I've jinxed myself and I won't go into labor until after my due date).
  • mrs_dwr
    Options
    Well, baby #4 hasn't arrived yet! Bummer! I've been having BH contractions but no dilating - once I go into labor (which would be water breaking or cervix starting to dilate), it's all over, so I'm just trying to figure out how to get one of those things to happen now! :laugh: The good news is that baby girl is looking great (I had an ultrasound on Tuesday) but the scary news is that she was measuring a whopping 7lb14oz!!! I know the measurements can be way off, and I'm really hoping that's the case. Otherwise, if she goes all the way to c-section date, she'll be about 9.5 lbs! :huh: What do I do with a 9.5 lb newborn? All my others were 6.5 lbs, lol!

Meanwhile, my house is SPOTLESS (other than the toys that get played with/put away each day) so I'm going crazy trying to pass the time. I just keep trying to remind myself that the absolute longest I have to wait is 2.5 weeks (like mormonmomma hopes for hers!) because April 30 is my scheduled c-section.

Hang in there, ladies - the end is in sight! Though it would be nice to know WHEN exactly that end will be!:laugh:
  • ehg87
    ehg87 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    :huh: What do I do with a 9.5 lb newborn? All my others were 6.5 lbs, lol!

Let me recommend not buying any newborn diapers if there's a chance the new addition is going to be that big. My son was 9lb 12oz and went straight to size 1.
  • TheLaser
    TheLaser Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hi All! Just thought I'd check in with you again. It's interesting to see how we are all in various different stages of readiness! As much as I am not a fan of pregnancy, I have SO MUCH to do before I hold my little guy in my arms: finish my book and send it in to publishers, finish my review materials for work (umm.. start them, too!), get the diapers and odds and ends nursery stuff together, buy a stroller frame that fits the carseat my friend gave me, we still have a room we want to paint, clean up my office, clean out the garage, possibly buy a new car... that's at least a month's worth of work! And I'll be 36 weeks tomorrow! EEEK! Hopefully the nesting energy burst will start now and last four + weeks.

I'm still going to prenatal yoga and doing my water workouts, and relatively speaking I'm feeling pretty good. Actually, prenatal yoga is feeling even a bit too gentle these days! Other women I meet there who are due around the same time look so much bigger and more miserable, so I'm glad that FOR ONCE I am not the most pathetic in the crowd of soon-to-be mammas. I'd love to say that it's all due to the awesome shape I was in pre-pregnancy, but ha ha ha I was the wretchedest creature to walk the earth during the first and most of the second tri.
  • RBXChas
    Options

Let me recommend not buying any newborn diapers if there's a chance the new addition is going to be that big. My son was 9lb 12oz and went straight to size 1.

Note to self not to open the package of newborn diapers that I bought...
  • mrs_dwr
    Options

Lol, true! We haven't even bought any diapers yet, for a couple reasons. 1, we are waiting to see what size we'll need, like you said (my husband will have plenty of time to hit up the store for diapers while I'm still at the hospital) and 2, she won't wear them very long since we do cloth diapers with our kids. So I *really* don't want to end up with too many or the wrong size especially.
  • mrs_dwr
    Options
    Hi All! Just thought I'd check in with you again. It's interesting to see how we are all in various different stages of readiness! As much as I am not a fan of pregnancy, I have SO MUCH to do before I hold my little guy in my arms: finish my book and send it in to publishers, finish my review materials for work (umm.. start them, too!), get the diapers and odds and ends nursery stuff together, buy a stroller frame that fits the carseat my friend gave me, we still have a room we want to paint, clean up my office, clean out the garage, possibly buy a new car... that's at least a month's worth of work! And I'll be 36 weeks tomorrow! EEEK! Hopefully the nesting energy burst will start now and last four + weeks.

I'm still going to prenatal yoga and doing my water workouts, and relatively speaking I'm feeling pretty good. Actually, prenatal yoga is feeling even a bit too gentle these days! Other women I meet there who are due around the same time look so much bigger and more miserable, so I'm glad that FOR ONCE I am not the most pathetic in the crowd of soon-to-be mammas. I'd love to say that it's all due to the awesome shape I was in pre-pregnancy, but ha ha ha I was the wretchedest creature to walk the earth during the first and most of the second tri.

Wow, that is a VERY full plate!! I'll be uber-impressed if you manage to check everything off your list before the baby arrives! Super mom-to-be! :flowerforyou: Congrats on your fitness level, though! I've definitely 'enjoyed' this pregnancy more than my others due to being in better shape (and not being pregnant with twins). I put enjoyed in quotes, though, because I'm not the biggest fan of pregnancy either!
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

Glad to hear everyone is doing well!

Jess, you're getting close! How exciting.

LadyJocc- I just spent a ridiculous amount on an Etsy baby book :frown: my dachshund mobile and stuffed animal arrived yesterday.
    what have you been buying?

RBX & MormomMama- glad to hear your kiddos are transitioning well to the new beds! I bet it's no easy task!

I'm at my wits end with dealing with insurance in Canada. What a freaking NIGHTMARE. We don't qualify for Provinical Health Care until we,ve been here 3 months (which I completely understand). So we have interim health care. Each time we call we get a different answer, they have no clue what they're doing.

My midwife went on vacation for a month, which we didn't expect. A back up midwife met with us and although she was nice, she has been on maternity leave a year and seemed off her game. She said she couldn't be certain what the babies position is and thinks the baby might be breech (even though last week our midwife said sunny side up, head down).

