Progress

Options
YoungDoc2B
YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
We can all use this thread to check-in and update each other on where we are in the challenge.

Today: Completed Week 1, Day 2, Level 3.

The first 4 sets were pretty easy, but once I got to the 10th pushup in the last set (12 total), my arms were worn out and I struggled pretty badly with the 11th and 12th rep. However, I slowed down my pace and pushed through it successfully. I also enjoyed the extended rest periods between sets (day 1 was only 60 seconds, day 2 was 90). Thinking about doing Week 1 Day 3 tomorrow, so that once monday comes, I will be ready to start week 2 of the program. How's everyone else doing so far?

Replies

• phillips529
    phillips529 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Today: Completed W1 D2 L1

I completed 33 broken down into 4 sets with a 30 sec rest in between. The great part is that my form is improving and I'm going deeper. I also completed the pull up section and completed 3 with a 30 sec rest in between.
  • alaliberte
    Options
    Alright--here we go!

10 this morning and 10 during my conference call...ha ha ha!

total to date=20
  • alaliberte
    Options
    Today: Completed W1 D2 L1

I completed 33 broken down into 4 sets with a 30 sec rest in between. The great part is that my form is improving and I'm going deeper. I also completed the pull up section and completed 3 with a 30 sec rest in between.

Sweet!!
  • YoungDoc2B
    Options
    Alright--here we go!

total to date=20

Lol nice way to make use of that downtime!
  • phillips529
    Options
    Alright--here we go!

total to date=20

Nice work...getting it in no matter what....
  • alaliberte
    Options
    10 more just because I have some time...

Total=30
  • alaliberte
    Options
    It just occured to me that you are following a plan...no plan here, just trying to do 100 "yogic" pushups as quickly as possible (2-3 days).

a yogic pushup=lie on stomach and place hands under shoulders--elbows back--not out to sides. I think the elbow position is the major difference, I'm lowering to about 2 or 3 inches from the floor with my chest--not my face. if you know a little about yoga its the "chaturanga" position I'm lowering into.

So, I'm not even sure if I'm doing the challenge correctly, but, hey--I'm having FUN!

Have a great weekend everyone.
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Level 1.
    Max push ups 9 with good form
    Total pushups 18

Worked chest the most. Made me smile doing this.
  • phillips529
    Options
    It just occured to me that you are following a plan...no plan here, just trying to do 100 "yogic" pushups as quickly as possible (2-3 days).

a yogic pushup=lie on stomach and place hands under shoulders--elbows back--not out to sides. I think the elbow position is the major difference, I'm lowering to about 2 or 3 inches from the floor with my chest--not my face. if you know a little about yoga its the "chaturanga" position I'm lowering into.

So, I'm not even sure if I'm doing the challenge correctly, but, hey--I'm having FUN!

If your interested you can take a look at this website...

http://hundredpushups.com/

or you can download the app to your android phone for free. But regardless...your on fire...
  • alaliberte
    Options
    just completed 10 more (plan to do 30 today in sets of 10)...after a weekend of not doing one! They are certainly getting easier...I might have to add in a pushup twist like on fingertips or lifting one leg or something. Nice work everyone!!

Total=40
  • alaliberte
    Options
    Philips529 thanks for putting me on the right track! I looked up the website you listed and boy, this is not at all what I thought this challenge was about. But, now that I know, I'm up for the challenge!

I did my initial test and was humbled to say the least in rank 3! ug. Then I did 20 squats just to feel better, then was humbled by doing only 20. Oh well, I've got to start somewhere. :)

Total pushups to date=56 and starting the program...at week 1, day 1, rank 3
  • CJisinShape
    Options
    Week 1 Day 2: 23 military style pushups. Last session, 18, initial test, 5. Didn't get the chest pump, but felt my lower abs working hard.
  • CJisinShape
    Options
    Week 1 Day 2: 23 military style pushups. Last session, 18, initial test, 5. Didn't get the chest pump, but felt my lower abs working hard.
  • alaliberte
    Options
    week 1, day 1, rank 3- finished with 12 pushups at the end. Arms and abs burning!

total pushups today=52
  • alaliberte
    Options

If your interested you can take a look at this website...

http://hundredpushups.com/

or you can download the app to your android phone for free. But regardless...your on fire...

Thanks, I've never done a challenge like this before and I like it!
  • phillips529
    Options
    Philips529 thanks for putting me on the right track! I looked up the website you listed and boy, this is not at all what I thought this challenge was about. But, now that I know, I'm up for the challenge!

I did my initial test and was humbled to say the least in rank 3! ug. Then I did 20 squats just to feel better, then was humbled by doing only 20. Oh well, I've got to start somewhere. :)

Total pushups to date=56 and starting the program...at week 1, day 1, rank 3

That's impressive...level 3 is pretty cool to me...Some of us..myself included are working our way to level 2...
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Week 1 day 1 complete: 6,6,4,4,15 - 60 seconds
  • YoungDoc2B
    Options
    Week 1 day 1 complete: 6,6,4,4,15 - 60 seconds

How are you feeling so far?
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Feeling good so far. Towards the end of the last 15 my arms were starting to get a little tired but not too bad. I noticed I'm able to go a lot lower than the last time I tried going through this program, so that felt great.
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I should have been doing week 4 day 1 today ..... however with a week off for a pain in my wrist it set me back .... I started doing W4D1 column 3 for set 1-3 but on set 4 I reverted back to week 3 .... and in set 5 (min 20) I maxed at 24

My page is here :)
    http://www.pushupslogger.com/plog/show_user/209731