Rosy, those cheeks!
  • igottaworkout
    igottaworkout Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Aww, what a little sweetie Rosy!!
  • igottaworkout
    Options
    Zombie Slayer, what a cute little baby you have too!!! Love the pictures!
  • ZombieSlayer
    ZombieSlayer Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I was going to update my weight today, so weighed myself getting out of bed... Bug needed to eat right away so got that taken care of... out of curiosity I stepped back on the scale.

She apparently ate a pound worth of milk. :laugh:
  • igottaworkout
    Options
    I was going to update my weight today, so weighed myself getting out of bed... Bug needed to eat right away so got that taken care of... out of curiosity I stepped back on the scale.

She apparently ate a pound worth of milk. :laugh:

Whoa, I didn't know that was possible!! :)
  • Amandajp79
    Amandajp79 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Baby Rylan Scott here! Thank you Supermoon! I started having very irregular contractions around 4pm while in the movies watching Man of Steel (lol). Got home and just kept an eye on them. Tried walking, too much pain, tried laying too much pain etc etc etc. Just got stronger but not leveled out. Called my doc and the doc on call told me to call back when they were 5mins apart for 1 hour. Ummmm No. I left for the hospital about 10 minutes after talking to him. Arrived at the hospital at 9:45pm at 2cm but contractions 3-4mins apart. They kept me because of the pain and babys heart beat was dipping when I contracted but not bad, just enough to keep an eye on. I FINALLY got my epidural at 1am after being in tears from pain and moved into a delivery room. I was progressing very slowly but I was progressing. 2cm - 3cm - 4cm by about 4am then we all just chilled, tried to sleep. Next check I was at 7cm then progressed the rest every hour. My doctor wanted me to labor down and have the baby do the work so we did. My water had still not broken so hey why not. Finally started pushing around 12:45pm on Monday afternoon. At 2:29pm Rylan Scott Bosley-Smith was brought into this world at 8lbs 8oz and 22inches long! He is beautiful and perfect and all of the immense pain (I felt just about everything, even puked it was so bad) just melted away. My life had been changed forever and I was in heaven. He was immediately put skin to skin and stayed there for my one hour repair. Fourth degree tears. My family was going crazy trying to get in the room but I was so happy to have our bonding time. Daddy had even watched the entire thing which neither of us expected but he just grabbed a leg and got in the action. We were released yesterday and are getting comfortable at home. I am in love and my life will never be the same. I fell in love on Monday afternoon. :love:
  • igottaworkout
    Options
    What a beautiful story! I hope you heal well from those tears, it sounds like you suffered a lot :( I'm sure you love to look at your new baby though, it's so wonderful to finally see what has been growing for such a long time :) Take care and have a good rest!!
    Baby Rylan Scott here! Thank you Supermoon! I started having very irregular contractions around 4pm while in the movies watching Man of Steel (lol). Got home and just kept an eye on them. Tried walking, too much pain, tried laying too much pain etc etc etc. Just got stronger but not leveled out. Called my doc and the doc on call told me to call back when they were 5mins apart for 1 hour. Ummmm No. I left for the hospital about 10 minutes after talking to him. Arrived at the hospital at 9:45pm at 2cm but contractions 3-4mins apart. They kept me because of the pain and babys heart beat was dipping when I contracted but not bad, just enough to keep an eye on. I FINALLY got my epidural at 1am after being in tears from pain and moved into a delivery room. I was progressing very slowly but I was progressing. 2cm - 3cm - 4cm by about 4am then we all just chilled, tried to sleep. Next check I was at 7cm then progressed the rest every hour. My doctor wanted me to labor down and have the baby do the work so we did. My water had still not broken so hey why not. Finally started pushing around 12:45pm on Monday afternoon. At 2:29pm Rylan Scott Bosley-Smith was brought into this world at 8lbs 8oz and 22inches long! He is beautiful and perfect and all of the immense pain (I felt just about everything, even puked it was so bad) just melted away. My life had been changed forever and I was in heaven. He was immediately put skin to skin and stayed there for my one hour repair. Fourth degree tears. My family was going crazy trying to get in the room but I was so happy to have our bonding time. Daddy had even watched the entire thing which neither of us expected but he just grabbed a leg and got in the action. We were released yesterday and are getting comfortable at home. I am in love and my life will never be the same. I fell in love on Monday afternoon. :love:
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Well my little big guy has arrived - Ethan Gilbert - went to 40 weeks 3 days and was born at 12:17 am on June 28 - 9.0 lbs 21" with a 14.5" head. The birth went great, my fastest ever (third baby) and in the water just like I wanted. I'm down 14 lbs from the birth LOL but will have a lot of work ahead of me after my babymoon/recovery.
  • Amandajp79
    Options
    That is great CM!! Congrats on your little one. So happy it went the way you wanted!

I'm down 23.2lbs at one week PP. What are you other June Mommas experiencing?
  • rosy003
    rosy003 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Congrats everyone! We made it!

I weigh in again on Thursday but I'm not expecting much change. I can't stop eating! I lost 16 of the 25 I gained by 1 week pp. I hold on to 5-10 lbs while nursing ( at least I did with my first 2 kids). I'm eating like a linebacker and I've been over my mfp calorie goal pretty much every day. I'm set right now to lose 1/2 lb per week but I add in the 500 calories for ebf. I will be shocked if I've lost any more weight by Thursday. I really want to start working out more but I know I'm not ready. My back is starting to hurt from what little exercise I have been doing. I know it isn't a race and that I will eventually be back to my old self, but it feels soooo slow.
    Benny was an excellent baby for the first 10 days, but he last 2 nights were brutal! He was awake and eating every hour! I know growth spurts are normal, but I am TIRED. I had forgotten what it feels like to be this sleep deprived. :) My husband goes back to work on Monday and I'm really nervous to be on my own with 3 kids.
  • ZombieSlayer
    Options
    I'm down 23.2lbs at one week PP. What are you other June Mommas experiencing?

I'm down 19 from highest pregnancy weight, down 9 from discharge weight. But I'd gained 58.

With my first I didn't lose any weight until I weaned. I was an Exclusive Pumper and found that even the smallest calorie restriction caused my supply to drop... so this time, I'm just set at losing 1/4 pound per week (including breastfeeding calories) and am not counting on losing anything for a year. If I do, bonus.

I am, however, SO looking forward to being able to lift again. I miss my barbell. :happy:
  • Amandajp79
    Options
    How are the June babies and mommas doing? Rylan is now 12 days old!!!! These almost two weeks have flown by! My hubby went back to work this past Monday but is 'in town' so he's only a hour drive away and only went in Monday - Wednesday. This week he'll do Mon- Fri then in two weeks be back out of town Mon-Thurs PM. I'm kinda scared for him to be gone and me to be on my own for the week.

Rylan has been a wonderful baby. He has his 'good' days and more 'difficult' days where he is fussy. He sleeps pretty well. I am EBF and having to use a breast shield due to his poor latching. I'm working on weaning that every day now but he still needs it. No rush as my supply is great and he is gaining. We have his 2 week check up on Monday which will be our first outing just the two of us. I don't know why this is so scary! I guess being a FTM and kinda unsure of myself but we can do it!!!

I am still healing and in a lot of pain. 4th degree tears are no joke! Ughhhhhh Totally worth it but this would be a whole lot easier if I wasn't in pain and so uncomfortable.

Hopefully we can keep our board going and everyone will check in every now and then. Good luck Mommas!!
  • Amandajp79
    Options
    Maybe I'll keep this as my journal ;P LOL

We had our 2 week check up he gained over a lbs and grew 1/2 an inch! LOVE LOVE LOVE. He's a really good baby and is attached to me almost 24/7 which is good and what I want :D He eats like a champ. Growing every day and I know it will fly by in front of my eyes. I cherish every moment with him and I understand how lucky I am to not have to go back to work. Thanks Daddy!

I am really excited to start working out again. Wish I could speed the healing process. Over two weeks and my stitches still hurt. Sneezing is the worst! Ugh. I'm 7lbs from my prepregnancy weight and I really wanna lose 20 more on top of that. All in due time. I'm EBF so I need to keep my calories up. I hope all the June Mommas are doing well with their new bundles.
  • rosy003
    rosy003 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda, I'm still here. :). So glad you guys are doing well! Sorry about your stitches. :/. No fun.
    We're doing pretty well here. Benny seems to have been born knowing night from day and I'm VERY thankful for that! My older two are quite taken with him, which is also good. I am now 9 lbs away after gaining a pound this week. Oh well. I am getting my shape back though, so I'm cutting myself some slack. I took a 3 week pp pic this morning- if I were brave I'd take one from the front to show the awful loose ski that's left. But, I don't really want a record of that, lol.
    33f98bd3-a6a8-4020-a007-d8612187dca6_zpsb8a86401.jpg
  • Amandajp79
    Options
    Rosy you look fantastic!!!!!! So jealous of that get mid section! I have a small baby bump but def getting my shape back too. I
    seem torn between wanting to cut my calories and eating plenty because I'm EBF. I'm not being hard on myself though. I do plan on walking the dogs tomorrow so thats better then sitting on my butt!!!!!!!!! Glad you are doing well and that is awesome that baby boy knows his night from day. Mine is up every 2/3 hrs for feeding but I try to keep it as quiet as possible at night time so he goes right back to sleep. :flowerforyou:
  • ZombieSlayer
    Options
    I've been sitting on the sofa nursing all day, every day, for a month so haven't been on the computer much.

Rosy, you look sinfully awesome for 3 weeks pp... heck... for anything.

Siannon is growing like a weed. She'd gained back her 10% loss post-birth and then some by two weeks. Her next appointment isn't until her 2 month mark... but I'll probably have her with me at my 6 week appointment, maybe I'll get her weighed then. :happy:
  • ZombieSlayer
    Options
    Oh... and picamatures! :laugh:

They're big so... just a link - http://smg.photobucket.com/user/baisleac/library/Two_Little_Monkeys/Siannon_Newborn_shoot-3weeks
  • igottaworkout
    Options
    Aww, what cute baby pictures ZombieSlayer! I love the last two best with the flowers.. your baby is soo sweet!!
  • ZombieSlayer
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ZombieSlayer/view/post-pregnancy-clothing-557852

So... as any woman who has given birth knows, our bodies don't "snap back" to prepregnancy stats immediately. Well... about a year or so ago, I'd gotten rid of all of my "fat" clothes because they were just wasting space.

Now that whole post-pregnancy body comes into play... along with "excessive maternal weight gain" (doctor lingo).

For my month of maternity leave, I lived in maternity shorts, stretchy leggings, and nursing tanks.

But then I had to go back to work...

I take myself off to Goodwill where I can buy cheap, intermediary clothes that I won't feel bad about getting rid of in a month or so. Picked me up three pair of jeans (selection is iffy, after all); one that fit perfectly, one that was a little big but would work while the other pair was in laundry, and a pair that was a little small but would fit soon.

Now... I didn't really lose weight with my first child until after I'd stopped lactating, so I'm not expecting really fast results here.

However... one week after I bought those jeans...

I've never worn the "slightly too big" jeans.
    The "fit perfectly" jeans are now too big.
    I'm wearing the "a little small but would fit soon" jeans today.

"Soon" was supposed to be in a month or so, not a week later!

Back to Goodwill with my bad self!

The "OMG! too big" shirts I bought still won't button over my boobs, but that's one that definitely won't resolve itself for a while.
  • Amandajp79
    Options
    Zombieslayer, I totally feel you. Good luck with your GW search I did drop all my prego weight by week 3. 29 lbs. Just came off. I wasn't even doing my daily walk or anything. I WAS however eating A LOT of veggies and fruit due to my 4th degree tear and the fear of Poop. I know, I know, TMI, But Hey! Thats what we are all here for right?

Just had Rylan at his one month check up (I can't believe its been a month!!!) and he is now 10lbs 11oz and 22 1/2 long! Big thing. He got his Hep B 2nd shot and screamed like a mad man, tears and all :( Other then that she said he looked great and that she was really happy with his weight gain. :D

I am EBF an I am getting soooooooooo annoyed with ppl asking why I don't pump. Like it is the most insane thing they have ever heard of! Sooooooooo annoying. I am a SAHM. This is my first child. Why pump when I don't need to? Thats what I say. To each their own. This is my choice and it works for me. So shutty stupid people. Ughhhh. Anyways...

I am healing STILL. I have started walking again and doing steps. I am going to continue to hold off on doing any 'workout videos' till after my 6 week check up. I'll be sure to check in with you ladies! I hope everyone is doing well with their little June Bugs. xoxo