OK...understandable....she refers for an ultrasound which I find out out insurance won't cover..... It's $750!!!!!! WTH??? Is that obscene?? Even in Australia to pay out of pocket it was $150.

So now we have to cross the border and get it done in the US. And not to be mean, but im not confident the new midwife knows whats up. We're already paying out of pocket for our Midwife because the interim insurance won't cover midwives. I could go on and on, but I know that insurance is boring.......thanks for listening.
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I mean is it common for a baby to flip 180 at 33 weeks? I thought it was cramped in there.
  • mormonmomma11
    Options
    I mean is it common for a baby to flip 180 at 33 weeks? I thought it was cramped in there.

My doctor doesn't even address baby's position with me until 35 weeks (I asked at my 33 week appointment). I am visiting one of her colleagues next week (she's on vacation) and I'll see if he gives me any indication of how little man is positioned, but I know a lot of women that have had luck getting a baby to move from breech to head down as late as 38 weeks - so totally possible at 33. Regardless, it's even more possible that baby will get into the right position in time to be born. Is there another MW at the clinic you are going to that coud give a second opinion? I'd not be happy about leaving the country so close to my due date (right now, I won't even leave my metro area. lol).
  • RBXChas
    Options

Lol, true! We haven't even bought any diapers yet, for a couple reasons. 1, we are waiting to see what size we'll need, like you said (my husband will have plenty of time to hit up the store for diapers while I'm still at the hospital) and 2, she won't wear them very long since we do cloth diapers with our kids. So I *really* don't want to end up with too many or the wrong size especially.

I doubt I still have the receipt, but the place we bought them is awesome for customer service and will most certainly allow us to switch them out for another size (I'd probably get size 3, since I have a ton of size 1 and 2 already) if we end up not needing them. Considering it took two trips for my husband to get the overnight pull-ups for our two-year-old, I don't want him to have to worry about picking up the right diapers *and* take care of our son and our office while I'm in the hospital.
  • RBXChas
    Options

My doctor doesn't even address baby's position with me until 35 weeks (I asked at my 33 week appointment). I am visiting one of her colleagues next week (she's on vacation) and I'll see if he gives me any indication of how little man is positioned, but I know a lot of women that have had luck getting a baby to move from breech to head down as late as 38 weeks - so totally possible at 33. Regardless, it's even more possible that baby will get into the right position in time to be born. Is there another MW at the clinic you are going to that coud give a second opinion? I'd not be happy about leaving the country so close to my due date (right now, I won't even leave my metro area. lol).

Yeah, I second all of this ^. I just went to the doctor today (33w5d), and they wouldn't even try to guess. Next appointment in nearly two weeks is a pelvic check (yay?), so they should be able to tell me. Last time he was head-down from my first pelvic check and stayed that way until he was born, and it sounded like that was out of the ordinary for him to have flipped so early. I think it's still pretty early to worry about whether or not your baby is in the right position.

$750 for an ultrasound? On my EOB, that was roughly the cost of my 20-week ultrasound, but that's before my insurance company disallowed a hefty chunk and then made me pay the rest. Typically (at least in the US) if you are uninsured, they will reduce the bill by at least 1/3.

Something about this midwife doesn't sit right...
  • mormonmomma11
    Options

Yeah, I second all of this ^. I just went to the doctor today (33w5d), and they wouldn't even try to guess. Next appointment in nearly two weeks is a pelvic check (yay?), so they should be able to tell me. Last time he was head-down from my first pelvic check and stayed that way until he was born, and it sounded like that was out of the ordinary for him to have flipped so early. I think it's still pretty early to worry about whether or not your baby is in the right position.

$750 for an ultrasound? On my EOB, that was roughly the cost of my 20-week ultrasound, but that's before my insurance company disallowed a hefty chunk and then made me pay the rest. Typically (at least in the US) if you are uninsured, they will reduce the bill by at least 1/3.

Something about this midwife doesn't sit right...

@Rubybeach - could you try someplace like this: http://www.3dmiracles.com/packagesservices

I just did a quick google search for "pregnancy elective ultrasound canada" and it looked like there were several places that popped up. It looks like if you are near one of those locations it should only be around $125 vs. $750 (but I could be totally wrong).

The halifax office even offers a "Position Check" appointment for $50:

Position Check: $50.00
    A brief 5-10 minute appointment to view your baby after 34 weeks. We can let you know if baby is in the optimal position in preparation for delivery, and give you a quick peek at your baby late in the third trimester. One 2D or 3D printed photo will be provided for you to take home. 3D photo only available if baby is in a cooperative position. No sex determination or other add-ons available with this package.
  • TheLaser
    TheLaser Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    From everything I've read and from our Bradley birth class, I hear that babies can flip any number of times and ways right up even until the birth. My cousin recently delivered a baby that was breech all along and breech going into labor, but she had some specialist midwife actually flip the baby before delivery and she was able to deliver vaginally. Most babies get into position a few weeks before the due date, though. It is harder for them to flip after 38 weeks because they run out of room. That ultrasound does seem completely unnecessary. Perhaps the midwife is mentally operating in the Canadian healthcare utopia where ultrasounds don't cost anything. Have you asked the midwife about whether it's really important to find out right now whether the baby is breech, and have you explained your insurance situation to her? She might suggest another route. Otherwise, can you just wait for your regular one to return?

Re: breech. Two separate yoga instructors consistently recommend spinningbabies.com to learn techniques for getting the baby into optimal position.