10/1 start

Replies

• cherryrobot
    cherryrobot Posts: 64 Member
    Well week 1 is complete. Today is my weigh in day and I lost 1 pound last week. I was hoping for more... I felt like I really worked hard and didn't cheat at all on the 1200 calorie plan... boo!
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Alright, I started JMBR this morning, after finishing up 30 Day Shred last week. Results from 30 Day Shred were 3 lbs and 9.25 inches lost, so I'm excited to see what happens in another 90 days with Jillian.

I thought Workout 1 was almost easy, but that's probably because I just spent 30 days with Jillian! I've watched W2 and C1, so at least I know what's to come for the first two weeks.

Starting Info:
    Weight: 193.6
    Waist at Belly Button: 40.5
    Natural Waist: 35
    Bust at Fullest: 40.5
    Bust at Bra strap: 34.5
    Hips: 44
    Gut: 41.5
    Bicep: 13
  • katellanova
    katellanova Posts: 204 Member
    W2D1 complete! Looking forward to moving on to the more challenging workouts!
  • KMJ1686
    KMJ1686 Posts: 106 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm a week behind all of you, wanted to start on 10/1 but just didn't happen. I did workout 1 yesterday and some parts were a little challenging for me, but I kept going. I for one do not like working out so having them for 30 minutes each day is perfect! I'm not in the best shape either but I always think if the people on BL can do this so can I! I am a little sore, not as bad as I thought I would be though. 89 days to go :) Keep up the great work everyone!
  • HeatherMN
    Hi everyone! I'm a week behind all of you, wanted to start on 10/1 but just didn't happen. I did workout 1 yesterday and some parts were a little challenging for me, but I kept going. I for one do not like working out so having them for 30 minutes each day is perfect! I'm not in the best shape either but I always think if the people on BL can do this so can I! I am a little sore, not as bad as I thought I would be though. 89 days to go :) Keep up the great work everyone!

I started yesterday, 10/08 as well, so you're not behind me! Like you, I love that the workouts are around 30 minutes so I can fit it into my day pretty easily.

Day 2 (W2) done this morning. It felt pretty easy, but the glute thrusts (bridge in some circles) got to be a little much. Cardio day tomorrow!
  • katellanova
    Week 2 workout 2 done! Thinking about throwing in cardio later.
  • KMJ1686

I started yesterday, 10/08 as well, so you're not behind me! Like you, I love that the workouts are around 30 minutes so I can fit it into my day pretty easily.

Day 2 (W2) done this morning. It felt pretty easy, but the glute thrusts (bridge in some circles) got to be a little much. Cardio day tomorrow!

Glad to see someone else started yesterday as well! I'd like to add, I am not doing the meal plan nor did I do the 7 day quickstart. I am a very picky eater and half the ingredients I do not eat! :noway: I am following the 1200 calorie diet though and so far so good on it. I do not eat my calories that I've burned. Update on the soreness--yes that has caught up to me throughout the day and right now I am feeling it everywhere! :ohwell: I will be home from work soon and jump right into todays workout!
  • HeatherMN
    [/quote]
    Glad to see someone else started yesterday as well! I'd like to add, I am not doing the meal plan nor did I do the 7 day quickstart. I am a very picky eater and half the ingredients I do not eat! :noway: I am following the 1200 calorie diet though and so far so good on it. I do not eat my calories that I've burned. Update on the soreness--yes that has caught up to me throughout the day and right now I am feeling it everywhere! :ohwell: I will be home from work soon and jump right into todays workout!
    [/quote]

^^Not sure if you read back on the thread, but I'm not doing the meal plan or the 7 day jump start, either. Nor am I following at 1200 calorie diet because I've learned that calorie level does me no good. I need to eat more in order to lose anything!

As for soreness, I'm feeling it in my armpits. Is that weird? I think it's from the chest flies.
  • KMJ1686
    I will be away this weekend camping for a family event, so I won't have the chance to do my Friday and Saturday workouts. I decided to double up twice this week just so I still get all my workouts in. I did workout 2 and Cardio yesterday and cardio just about kicked my butt! I got through the whole workout but I had to stop a few times. I'll be doing workout 1 and cardio today and just workout 2 tomorrow. I have to say after doing Cardio yesterday, workout 1 & 2 are "easy" lol
  • HeatherMN
    Did C1 today and thought it was pretty easy! The worst part was the third set of suicides and only because my legs were tired; my hamstrings are screaming at me from yesterday's deadlifts!

I'll admit, I was kind of dreading the cardio today because everyone seems to hate it, but really there was no reason to worry!

I'm thinking that I will probably change Saturday's cardio to an outdoors run if it's nice, just because the number of semi-warm days are coming to an end here in Minnesota! Gotta take advantage of it while I can! Plus, I think it will keep me from getting bored with Cardio 1 over the next few weeks.
  • HeatherMN
    Day 4 (P1W1) is done! I am SORE today...everywhere. If this program doesn't get me good results, I have a feeling nothing will!

How's everyone else doing?
  • KMJ1686
    Day 4 (P1W1) is done! I am SORE today...everywhere. If this program doesn't get me good results, I have a feeling nothing will!

How's everyone else doing?

I have doubled up on the workouts the last 2 days due to the fact I will be away this weekend. I am really feeling it! I do Zumba twice a week (today being one of those days) With doing cardio 2 days in a row--the muscle below my calf is so sore and I might not be able to do Zumba that well tonight lol I'll be doing workout 2 later this afternoon...I am looking forward to my next 3 days off :bigsmile: I agree with you that if this program doesn't give me good results, I have a feeling nothing will :ohwell: --it may only be 30 minutes a day, but you really get a workout within those 30 minutes!
  • HeatherMN
    Day 5 (P1W2) done!

Amazingly, running last night actually helped my hamstrings instead of making them worse. I was tired this morning, but made it through and am very much looking forward to my rest day on Sunday!
  • cherryrobot
    Cardio day tomorrow will end Phase 1 for me. Week one was hard, but week two I added weights when she made poor Omar do it... still cant do the jumping squat.. but I like challenging myself.

I really hate cardio. I know I need to get over it.
  • HeatherMN
    I don't mind cardio (runner, here!) but I HATE plyo moves. I'll need to work past that hurdle and the fact that my balance isn't nearly as good in the morning as it is in the evening, but mornings are when exercise fits best into my schedule.
  • katellanova
    Weeks 1&2 are over! That was fast!
  • ktno1
    ktno1 Posts: 297 Member
    I just did workout 3 and I spent most of it gaping at the screen thinking "You want me to do WHAT?"

I still feel like I had a good go at it and probably did 80% of it quite well, but some of those yoga poses I am simply not flexible enough to do!

Definitely a much better workout for me than workouts 1 and 2, I actually thought I might die!
  • HeatherMN
    I slacked off of doing my cardio on Saturday, but considering a few days during the week were double workout days (JMBR + additional cardio), I'm not going to be too hard on myself about it.

I didn't get up to do my JMBR this morning because it was too comfy snuggling with my fiance this morning. So, I'll do it tonight, along with other cardio (raking leaves, running on treadmill AND jumping jacks for an MFP challenge I'm doing). I should be good and tired tonight so I can get to sleep early and get back on track with the 5am workouts for the rest of the week.
  • cherryrobot
    Starting Phase 2 today. I have lost 1 pound so far, pretty disappointing for me but I know that I need to step up the diet aspect. I eat 1200 a day but have been going over how much sugar I should have each day. I will need to work on that this week.
  • katellanova
    Not feeling well today. Decided to push through workout 3 anyway. I think I might have died.