introduce yourselves

Options
Hello Everyone! My name is Nonye. I am new to MFP and I am totally excited. I decided to challenge myself with this workout because I am tired of being FRUMPY. I am 29 and I do not want to enter my 30's fat. I hope that we can all encourage each other over the next month. My goal is to NOT gain weight over the holidays. Please feel free to introduce yourselves.

Replies

• Hallucihate
    Hallucihate Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm Briana, and I started MFP on June, but never really used it till last week! I'm on day 4 on the 30DS, and it is hard. When I started the 30DS I was 259, now I'm 250. You can all add me for some motivation, and so I can get to know you better since we are in the same group (:
  • Get_Me_Fit1
    Options
    Im Courtney, I started MFP quite a long time ago, but i didnt start using until about June. I am starting the 30 day shred on Sunday, October 28th. It will my day 1, level 1. People in this group can add me so we can get to know eachother! (:
  • robinr515
    Options
    Hi, I'm Robin. I started 30DS yesterday. It was hard, but not horrifying. I plan to take 1-2 days a week off, so, I'm glad I got an early start. Good luck to everybody.
  • mariclemm
    Options
    I haven't started 30DS yet, but I do have the DVD. So I'm totally game for this challenge. Anything to get me motivated and losing!
  • Alisha_Joy
    Alisha_Joy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hooray!!! A 30DS group for November. I was hoping one popped up sometime soon. I am using the youtube version until it's taken down for copyright issues lol but I am so excited to get started. I just had my 3rd child Sept 8, 2012 and I am EAGER to get this baby weight off. I have the Insanity DVD but I am nowhere near capable of sticking with that right now. My plan is to get through the 30DS, Ripped in 30 and the other one she has and then try my luck with Insanity again.

A little about me:

I'm a mother of 3 beautiful children, an Army veteran, and an allstar cheerleading coach.

Starting Weight: 160lbs
    Goal Weight (End of Nov & 30DS): 145lbs
    Goal Weight (Overall): 120lbs

I'm excited!!!! I need all the motivation I can find!
  • barbiek999
    barbiek999 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm so happy you started this group, it's just what I need right now! I received my 30DS dvd from Amazon a couple of week ago but was going to wait unitl I had a fitness assesment at the rec center before starting it. However, it's taking too long to find a time that works for both their schedule and mine and in the meanwhile I have "relaxed" too much on my eating choices = gained back a few pounds! So, this is prefect, you have inspired me to jump in, right now, no more waiting!

A bit about myself:

54 years old (55 in less than 2 weeks)
    Married and mom of 2 adult sons
    Have a great job but work too much
    Excited to get serious about working out!

Good luck fellow shredders:)
  • zoukeira
    zoukeira Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Amy and I am currently 141lbs and my goal weight is 128lbs.

I'm anticipating a difficult week as far as completing 30DS goes, I'm away for 3 days and won't have internet access or a tv... so I've started it today & it feels great.

My goal for the next 30 days is just to continue losing weight. I don't want to put a number on it because I'm already fairly low and I expect this is going to put on muscle.

I think I'm going to need a bit of encouragement though! I'm not that good at sticking to regular exercise :-S
  • Chewster001
    Chewster001 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody!
    I'm 39, 5'4", 125
    I started the Shred 12 days ago so I'm a little off cycle.

I'm not planning on skipping any days unless I'm sick. Just started Level 2 and it's hard... From the first moment, I knew that I'd be doing the modified version EVERY time, but as long as you hang in there, you get the work out, and it's done in 20 minutes.

I had lost 18 lbs with just calorie reduction alone before starting. Then I started the shred and I basically stopped losing weight. I'm absolutely fine with that, though, as my pants now require a belt to stay up and I look a lot better in the mirror already. Sorry - I didn't take any pics. I still feel like a before picture, but a much better looking before picture. ;)
  • chickenshit4
    chickenshit4 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys,
    Im Becky from New Zealand!
    Im going to start the 30shred tonight!
    Good luck everyone and feel free to add me!
    Height 170
    Starting weight 163p
  • bkesecker
    bkesecker Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I am Bobbie (wife, mom, teacher) from Maryland. Age 44.

Today's starting weight is 173. My short term goal is 165 by Thanksgiving. Ultimate goal is 145. I have a significant hip issue that may hinder my ability to do this workout everyday, but I'm going to try. Good luck to all of you.
  • KymmyPooh
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My name is Kym, and I joined MFP earlier this month. I've had 30DS since last year, and I love it. This group will help me stick to it on a daily basis. Thanks for the motivation group. Feel free to add me so we can support each other through the process.

Current weight: 213
    Goal weight: 160, maybe 140-150

I've tried many programs that worked in the past, but I'm hoping MFP will keep me fit for life!
    Also doing couch to 5K, so hit me up if you are doing that too :)
  • uglydeuce
    uglydeuce Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! So stoked to get involved in a challenge.

I'm a college student at Northern Michigan University in the upper peninsula where I am studying Fisheries and Wildlife Management. Currently I'm 214 and struggling with PCOS and a twisted leg that I've gone to physical therapy for but I'm hoping it won't stop me like it has before when I've attempted the 30 day shred.

SW: 215lbs
    GW: 145
    Height: 5'7
  • motherjuly31
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm excited to be a part of this group. I started MFP awhile ago but just barely got serious about losing weight three weeks ago. I am doing the 30 DS as well as Ripped in 30 (and sometimes Tae Bo). I'm excited to see how in shape I can get and to really get results. Thanks for starting this group!
  • slatorade
    slatorade Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I have had this DVD since about June this year and have completed one cycle of 30-day cycle (with the needed missed days). It really does work, even if you only do it at level 1 only. I was tracking really well, and then life happens; my mother became ill for a bit, more family stuff came up to the surface, and my weight lose became the emotional roller coaster ride I am very use to.

I do spin class 2 to 3 times a week, and just started pilates classes at a local studio. I know, this probably sounds crazy to add Jillian to all of this as well. I need the circuit training, I find that it really helps me in shedding this body fat suit I have carried around for all too long now.

I plan on doing 30 Day Shred in the mornings and adding in pilates and spin when I feel I need one or the other. I am also curious to see how much of a difference all of this intentional activity will make to my physical being, as well as my mental well being.

I think I weigh around 188lbs currently. After this challenge, I would like to see myself around 178lbs, with an eventual goal of 160lbs. I am 5'8" and find that I look the best around the 150 to 160lb mark (depending on muscle mass).

Looking forward to the challenge and most of all doing exercise in the mornings (not my normal deal at all) :)
    Thanks everyone and cheers to all of us for trying this!
  • jessbena
    Options
    I'm Jess I'm on day 4 of the 30D Shred and am hoping to get back into shape. I'm currently at 175lbs. I'm hoping to get to 160 by Christmas... I need some motivation for sure!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i'm linz and i have finished the shred twice. I am working on starting rin30 for my second time. right now i am going to plan 4 days a week committed to rin30 and will d it till i complete 30 days. i am doing 7 days of each level as this program is a 4 week cycle with 1 rest day. but i am goign to do 7 days with of each level instead of 6. I am close to my goal and just want to tone up a bit and take a few more inches off.

if you have any q's about the shred, ask away...
  • Hey everyone!
    I'm Katie, and a 19 year old freshman in college. I'm almost done with my second semester. I joined MFP about a month ago and didn't really use it, and got on the scale a couple of days ago to see my weight has gone up another 5lbs since I joined this site. I used to be really small and in shape, and let myself go because of unusual life circumstances and traveling a lot. So I'm starting this challenge at 166lbs and will hopefully lose some weight and inches soon! My ultimate goal is around 115lbs. Anyone that needs some support is more than welcome to add me. :) Good luck everyone, you can do it!
  • Ishandra
    Ishandra Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ok, going to try this with you all.
    I am very new to MFP but really appreciate the diverse fun community.

I do have a newbie question - How do you account for 30 day shred in the activity portion of MFP? Thanks so much in advance.
  • DeanaThompson
    DeanaThompson Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Deana..feel free to add me as a friend.. I have only been on MFP for almost 2 months..I have lost 20 pounds..( still have 45 more to go ).I am excited about doing the shred but I have to admit I did try the video one time..and I couldn't walk or move for 3 days..LOL! I am hoping that I can get through this!!! I usually only walk or jog..but I am needing more..!! I know it will be good for me..and hopefully see results..but I can be a big sissy!!!
  • secretsupermodel
    Options
    my name is addie and i have been doing the 30 day shred off and on for almost 2 weeks, but want to do it consistently for this challenge. if anyone wants to add me that would be awesome! :flowerforyou: