Oct. 22 Mad Hatter Chatter

Options

Replies

• bisland
    bisland Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Old town hill had a nice view, but to be honest Po hill hear in my own town is better. Lets see if this works. It is from Old town hill looking towards the coast of NH and Maine. The first water you see is the Merrimac River. You actually see 3 states MA, NH and Maine
    IMG_2383.jpg

About to head out on another adventure. I got a 3 mile walk in this AM. Needed to go for some blood work, so walked to the health center. Today heading up along the coast of NH & perhaps a bit of Maine. John had hernia surgery last week, so unable to join me on these hikes. I am taking him to lunch & perhaps a short walk.
  • hairsprayhon
    hairsprayhon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Carol, just saying-- that while you are rocking this size 14 cords, I don't want those size 16 purple pants to go to waste in your closet! I promise I would give them a good home and it doesn't matter what shade of purple they are, I have purple tops in every shade. Including my new/old goal shirt. When beginning the process of cleaning out my closet, I found folded in the far reaches of the closet a shirt that I wore at least once a week from a junior in high school through college. It is a purple short sleeved henley with rows of darker purple giraffes. It is stretchy and I wore it all the time even though my weight in those years fluctuated forty pounds up and down. My goal is now 175 pounds which is the top of that fluctuation, which is in the normal weight range for my height but I then thought was much too big. So when I can wear that shirt I will know I am where I should be. I won't wear it outside, just in the house.
    TA--it is so obvious that you are a fabulous teacher, congrats for seeing some of the kids getting the message. And don't you love seeing the weight loss number over 50? That is also fabulous.
    Patrice, hang in the scale will move again. Good luck with the training.
    We had a potluck at lunch yesterday. Everyone outdoes themselves, bringing all kinds of fattening party foods. I forgot about it, when I got to the office and saw it, I walked to the store and bought a veggie tray and lots of fruit from the salad bar. I sat down directly next to the veggie tray and ate constantly so I wasn't tempted by the crab dip, the chicken pasta, the pies, the cookies, (ok I was tempted but I was too busy eating the celery.)
    Bisland-GREAT PIC, know it must have been a great hike. On Saturday, hubby has to stay home and wait for delivery of a chair for his mom, so this pic inspires me to find someone to hike with.
    Hatters, seize the day and make it healthy!
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

I hope all of you have a great day.

TA- Congrats on the testing. I know you must be excited to have them doing so much better.
    Bis- Enjoy your time off and the wonderful New England weather. The picture is awesome. Could I trouble you to give me a lesson in how to upload them? I looked and have read several posts about how to do it but I must be html illiterate…lol, I can’t get it right.
    HSH- Since I am right behind you in size send’em my way! I too have a shirt from back in the day and I am hoping to fit in it by the time I am through. That may take a little cosmetic surgery as my boobies are ginormous and it looks like they may never shrink
    Carol- Congrats on the size 14 straight leg cords….that is awesome. By chance are you a OUAT fan? Hehe
    Snoozie- The ice cream cake was awesome and Derek was impressed with her abilities. If Only, he knew all of the hilarity that went into making it.
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    @ harispray - sorry - can't give up the size 16s quite yet - only have a couple of size 14s.... :wink: :laugh:

@ tonya - what is a OUAT fan????
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Oh... I know, I know, Let me ,let me... as she eagerly raises her hand....Once Upon A Time fan.
  • tonyacoursey
    Options
    cbm-Once Upon A Time...a tv program on Sunday night about a fictional town in Maine that is home to all sorts of storybook characters. The stories follow the characters in their stories and in todays world. It's a pretty well written show.

The apple reference made me think you were a fan...
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    Hee..heee...Tonya, We must have hit our button at exactly the same time...
  • tonyacoursey
    Options
    Yes T2, we must have. We love that show and just did a marathon watch on season one while we were out sick...even Rick loves it. Although he would love anything that wasn't on HGTV or the Food Network.
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    Oh Yeah.... haven't missed an episiode - and when I do we have COMCAST on Demand.... "smiles"....

By the way - I am currently the mayor / queen mother.... eating an apple a day..... as she smiles.....

Carol
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    and when Sunday night football comes on (CBS) and makes 60 minutes run late - sorry I win.....
  • tonyacoursey
    Options
    Oh yeah, we do the same thing. If the games run late too bad! One of the ideas for names of the puppies was Snow and Charming, but I think it should be Rumple and Bell...the male is a little wrinkly thing..
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    I like rumple and bell.
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    Those are my two favorite channels........But don't get me started on The Best Thing I Ever Ate !!! I am getting into car fixer- upper shows... Fast and Loud.....Richard Rawlings Oh my!! and Counting Cars..the Count ( he's cute but a little cheesy).......
  • bisland
    Options
    Tony, It took me a few tries, but here is what I followed
    Hosting the Picture

1) Go to an image-hosting site (for example, photobucket or tinypic- photobucket requires making an account). Upload your picture. To do this, click the button that says "Browse" and choose your photo from there. When you have selected your photo and clicked "OK", click the UPLOAD button.
    2) Wait until it is completely loaded and shows you a bunch of different codes. We're going to use the URL that's called IMG (or Image) code. Highlight the entire code, right click, and click "copy".

Placing the Picture on MFP
    1) Get onto your favorite board or wherever you would like to post the picture, and start your message. Now, right click inside this typing/text box, and click "Paste", The code that you coped earlier should show up. You may notice that the code looks something like this: (without the spaces)

[ IMG ] http://i48.tinypic.com/qqebzq.jpg [ /IMG ]

Well, that's all fine and dandy, except that we can't have those capital letters in there.

2) Take the code that you have down, and change the capital IMG to lowercase img (on both ends of the code), so that it looks something like this: (without the spaces)

[ img ] http://i48.tinypic.com/qqebzq.jpg [ /img ]

3) Write whatever else you feel like writing in the space, then click the Post button, and you're done!!

I used photo bucket & it took me a few tries to pick the right code. Just make sure it looks like the one in the above post & change the IMG to img. I need to figure out how to make my pictures smaller.

I got John out today for a nice ride along the coast of New Hampshire & a walk along the water front of Rye & Portsmouth NH. Hope I was able to work off that fish I had for lunch. In effort to make it a bit less damaging I ordred from the childrens menu. The portion size was just right, I am going to try to remember to ask about this in the future.

HGTV & food net work. 2 of my favorites. I LOVE chopped! it is my favorite.

Can I put a bid in on the purple pants? I am anywhere from a 12 to a 16 these days depending on the brand/cut. I promise to give them a good home.
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    sorry - still happy in NJ......

but once they are truely too big and I have more "smaller sizes" they are up for grabs....:blushing:

right now they are very flattering - just sayin..:wink: ...will definitely need to take a pic and post one day soon.....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • tonyacoursey
    Options
    Thanks Bis but for whatever reason...( stoooooopid on my part) I couldn't get it to work. I just talked to
    Derek and he is going to work on it tomorrow for me. Thank goodness he is so much smarter than I am. We actually did a version of chopped here at the house over the summer between Derek and Rick. They had pork cracklings, Cornish hens, Werther's originals and polenta. They did a great job and Derek won with his polenta/crackling/caramel sauce...lol Rick's Cornish game hen was better but with taste and presentation....Derek won
    As for the purple pants....I want a bid on them as well....I may not be the closest in size but I have the shirt to wear with them :bigsmile:
  • hairsprayhon
    hairsprayhon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I miss ace of cakes! But that might just be my Baltimore showing. I think it is a safe bet that none of you has more purple tops than I do. I hate football, but people in my office building who don't know me think I am a huge Ravens fan.
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Patrice - as I am sure you know stay steady and it will happen but I know first hand how hard it is to stay motivated when nothing is happening.

Snoozie - I too worked nights for a few years and it is hard on the body and eating. I would get off at 6 am and be ready for supper like it was 5 pm. I think you have a good mind set and agree it will be gone next weigh in.

Bisland: Lovely, it must be so very peaceful and relaxing.

Hair - I so wished I had kept my favorite **** but when we made our move from apartment to house or WA to LA I gave in resigned to the fact I would never lose weight. I am happy to be sad though.

I have watched a few episodes of Once Upon also. I like it pretty well but suspect that if I would watch without logging food :blushing:

Well it was another late day as we had meeting after school three hours later I was finally walking out the door. So glad I put that roast in the cpot and it was all warm and yummy when I got home.
  • bisland
    Options
    Tony, what are pork cracklings? That must have been fun, maybe I will try that some time with my son & a friend.

