May 2013 Due Dates

Options

Replies

• Mom2ATM
    Mom2ATM Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    So Im 3Cm 50% Effaced -1 Station Contracting Like Crazy But Nothing To Go To The HSp For. Im 39 W Today And Getting Induced Wed At 8Am SoTonights My Last Dose Of Blood Thinners For A Few Days.
  • mormonmomma11
    mormonmomma11 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I know I'm the pregnant lady who called sheep - but I think I may be going into labor. I'm trying to stay calm and let it go on for a few more hours before I freak out or anything, but I'm in loads of pain down there and I seem to have a contraction and then little man wiggles/pops into a new position (his little tushy seems to be swinging side to side between contractions) - does that even make sense? Anyways - if this isn't labor then I'm going to talk to my dr about being induced next week (39 weeks) because of the constant back pain (which of course they can only give certain drugs for so it never really goes away and it's been a week). Anyways, I'm blabbering.

It's good to read your updates! When I'm at a computer next I'll try and reply to some of your posts! Keep it up ladies - the end is in sight!!!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    It looks like we are all feeling the lovely symptoms of these last few weeks!!!!! I definitely sympathize with the cramps....I have been feeling that way for a few weeks now, and increased BH (both intensity and frequency) that keep tricking me into thinking labor could be starting. Especially since my ob seemed so sure that the baby would come during week 37! Really it just set me up for disappointment because while I continue to feel uncomfortable, I'm in week 38 and the baby has not come....At last week's appointment I was still 80 percent effaced and 1cm....

They also sent me to do an ultrasound to measure the baby's size....no other doctor was concerned about me measuring behind, but then I saw a doctor at my practice who I'd never seen before, and she seemed so concerned about me measuring behind (even though the baby had dropped weeks ago, so I didn't understand why she was still measuring my belly)....but she kept saying you're smaller than other pregnant women so we just need to make sure the baby's growing ok....I have gained a healthy amount of weight (21-22 lbs, just kind of tapered off the last couple weeks)...the other doctor that I normally see never worried because he said it was just the way I was carrying. Anyway she made me worry (because that's just what you do during pregnancy when they even hint something could be wrong!)....I had the ultrasound and the baby was measuring 7 lbs at 37 weeks....so there was definitely nothing to worry about!!

Anyone else feeling completely exhausted?? But restless and ready for baby to come???

I'm sure all is fine and that the other doctor is being overly cautious. But yes, I am COMPLETELY exhausted. (I don't even know how to spell hemorrhoids anymore, apparently! Not that it's a word I spell often, but I was too tired to even notice spell check.) Not really even sleep-wise so much as physically drained. Like all I want to do is put my feet up on the couch and stay that way. However, I just want to go into labor so I can get it over with! I found myself Googling how long labor is for 2nd-time moms compared to the first time, and while there are always outliers, the general trend is that it is shorter. My labor last time was less than 12 hours, so I'm hoping for 6 or less this time! I just want it to be over! I feel like I'm in a holding pattern, where anything could happen at any moment but just ISN'T happening - so my life is on hold until I have this baby - and I just want to keep moving!!!
  • RBXChas
    Options
    So Im 3Cm 50% Effaced -1 Station Contracting Like Crazy But Nothing To Go To The HSp For. Im 39 W Today And Getting Induced Wed At 8Am SoTonights My Last Dose Of Blood Thinners For A Few Days.

Glad you had your last dose! I know you said that was a major pain. Good luck tomorrow!!!
  • RBXChas
    Options
    I know I'm the pregnant lady who called sheep - but I think I may be going into labor. I'm trying to stay calm and let it go on for a few more hours before I freak out or anything, but I'm in loads of pain down there and I seem to have a contraction and then little man wiggles/pops into a new position (his little tushy seems to be swinging side to side between contractions) - does that even make sense? Anyways - if this isn't labor then I'm going to talk to my dr about being induced next week (39 weeks) because of the constant back pain (which of course they can only give certain drugs for so it never really goes away and it's been a week). Anyways, I'm blabbering.

It's good to read your updates! When I'm at a computer next I'll try and reply to some of your posts! Keep it up ladies - the end is in sight!!!

Yaaaay! Update us if/when you can!
  • mormonmomma11
    mormonmomma11 Posts: 358 Member
    Options

Stopped in the night again. Bleh. I knew the contractions weren't strog enough to be the real thing, but they were getting stronger and closer together. And they didn't stop with walking. But at some point in the night they disappeared again. Oh well. Still a few more days of one on one time with my toddler I guess :)
  • RBXChas
    Options

Stopped in the night again. Bleh. I knew the contractions weren't strog enough to be the real thing, but they were getting stronger and closer together. And they didn't stop with walking. But at some point in the night they disappeared again. Oh well. Still a few more days of one on one time with my toddler I guess :)

Oh, I'm sorry :frown: I saw you had posted and quickly clicked on it in hopes that you'd say you had your baby or were hanging out at the hospital or something! That must be so frustrating! Is your son getting clingy with you? On one hand I am mourning the one-on-one time spent/random stuff I do with mine, but I am soooooo ready to not be pregnant anymore! I keep thinking, when the new baby comes, I know I will be incredibly exhausted, but I won't be as physically uncomfortable (well, at least not after a couple of weeks), so if I can get my husband to handle the baby for a few minutes, I can give our son some personal attention for stuff like baths or reading a book.

Question for everyone: is anyone else exceptionally thirsty all the time? Hunger comes and goes, and a lot of the time I can pass on food, but offer me water, and I am all over it! I feel like I can't drink enough. If I watch TV and see something like a mountain stream (I watch a lot of nature shows and documentaries and stuff), I have to go get something to drink! I ran a few last-minute errands (Mother's Day cards!) at Target today, and I saw they had Gatorade on sale, so I got some of that in hopes that it would help with my thirst and give me a bit of variety! I also ordered True Lemon (I randomly tried it at a restaurant recently and LOVED it), which arrives tomorrow - it makes water AWESOME! http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004RZ63KK/ref=ox_ya_os_product

Does anyone have any updates?
  • mrs_dwr
    mrs_dwr Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Just dropping in to say 'hang in there, everybody!' The end is in sight! :flowerforyou: I can't wait to read more birth announcements/stories!
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Does anyone else have breast tenderness? I don't remember having that at the end last time, but yesterday my son was climbing on me and used my boob to grab onto - which hurt like crazy! It was really my nipple more than the whole thing, but OW! I yelled out and actually scared him :cry: But even right now I'm feeling around my boobs (no one is in my office, believe me), and they are pretty sensitive in the middle there.

With my first pregnancy, I was super sensitive (like "touch me and die") at the beginning, and this time they were mildly sensitive but not as bad, however it lasted until somewhere between 16 and 18 weeks. It's just kind of weird that suddenly they are a bit sensitive again. No leakage, though.

I just looked it up, and apparently it's normal, but I've never heard anyone complain about it. Am I the only one experiencing that?
  • ehg87
    ehg87 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    @Rebecca - I'm right there with you on breast tenderness. Had a very similar incident with my son, that made me yell, wince etc. With this being my 3rd I feel pretty confident that it's one of my body's ways of telling me L&D is in my near future.

I would bet it's the same for you :)
  • TheLaser
    TheLaser Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    These last weeks/days of pregnancy are so weird. Sorry to hear about the starts and stops, Mormonmamma! I sympathize with everyone who is feeling totally exhausted for no obvious reason other than carrying around A LOT of belly. I am trying so hard to stay positive and stay cool about labor starting whenever, but in reality I obsess over every little possible sign (of which at this point there are basically none). Yesterday we had a lovely warm day and I decided to take a l.o.n.g. walk in the woods (2 hours) in the hopes of triggering something. All that triggered was achiness and tiredness today! At least I managed to sleep ok. Oh well. The world luckily has a lot of great books and movies in it.
  • RBXChas
    Options
    @Rebecca - I'm right there with you on breast tenderness. Had a very similar incident with my son, that made me yell, wince etc. With this being my 3rd I feel pretty confident that it's one of my body's ways of telling me L&D is in my near future.

I would bet it's the same for you :)

I really hope so!!!!!
  • RBXChas
    Options
    These last weeks/days of pregnancy are so weird. Sorry to hear about the starts and stops, Mormonmamma! I sympathize with everyone who is feeling totally exhausted for no obvious reason other than carrying around A LOT of belly. I am trying so hard to stay positive and stay cool about labor starting whenever, but in reality I obsess over every little possible sign (of which at this point there are basically none). Yesterday we had a lovely warm day and I decided to take a l.o.n.g. walk in the woods (2 hours) in the hopes of triggering something. All that triggered was achiness and tiredness today! At least I managed to sleep ok. Oh well. The world luckily has a lot of great books and movies in it.

Isn't your EDD tomorrow? Hopefully you won't go past it (or very far past it)! If it makes you feel better, last time I didn't have any labor symptoms until I lost my mucus plug the day leading up to the night when I went into labor.

I know how awful that tiredness is. It's just all-consuming! I offered to go to Costco with my husband about an hour ago and then changed my mind because I know it will exhaust me.

ETA that tomorrow is my birthday, so it would be a good day to have a baby :wink:
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Just had a doctor's appointment, and my OB said I was 70% effaced and 2cm dilated. She mentioned induction, but I said let's talk about it if I start getting really close and am not making progress. She was not pushy about it at all and said it was my choice, so we could wait until later to talk about it or not talk about it at all. Her prediction was that I would not make it to 40 weeks, so we'll see! Last time she said I would go until 40 weeks, and less than two days later my son was born...
  • TheLaser
    TheLaser Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    RBX, I would love to have my baby on your birthday, which is -yes- my due date! (Awesome memory!) I have a lot of good friends with birthdays in May, so all of them are hoping the baby comes on their birthday!

I seem to feel REALLY awful in the mornings, as in not-wanting-to-ever-get-out-of-bed-except-that-my-hips-hurt awful. The world is then the darkest, dreariest, most miserable hell and I can't wait for my suffering to end. Things start to pick up around 4-5 pm and my energy peaks towards 7-9 pm. Then the world is a beautiful, flowering, lovely heaven and I just want to wander around slowly in the spring rain enjoying all the scents & sights of May.

Friends keep telling me that there were no signs before their actual day of labor, and that little bit of hope is keeping me very optimistic! Especially after 4-5 pm.
  • LadyJocc
    LadyJocc Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    RBX, I would love to have my baby on your birthday, which is -yes- my due date! (Awesome memory!) I have a lot of good friends with birthdays in May, so all of them are hoping the baby comes on their birthday!

I seem to feel REALLY awful in the mornings, as in not-wanting-to-ever-get-out-of-bed-except-that-my-hips-hurt awful. The world is then the darkest, dreariest, most miserable hell and I can't wait for my suffering to end. Things start to pick up around 4-5 pm and my energy peaks towards 7-9 pm. Then the world is a beautiful, flowering, lovely heaven and I just want to wander around slowly in the spring rain enjoying all the scents & sights of May.

Friends keep telling me that there were no signs before their actual day of labor, and that little bit of hope is keeping me very optimistic! Especially after 4-5 pm.

I love your description! You are so close and doing wonderfully! We'll all be sending good luck vibes to you tomorrow. :flowerforyou:
  • LadyJocc
    Options
    Just had a doctor's appointment, and my OB said I was 70% effaced and 2cm dilated. She mentioned induction, but I said let's talk about it if I start getting really close and am not making progress. She was not pushy about it at all and said it was my choice, so we could wait until later to talk about it or not talk about it at all. Her prediction was that I would not make it to 40 weeks, so we'll see! Last time she said I would go until 40 weeks, and less than two days later my son was born...

Sounds like good progress! With your past history (delivering at 38 weeks & change) seems like you're on track to repeat! Happy early Birthday and keep us posted!
  • LadyJocc
    Options
    Reporting in! Had my first pelvic exam today and am 1cm and 10% effaced. I've been feeling lots of twinges in my pelvis when walking, so I think the walks are really helping. However, I have no other signs, whatsoever, and feel pretty great so I'm not counting on this kid coming early until I'm in delivery. Don't want to get my hopes up!

Oh - and got my results for GSB and they are negative! Sigh of relief to be spared the IV.

Hope everyone is well!!
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

So bummed, I found out I'm Group B positive today. I'm allergic to penicillin so the midwives cant give me my antibiotics at home....I have to go into the hospital early :frown: worried too.....hoping nothing is passed on to the Bub. Anyone else strep b positive?

On the positive side, I jumped on the scale at the midwives and I'm down a few pounds.

Also, I'm geeking out over the chance of possible seeing some filming of one of my favorite shows. We received notice of filming for this weekend that we had to approve. They didn't say what it's for, but I'm assuming its for The Killing (great show on AMC)..... Could be a movie though. ..... At this stage I'm so bored that I'm up for anything.

I'm sorry to hear that everyone is feeling so uncomfortable ...no fun!

MormonMama......sorry they stopped in the night :( boooo

Rebecca- Yes! Thirsty and obsessed with ice chips! G2 is my go to drink. Happy Birthday tomorrow!!! If you OB doesn't think you'll make it to 40 weeks why is induction being offered? Not judging, just honestly curious as a FTM. I'm assuming for medical reasons?

Laser- feel better, you're almost there!

Lady- congrats on the good news!

Hey Ehg & Jess! Hope you're doing well.
  • RBXChas
    Options

Sounds like good progress! With your past history (delivering at 38 weeks & change) seems like you're on track to repeat! Happy early Birthday and keep us posted!

Thank you! I meant to mention that my OB was, um, rather thorough when she examined me, to the point where I said, "Ok, this is getting uncomfortable, and you're also making me want to pee on you!" She's good like that, so I know she wasn't offended (she laughed and got herself out from in there). When I got home and went to the bathroom, there was a bit of blood - like a bit of spotting - but that wasn't surprising given how much she was messing around with me. Then late last night and first thing this morning I had a bit of mucus with some old blood, but the blood wasn't in the mucus. I just went to the bathroom again a few minutes ago and definitely lost a decent chunk of mucus plug. No doubt that's what it was, too.

I told my husband, though he knows that means things could be imminent but maybe not, however last time I lost it and went into labor that night (oddly enough the day after my OB appointment). I am also telling my sister to put her on notice so that if she has to pick up our son this afternoon and/or handle him overnight, she can. Assuming nothing happens between then and now, I'm considering going home early and letting my husband pick up my son so that I can kind of pack a hospital bag and get a small bag together for my son so that my sister will have what she needs for him (diapers, clothes, etc.). Her younger son is only 6 months older than he is, so she has most things, but I want to be sure she's covered. I also have laundry waiting in the dryer that needs to be tossed around for a bit and folded so that there are clean clothes put away in the house! Let's just say that my husband is not the greatest at folding laundry, which is why I handle my and our son's clothes, and he handles his (he'll just let clean clothes sit in a pile until he decides to wear them).

I had a dream last night that I went into labor today and was like, "That's cool because then we can share a birthday." Tomorrow would be fine, and my dad would be thrilled to see Sunday so that we have our little birthday sequence. I asked my OB who was on call on Sunday, and it's another OB that I really like from the practice, so that would be fine. (It's not the one man who is, ahem, rather attractive - he looks just like Dr. Christian Shepherd from Lost.)

Anyway, no other symptoms (though I have butterflies in my stomach, so my stomach feels funny) other than my mucus plug, but that could mean a lot like it did last time or nothing at all. I have towels on my bed, just in case :wink: