Oct. 22 Mad Hatter Chatter

Options

Replies

• kobiemom
    kobiemom Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Three weeks since surgery. I thought I'd have this huge block of time off. I didn't realize I'd be sleeping for two weeks! Now I'm looking at piles of leaves outside and dust bunnies inside. My husband and son have decided that convincing me to ignore it all is their way of *helping*. We've got a storm on the way! We have to get the drains unblocked or we'll get flooded. Stay safe - everyone in it's path.

Are my American friends tired of the election yet? I've blocked about half of my FB friends until after the election. If they don't understand the questions, what makes them think they know the answers?? I don't care who wins any more. I just want it over.

I'm cheering everyone on from the couch. You're all very inspiring. I'll be joining the effort soon.

Cheryl/Kobie
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!
    Snooze, You have me beat with the stairs exercise then....that wore me out just reading it! I bet you felt like you had a great workout! , enough for a whole week.!!!

I love Ace of Cakes as well...have you ever noticed they have their hands all OVER those cakes...no plastic gloves....no hand sanitizer.... : )
    I love purple things of all shades...I have probably at least 4 or 5...but at the rate I'm going I won't be in on the race for the pants...We could make them our traveling pants...a sure sign that you have made it when you get to wear them....just a thought.

Tonya, I may be dense, but you can't post them on the profile page?

I t doesn't look like I'm going to make my 5lbs this month...I'm up ,I'm down..I'm all around, like a keg of beer..... : / ....I'm just about ready to quit weighing at all ... just keep watching what I eat and walking the stairs and go by the fit of my clothes...

Does anyone watch Duck Dynasty? The duck call makers from Louisana...... I have never laughed so much as I do with those silly guys...I almost think they are really like that and it's not scripted too much!!

I hope everyone has a scrumptious day!
    G
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    @ Kobie - yes! Very Very Tired.... let's make a decision and move on!

@ Time2 - love the beer reference - please come to Jersey - "could really use a drink right now" - can't remember the song... but sure you know the one.... (just kidding)... having an awesome day...

@ everyone - gotta go back to J-Jill and get rid of the size 16 pants - should have bought the size 14s..... will do Saturday (turn in, get he money and run Carol run.. (aka Forest Gump)...

wearing red cords - aka Queen Mother / Mayor reference....

Carol
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies,

Those of you in the path of Sandy, please stay safe.

Bis- Wiki definition of cracklings- a crackling offers a square of skin that cracks when you bite into it, giving way to a little pocket of hot fat and a salty layer of pork meat. They are pork rinds if you eat them in the south or chicharrón is the Spanish version. Cassie and I went to the store and tried to find 5 ingredients that we could get for both baskets under $10. That was a challenge all by itself! We had the best time and hope to do it again soon.

Snoozie, Puppies, love all of them! We found out last night that the male puppy has been sick since we saw him on Saturday. He is on the mend though from what I understand and Deb says he is doing well and the vet said he should be fine. I am hoping that D will have me fixed up in no time with the pics and I can share them with you all. Even scenery pictures for Bis. As for Grimm, I have yet to see it but thought about trying to catch it “On Demand”.

Gail, I tried to post them in my profile pics but it wouldn't let me. I am just too goofy to figure it out. Truthfully, I get frustrated and mad and then I can’t even think….

Kobie, We are a house divided when it comes to politics so every election is fun for us. Am I tired of this one? You bet. Like you I have hidden my friends posts and just about given up on FB until after the election. I understand that everyone has an opinion, I just don't understand all the hate… I hope you are feeling better and on the mend.

Janet, Duff is my little love muffin. I love his sense of humor and all of the shows that he has done. I love football since I was a kid. It is with fond memories I remember watching with my Dad. Now I watch with the kids and grandkids but if I am alone I will channel surf during a boring game…
    Carol, hope you have a great day…. don't forget Sunday 8pm EST!
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    Morning Hatters!

Not much new in my neck of the woods, but being Canadian I'm spared most of the US election debates; altho one of our country's biggies just unexpectedly stepped down so we'll be inundated with it soon enough. I admit though, I'm one of those who strongly believes ya gotta vote; doesn't matter who ya choose, but makes me crazy to hear someone say "I didn't bother".. then again, my list of what makes me crazy fluctuates daily - and throw in a hot flash or a mood swing? it could go to pages LOL

Heading out for some groceries; back to work saturday so I should be planning some out, but I'll save that for tomorrow (a la Scarlett Ohara)! I'm feeling quite hungry today so need to search out some filling high fiber, low cal foods i love.. will heck in later!

No ideas yet for a November challenge for us?

Kobie: glad to hear you're on the mend! Patience isn't one of my virtues either.. but try to hang in there

TonyaL crackling here was always the top part of the pork roast, the crispy cooked fat and we always fought over it lol.. my BIL is from the Isle of Mann and used to deep fry pork rinds (til my sister was pregnant and couldn't stand the smell lol). Then again, my mom was a newfie and we grew up on salt cod and scrunchins...which was hardtack diced up and then fried in the remains of the pork fatback...all of:bigsmile: which was then all poured over the fish... shudder now thinking about it but loved it growing up!
  • bisland
    bisland Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Tony so crackling are those fried pork rinds I see in the store?

UGH! I am so tired of all the insults. Why is it they just don't get it? It just seems to get worse the closer we get to election day.

Do any of you shop at Aldi's? We had one open in my area & I went last week. The prices seem good on most items, but in looking a labels it does not seem it's so called "fit & active" products are any healther. Are there any products that are must have in your oppinion?
  • tonyacoursey
    Options
    Bis- There are two different kinds here. There are the one that are in the chip isle and they are puffy, airy, meatiness..lol. Then there are the ones that are in the frozen or meat section and they haven't been fried up yet. Here in the south those are put in cornbread (in the batter that is poured into a hot cast iron skillet usually with bacon grease coating the bottom) and then baked in the oven. I have also added corn and jalapenos to make it spicy..

My daughter likes most of the fit&active things she has tried here. The meat looks gross and I have heard bad things abiut it but the produce is mostly wonderful and that is what we buy there.

Snoozie, we call that crispiness the Bark. When Rick smokes pork, beef or even a turkey we all fight over it.
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    Carol, I can meet you with some tequila , but not much of a beer drinker...I would have to drink a case just to get over the taste...ugh! ....TeeeHeeeheee.... Maybe we could talk Tonya into joining up with us??
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    Time 2 / Tonya - Let's meet for some tea...:laugh:

tee hee....and maybe snoozie can bring the wine...

Carol
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    I'm in...
  • tonyacoursey
    Options
    OH, Oh, oh, I am in.....:drinker: I got my Sauza blanco or Patron chilled and ready to go:love:
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Patrice: I thought my plateau was never going to end- it was about a month or more, too. It is so frustrating, isn't it? It reminds me of that picture one of the hatters had as their profile picture with the woman shooting her scale. I guess we just have to let our bodies adjust at their own pace, darn it!

bisland : Thanks for the info on how to download photos :-) I'm going to give it a whirlSince you asked for photos of where others are walking, I thought I'd share a few of where I will be walking/hiking Friday and Saturday.

To all the wonderful Hatters: I will not be logging in this weekend (starting tomorrow because I am going to Tonto State Park and staying at a lodge with no cell phone reception and limited wi-fi. I haven't been there before and am excited to be able to see the Tonto Natural Bridge, hike, and go horseback riding. Here are some photos from online, and I will share some of my own when I return.

TontoStateparksmallimage.jpg

Tonto-Bridge-Waterfallsmall_edited-1.jpg
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    beautiful - enjoy......
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Hey T.. "Patron" would make a great boy doggie name!! :bigsmile:

Sorry Bis.. never heard of that store here; but I will say I was reading labels this morning, and the jars of spagetti sauce varied something crazy..some of the supposedly healthier options had about twice the sodium of the regular stuff, AND the only benefit was about 1/2 the fat.. same carbs and sugars, some had MORE in the"better" option than the regular.. :noway: I think for too long we've been brain washed into believing the marketing pitches of low fat, low sodium, sugar free... (of course, most of those claims are on processed foods..so yet another reason to stick to the outer aisles, eh? I bought a pkg of frozen chicken breasts stuffed with mushrooms and provolone that were touted as healthy; they may have been but they tasted horrific.. from here on i think i'd rather buy my own chicken, beat it to a pulp and stuff it myself... but I admit convenience keeps me living in hope.. and buying in vain! :cry:
  • seehe
    Options
    BTW, that's a little waterfall in the picture, not a cloud :-)
    Tonto-Bridge-Waterfallsmall_edited-1.jpg
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Seehee:: WOW!!!! Awesome pictures... CAN I COME WITH YOU? I hope you have a fabulous time, and thanks for giving us the heads up you'll be offline - won't have to worry but instead be envious!! :o)

speaking of worry.. anyone heard from MErobi lately, or remember if she was going away? No sign of her for over a week; just wondered if anyone knows if she was going away..

Cant wait to see your own pics when you get back! :smile:
  • tonyacoursey
    Options
    See....dang it I can't get them to work now here you go showing off :ohwell: I must really be html challenged:laugh:
  • seehe
    Options
    Tonya: oops, I goofed- it was bisland who shared the download info. Nice to have mentalpause on which to blame all my goofs :-) Did you download the pictures onto Photobucket? I can steer you from there. But if you want them to be smaller when you post, you need to first open them in Photoshop or whatever photo software you have and reduce the image size to something like 2x1 inches before you download them onto photobucket.

Snozzie: What time shall I pick you up ? LOL
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    You're right Snoozie, Patron sounds just right for a boy dog, with Sauza for the girl.... I may not be pronouncing it right though. but it sounds feminine to me.

Seehe, looks like a gorgeous place... Hope you have a blast. I know you will..

I was wondering about Merobi..........I was afraid to ask......

Would it sound bad if I say I get confused with who's gone on Vacation and who's sick and so forth...Sometimes, if I have time, I have to go back and re-read some days stuff, just to keep it straight... I think it's because I 'm having to read it so fast some days...I'm blaiming it on that ,anyway!! ; /
  • Snooozie
    Options
    I'm in the same boat T2... i wrack my brain trying to think.. did they mention they were going away? I know Abbe is going to the Breeders Cup and now Seehee.. but mentlepause is indeed to blame for us!!! Wish there was a sticky we could attach to our profile "gone fishing" !!

LOL @ the girlie name.. love it! Tequila is a lovely girlie name too!! I'm not familiar with them, but I think Patron is a "brand', Tonya?
    (Aren't ya sorry you asked us for suggestions now??) giggle snort!:drinker:

or maybe call one "hot" and one "Dawg" ?? :laugh:

Lucy and Ricky? :happy:

Samson and Delilah? :tongue:

ok.. ok.. i'm stopping lol

Seehee: bag is packed and I'm at the door.. !