I am a tramp.

Options
12346»

Replies

• catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I think that we this discussion should be taken elsewhere so I don't have to look at me calling myself a tramp every day! lol

I don't think that Diana was imposing a double standard on her guy. I think she just changed her mind. Which .. one is allowed to do. Its not like after she decided to throw caution to the wind that she was still holding her front runner to the exclusive rule while letting someone else go further.

But you are a tramp!!!! Just kidding - you are NOT even close to being a tramp. Love you girlie!!!
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    I think that we this discussion should be taken elsewhere so I don't have to look at me calling myself a tramp every day! lol

I don't think that Diana was imposing a double standard on her guy. I think she just changed her mind. Which .. one is allowed to do. Its not like after she decided to throw caution to the wind that she was still holding her front runner to the exclusive rule while letting someone else go further.

But you are a tramp!!!! Just kidding - you are NOT even close to being a tramp. Love you girlie!!!

Well I know I am .. but I don't want to be reminded every day!!!! hahahahahahaah! Love you!!!! :bigsmile:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Getting to the point, when a woman denies the man she really cares for sex, it's because she wants him to respect her, to take her serious. She doesn't wanna be punished by the double standard if she gives it up too soon (even if she really wants to). Whereas with a guy she's not serious about, she could care less what he thinks of her. So there's no double standard punishment. The double standard's irrelevant at that point.

I know it seem counter intuitive, but that's the reality. Of course exceptions do exist, but that's the general rule of thumb.

Oh, I'm sure he'd REALLY respect her if he found out she was shagging someone else!!! :noway:

And this is 'acceptable' in America is it??

Wow!!

I'd say it's blatantly dishonest!!! Who on earth is this 'moralistic' woman trying to kid??? Herself or the guy she's trying to 'impress'?? No wonder divorce rates are so high if you're entering into a relationship on that premise............Jeez!! :huh:

^ ^ This.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Oh, I'm sure he'd REALLY respect her if he found out she was shagging someone else!!! :noway:
    It has to do with person A telling person B that they're holding out, and person B respecting that, but person A is having sex with person C without person B being any the wiser, because person B is busy upholding the morality that person A has imposed on the relationship.
    That's the point. And you're perfectly right IF things are equal between men and women.
    Because what YOU forget is that it is still more acceptable for a man to sleep around than a woman.

I've seen many men here (excluding me!) saying that they wouldn't normally consider a girl with who they sleep on the first night a "serious relationship". Girls hear you!
    So similarly they won't sleep with a man they consider for a LTR on the first night (or a certain number of nights) if they want a serious relationship (because it would send the wrong signals, guys it's your fault so don't come and complain about it).

Case scenario:
    Imagine a guy who has a friend with benefit, shags her from time to time, say once a week on Friday but they are both aware of what they are.
    They guy meets a girl for a date on a Thursday, like her a lot, thinks he would like to date her.
    For another 3 weeks he shags his FWB, and from time to time dates the other girl (date girl) for a grand total of 4 times over the course of 3 weeks, at what point he realises that he actually likes the date girl and thinks positively about the "date girl" enough to focus on her (after 4 dates only, in 3 weeks so our man is rather "fast" if we're honest!).
    So he decides to stop seeing the girl FWB for sex, and instead starts having sex with date girl after having an exclusivity talk with her (they both agreed).

What's shocking in this story, you tell me. Now replace guy by girl (and the other way around too) and you'll see the point.

(question: should he stop seeing his FWB as soon as he meets the "date girl"? Because that's what you're implying with your point of view.)

^^^^^ This was me for some months. I had a couple of FWB that I would go out with and hang out. Once I started dating Mr NG in August when he came back from Vegas I stopped sleeping with them. While he and I are just dating both of us have stated we are not sleeping with anyone else and if we did it would point out were this relationship was going. Also he knew about my FWB when he first approached me and knew that I continued with them before we started dating seriously. Being the smart man he is he simply said that he was going to do all in his power to make me forget about my FWB lol
  • Mochab83
    Options
    Jenbit... Well said!
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    @Nat, Why can't all guys be a gentleman like you? :flowerforyou:

Hahaha. Guys make it so easy for other guys to look good.
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    I always assumed "casual dating" involved some beers & convo followed by the bumping of uglies :smokin: So why are you out looking for random loving if you have a casual date??

Another thing ladies... with a vagina comes a great responsibility.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

I almost choked on my sammich when I read this :laugh:
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options

I almost choked on my sammich when I read this :laugh:

I choked on my diet coke!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I always assumed "casual dating" involved some beers & convo followed by the bumping of uglies :smokin: So why are you out looking for random loving if you have a casual date??

:laugh: Very true Jim, very true! :bigsmile: But you know, penis's just dont make it easy for us!!! :love:
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options

Word.

Sigh.... Vagina's.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

Word.

Sigh.... Vagina's.

Bow before the mighty vagoo!
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    (question: should he stop seeing his FWB as soon as he meets the "date girl"? Because that's what you're implying with your point of view.)

Ill be honest here, I would say he should for sure. Maybe cause I'm older now, I think differently. *kitten* if you actually like someone keep your respective bits in your pants and go a long for the ride. If its just a fwb situation, who really cares if they get their nose out of joint. Then you can concentrate on the important person.
    [/quote]

:drinker: As far as I'm concerned, FWB physical relations should stop, or at least pause, as soon as you are aware that the person you are dating has the potential to be significant in your life. For some people, that's date 1, for others, it takes a bit more time. Immediate gratification is all well and good, but exercising a little self-control isn't actually going to kill you (we're all adults here, right?), and demonstrates what I would think of as the bare minimum of respect and consideration for the feelings of someone who may matter a great deal in the slightly-longer-than-right-now term. A few weeks, or even a couple of months, if that's how long it takes to decide whether someone's a longer-term prospect, isn't really going to derail a real FWB situation anyway. Besides - batteries, hands, imagination... all useful for relieving biological needs without the potential for hurt feelings/emotional complications.