introduce yourselves

Options

Replies

• oosaah
    oosaah Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Camille :) I'm starting the 30 day shred today. I'm 20 years old, 5'6, and weigh 60 kg (132lbs). I've been with mfp for a couple months now, lost 5 kg and looking to lose another 10. Nice to e-meet you all!
  • oosaah
    oosaah Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Ok, going to try this with you all.
    I am very new to MFP but really appreciate the diverse fun community.

I do have a newbie question - How do you account for 30 day shred in the activity portion of MFP? Thanks so much in advance.

I read somewhere else that people were logging it as "circuit training - general" so I'll probably do that as well :)
  • lenartn
    lenartn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Starting extremely out of shape, but need a challenge. I will try to keep up. 29 years old, starting 268. Hoping you all will motivate me!
  • aalpass
    aalpass Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I did the first 10days of 30DS in July of this year and was disappointed when no measurements changed and stopped. But I'm on Lite N Easy as well now and had consistent weight loss over the last few weeks so am keen to give this another shot. As others have said its hard but do-able.

About Me: I'm 31, a single mum with a beautiful daughter and live in Australia.

I'll be starting Monday 29 Oct. Can't wait!

Good luck everyone :)
  • lovinmyselfagain
    lovinmyselfagain Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I started the 30DS last Wednesday, so I'll be doing level one-day 5 today. I started my weight loss journey April 15th at 200lb and at last weigh-in I was 145lb. I've gone from a size 20 to a 10, but still have substantial belly fat. It's shrunk considerably, but still my biggest trouble spot. I wanted to make a significant dent before the Holidays start and thought the 30DS would be a great way to do that. I'm excited to see the end result!
  • dawnshot
    dawnshot Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi, Dawn here, 50 (!). I had decided to start 30DS today anyway. Started it last year but developed a frozen shoulder, where any movement was agony. Getting over that now and need to tone up. I wasn't too overweight, and have lost 16lbs, by eating clean and running. I want to lose another 5 lbs and tone up a lot. I had recorded one of the 'Ripped in 30' and did that this morning.
    Great to see a group for this, will take 'befores' tomorrow aarrgghh
    Good luck everyone!
  • ilovespurs61
    Options
    Hey, I signed up to MFP yesterday and I'm starting 30DS on Monday. One of my friends from work is also doing it so hopefully we will motivate each other. I'm going on holiday at the beginning of December so I'm hoping to lose some weight before that. I hope to get to my target weight by next summer.

Starting weight: 211

Target Weight: 140

Good luck everyone!
  • kaymarie35
    kaymarie35 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi, im Kay from Manchester UK. Thanks for starting this group and count me in! I have tried 30DS for only 2 days before but then had to go away on hols so I stopped and never quite got going with it again.

I am so up for this in the run up to Christmas! We can do this..ggrrr :)

Start weight today: 249Ibs
    Height: 5ft 2inchs
    Goal by Christmas - 21Ibs would be amazing!

I am going to start this today - Sunday 28th October 2012.

I dont have all that many friends on here yet so please feel free to add me, i am on here most days.

Good luck everyone :)
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    Ok, going to try this with you all.
    I am very new to MFP but really appreciate the diverse fun community.

I do have a newbie question - How do you account for 30 day shred in the activity portion of MFP? Thanks so much in advance.

yes log it under circuit training. i always log 27 min as i included the warm up and cool down. I also have a HRM and add my cals in each time to have it accurate.
  • Jhillian
    Jhillian Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Jhillian

I actually started the 30DS last night!!

My HW 159
    CW 153
    GW (Dec1) 148
    UGW 125-130

I'm very motivated to finishing it this time around..
  • josachi
    josachi Posts: 79
    Options
    Okay, to be honest, this scares me. I've watched clips from the DVD and thought, "I could never do that." But I reserved a copy at my local bookstore yesterday and will go pick up the DVD today. I guess I just need to be that little engine who could and tell myself I THINK I CAN until I KNOW I CAN becomes a reality. This group will keep me accountable and that excites me even as it scares me. So, with trepidation, I'm in!
  • lucypaige_
    Options
    Majorly excited for this! I tried 30DS a few months back but didn't stick it out. . . As others know i'll be doing it then there's more motivation to stick it out. Devising a schedule tonight, ready to finish by December! Lets GO!
  • APAmy
    APAmy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I'm Amy. I just turned 45 a week ago and am committed to making this year be about fitness, strength and personal power. I am 5'5" and about 135lbs. More important to me than losing weight is building my muscle tone and losing some inches around my waist & hips.

I started the 30DS yesterday and am excited to be part of this group!

Amy
  • daksd
    daksd Posts: 2
    Options
    My name is Valerie. I've been on MFP for a while. I've tried 30DS a few times and quit. I hope belonging to a group will make me more accountable!

1596420.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • lauramcfarlane1994
    Options
    Hey Shredders,

I'm Laura and I started using MFP on Monday to reduce my weight from 151 to 130 - possibly 125 if i can manage it. I decided to do the 30 day shred after getting in touch with another MFP girl who thought it would be good to do the challenge together over the month of November. Great to have others on board - all feel free to add me and discuss results

Laura
  • alliglo
    Options
    Hey, I am Alli. I am new to this website, but I absolutely love it. This is an easy way for me to keep track of my food intake and exercise activity. I just realized about a week ago that I gained 15 pounds so I would like to lose that and much more. I hope to lose atleast 10 pounds during these next 30 days by staying on track with my calories, drinking plenty of water, and doing the 30 day shred everyday. Goodluck everyone!
  • sanndandi
    sanndandi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'm Sandi. I am new to the site, only been about 2 weeks now. I'd like to lose 20 pounds, maybe 30 if it feels right. Hoping to tone up and get stronger as well. So far I really like MFP. I've never done a challenge llike this so I'm looking forward to it.
  • pbair
    pbair Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Patty. I'm brand new to MFP, and just getting my feet wet. I actually joined quite a while ago, but just started using it for the first time this weekend. After doing a two week trial of a Bootcamp, I've decided to save my money, and do the 30DS instead. Now I'm challenging myself to exceed my friend's results who's sticking with the Bootcamp. After reading through the thread with others before and after successes, I'm excited to get started. Thanks for setting up this group! I'd love to hook up with some people who will hold me accountable, and who I can also be an encouragement to!
  • FitFab71
    Options
    Hi !
    I am Nay, 41yo. I will
    start tomorrow morning ! We can do it !!!
  • ohmyheck
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Linda, I've lost 122 lbs in the past 18 months, but I'm not finished. I want to have accountability through the holidays, and this is perfect. I'm 55 years old, and want to get to less than 170 lbs. I've done a sprint triathlon from being a couch potato, but I need some core strength and more pounds gone! Happy to have this group support.