TArnold, I ment to commend you on your hard work with the students. I remember how frustrated you were at the begining of the year. Your dedication to the students shows.

Hairspray, it looks like we need to get ready for a storm. My local weather folks have been building this up for days and it is looking more and more like the mid Atlantic/New England will get a huricane in a few days. I am ready. Those people that run to the grocery store at the last minute drive me crazy. Living in NE I am used to power outages & stocked up for the winter a few days ago. I have several friends that allways come to my house knowing I have a gas stove in the family room, cook with gas, have pleanty of hot food & board games to keep us busy. I hope you & your family stay safe.

I would love if some of you could share pictures of where you walk/run. There is so much more to see in the world, thats why I enjoy the hikes & seeing "just around the next corner" as my BF states.

No formal exercise for me today. I am going to work on leaves in the yard, so pleanty of fresh air & exercise.

Have a blessed day all!!
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    Morning Hatters!

TA: Thanks for the morning giggle - you got "bleeped" on what I assume you meant to type as "shirt" LOL Sorry you had another late day, but happy you had the crock ready to rock! And appreciate the commiseration/understanding of the nite shift LOL.. i was honestly at a loss on the diary entries for the first few days, specially on the changeover one as I'm technically feeding for about 36 hrs - but in the end just ended up logging everything I ate in a "day" under one meal; that seemed to work best (and the 1/2 lb is already gone thankfully) :bigsmile:

Tonya: one of my friends from work just posted pictures of their 2 new lab puppies.. I swear its just to torture BUT love seeing them, so hope your D can figure it out for yours! LOVE that you had your own chopped at home version!!!!

I've seen a few episodes of OUAT as well but never got hooked on it .. think I missed a few episodes in the beginning probably.. Grimm also seems to be pretty popular out my way as well, but like Bis I am currently addicted to Chopped, Dinner party wars and a few others on the Food channel; I only started getting that channel a few months ago so it's all new to me; I may hate cooking but I love food, even more so when someone else prepares it! I'm a great dinner guest btw (hint hint hint Hatters); I love trying anything food wis and appreciate all the hard work people go to preparin it.. so feel free to invite me for dinner anytime ladies!! LOL

Janet: you would win the bet from my closet; I own one purple t shirt LOL.

Bis: so glad you got J out as well; great idea on the kids menu! On the rare occasions I hit a burger joint now, I order the kids hamburger on purpose; its big enough to satisfy the craving and I still rip away an inch of the bun around the edge! When I take my senior friend out she often orders from the seniors portion menu; wish I could do the same because portion sizes have been stoopid crazy huge these days everywhere. It's funny; we often hit buffets for dinner because of the huge amount of food available of course (I always joked just push my chair up to the tables and leave me there - I brought my own fork !) but my sister and I were just talking about how we haven't been to one in a long time because we just cant eat as much anymore; seems like a waste! Don't get me wrong; I'm still very capable of going back for seconds if it's a home cooked meal LOL.. but now when I eat a lot at one go I find I'm super uncomfortable afterwards... just wish I could sometimes remember that icky feeling BEFORE pigging out occasionally?? LOL

cbm: glad you're enjoying the purple pants - you might want to keep em under lock and key for a while tho as it sounds like you have a few contenders for em!

Gail: I was sitting plunked in front of the TV after dinner last night and popped into MFP and saw your post about doing the stairs.. and it inspired me.. the thought of heading out for a walk in the rain or going to the treadmill was not the least bit enticing, but I realized hmm I could at least walk in the building so I threw on sneakers and went up to the 16th floor, and walked down..took the stairs to each level and walked across the hallway (100 steps) and down the other end stairs; all the way to the first floor.. then i walked back UP the stairs to my 7th floor. I could barely breathe by the time i got home, but I know I must be in better shape because during a power failur a few months ago, I had to stop at the 4th floor to rest last time I walked up!! So thanks for getting me off my butt last nite!

Will pop in a wee bit later; need another coffee and haeve promised myself to finsih some paperwork this morning .. but Dinner party wars is on at 6am.. soooo... i might indulge with breakfast LOL!! Have a great day Hatters.. only a few days left in ourveggie and fruit challenge month from Janet... perhaps we should start tossing around some ideas for another challenge for November?
    Just a thought - cause even if we're on the right track, we'll get run over if we're standing still! :bigsmile: