10/1 start

Replies

• HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    W3 done last night AND a 3 mile run. Woot Woot!

Anyone else notice their knees looking different from this program? Where my knees used to be puffy with fat before, they're now wrinkly. So weird.

I'm looking forward to taking measurements at the end of next week, though!
  • katellanova
    katellanova Posts: 204 Member
    W5 done for the second time.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Hey all! I started on 10/17. This is week three for me. Whoa we're W3 & 4 harder than 1&2! I actually cried for a second on W4. Today I could hardly lift my arms to wash my hair.

There were several moves I couldn't do. The whole plank to forearms and back, the standing to knees to standing... Do you just modify as best you can? On the plus side apparently I have awesome balance and have no trouble with any of those flamingoey moves so that's encouraging. :bigsmile:

I'm really scared for W5 & 6 if 3 & 4 are kicking my rear this hard!
  • HeatherMN
    For the plank to forearms, modify by going to your knees; this is the modification she gives for this move in 30DS.

For standing to knees to standing...there isn't really a modification. Just work at your own pace and forget the weights if you need to. This one is KILLER!

Completed W4 for the second time tonight.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Thank you Heather! I'll give that a try.

Did anyone else find that cardio 1 suddenly became really hard after W3 and W4? It used to be "easy" but I felt like a big noodle doing it tonight. One step forward two steps back. Ah, well, onward!
  • katellanova
    Workout 6 circuit 4.. those lateral raises with the situps. I must be a wennie because I cant do this with heavy weights like she wants
  • HeatherMN
    Completed week three on Friday and took the weekend for rest. Wow, my glutes were SORE!

Week four starts tomorrow!!
  • katellanova
    1 more time to go with w5!
  • ktno1
    ktno1 Posts: 297 Member
    1 more time to go with w5!

I am SO happy about this!
  • KMJ1686
    KMJ1686 Posts: 106 Member
    I started week 4 yesterday and I am so scared for week 5! Lol. I haven't been perfect with my eatting and it has shown on the scale :ohwell: I got back on track yesterday, but I went to Target to find new pants because I realized I don't have as many as I thought I did. I grabbed a bunch that were my size, only to try them on and they didn't fit! So I went back grabbed the size down from that and they fit but in the thigh area they were to big :bigsmile: So I decided to grab the size down- tried those on- snug but I was able to zip them up! I bought those and now that is my next goal to fit into them. Depending on the brand and sizes so far I've dropped between 2 and 3 pant sizes! So even though the scale hasn't been my friend within the last week, going to the store really made me happy to know that the DVD's are really truly working and now I will work twice as hard! :happy: :happy:
  • HeatherMN
    I wasn't able to get motivated to exercise last night. I've pretty much given up on 5am workouts because it's just too dark and miserable in the morning. Typically I prefer exercising at night, but Mondays are so hard, since I'm at the barn right after work and then it's the one night I watch television (literally, for a total of two hours a week!).

So, I'm considering changing my workout schedule to be Tues-Sat and take Sun-Mon off. At least for now. This means I start Week 4 tonight.
  • HeatherMN
    W3 done last night. Looking forward to being done with Phase 1 in a few days!
  • HeatherMN
    W4 done last night.

Today, I'm subbing my weekly 3 mile run with my running group for the cardio today.
  • katellanova
    W6... 1more time each
  • HeatherMN
    Had a fantastic run last night. I'm taking today off to rest my legs for my 5k race tomorrow morning and will be back at JMBR on either Saturday evening or Sunday morning.

Need to keep plugging away since my TurboFire arrived last night and will likely be my next program!
  • HeatherMN
    Did JMBR W3 after my 5k on Saturday morning. Man, were my legs tired when I got done!

Took yesterday off as a rest day, but tonight is my last day of Phase 1! I'll be taking measurements either tonight or tomorrow morning.

How's everyone else doing?
  • Can I just ask you "sophomores" how you're finding coming to the end of Phase 1? Have you noticed a difference? I'm still in the middle of weeks 1 & 2 and just being an eager beaver! Thanks!
  • HeatherMN
    Mostly, the differences I'm noticing are in my performance and endurance. I can actually visibly see changes in my hamstring, bicep and stomach. But, the numbers will tell me more when I do my measurements later today or tomorrow.

I am not, however, seeing any changes on the scale.
  • katellanova
    Workout 7 in the books!!
  • ktno1
    ktno1 Posts: 297 Member
    Can I just ask you "sophomores" how you're finding coming to the end of Phase 1? Have you noticed a difference? I'm still in the middle of weeks 1 & 2 and just being an eager beaver! Thanks!

I'm noticing more of a change in my strength/endurance/general fitness rather than my physique. Having said that, my eating hasn't been great. It's only in the last 2 weeks that I've been sticking to my calorie goals and the inches are starting to come off already.

If you're sticking to your meal plans and keeping up with the workouts, I think during phase 2 is when you'll start to notice some big changes.