Progress

Options

Replies

• jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I missed yesterday so I did week 1 day 3 level 2 now. 8,10,7,7,10 - 120 seconds. I bought some push up stands yesterday and tried them out for the first time today. My shoulders would hurt doing push ups before and these seemed to fix that completely but wow they make a huge difference when you can drop even lower. By the final set my arms were shaking like crazy.
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Ive decided to get better at the military push ups by doing sets one day on one day off ...

Ill try and get myself to the point that I'm able to do 11 or more in a row so that I can start the push up challenge in WK 1 column 2 or preferably column 3. I feel happier with a buffer as I can drop a column if I struggle :)

on a MASSIVE plus side I can see the start of lady muscles :D:D:D
  • alaliberte
    Options
    Just finished week 2, day 1, rank 3-for a total of 6 sets and 75 pushups.

The last 15 were really hard.
  • jmc0806
    Options
    Just finished week 2 day 1 level 2 9.11,8,8,11 - 60 seconds. It was a struggle but I did it
  • alaliberte
    Options
    Finished Week 2, day 2, rank 3 for a total of 56 today. My last set I did 18 (!) but my arms were like rubber afterwards.
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Week 2 day 1 - 38 military style.
  • alaliberte
    Options
    Finished Week 2, day 2, rank 3 for a total of 56 today. My last set I did 18 (!) but my arms were like rubber afterwards.

I'm quoting myself because I made a mistake yesterday. I did the level 2 set instead of level 3...I wondered why I was able to do these with no trouble until the last set. Duh. I will continue with level 3 tomorrow and make up for missing pushups.
  • jmc0806
    Options
    Just finished week 2 day 2 level 2 - 10,12,9,9,13 - 90 seconds. I had to take a quick break after 8 in the final set but only about 15 seconds
  • alaliberte
    Options
    week 2 day 3 level 3 for a total of 81 pushups. Felt like my form was going to **** after about 17 in the last set of 20. Arms are spent.

This may sound weird but I feel like I'm even working my backside by doing these??? I've never correlated pushups with a butt workout...it's great!
  • CJisinShape
    Options
    Week 2 day 2 - 44 military style, although the last set of 25 I had pauses to take a breath. Abs were trembling. Small of my back aching.
  • alaliberte
    Options
    Week 2 day 2 - 44 military style, although the last set of 25 I had pauses to take a breath. Abs were trembling. Small of my back aching.
    I notice my lower back aches with the effort...neck too. Nice work!
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Got kind of behind in the program these last couple days, so hopefully going to start week 3 today
  • fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I'm up to 15 regular pushups and the rest are on my knees. Hopefully I'll be all regular by the end of the competition.
  • CJisinShape
    Options
    15 regular pushups! Congratulations! Isn't it amazing how much stronger you're getting?! Congrats again. Great job.
  • jmc0806
    Options
    Completed week 2 day 3 level 2- 12,13,10,10,15 the 120 seconds made a huge difference, so I didn't have to stop during the last set
  • biglew909
    biglew909 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Exhaustion test today: 24 military pushups...I think I could have done more. On to week 4!
  • CJisinShape
    Options
    Week 2, day 3 5,7,5,5,28, for a total of 50. Paused for breath during the last set.
  • biglew909
    biglew909 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Week 4 day 1: 12, 14, 11,10 and a final set of 7 (all military style), although the goal was 16. So, I'll redo this set again until I reach 16 or better.
  • alaliberte
    Options
    I got behind on my pushups so I re-tested myself and I did 18 to (pretty much) exhaustion. Back to week 1, day 1, level 3 I Go!

18,10,12,7,7, and 15 for a total of 69 today.
  • phillips529
    phillips529 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I got behind on my pushups so I re-tested myself and I did 18 to (pretty much) exhaustion. Back to week 1, day 1, level 3 I Go!

18,10,12,7,7, and 15 for a total of 69 today.

I'm right there with you! I have to start over because I feel ill two weeks ago. It's not until now I can get back to working out! I'll be doing my retest in the morning and I'm back at it! But from what I can remember you improved a great deal...WTG