November 1st - Menopausal Mad Hatters Chatter :laugh:

Options
Snooozie
Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
Good morning, Mad Hatters!

Here it is… a new day and a new month…!

November has often been the month that started to breed fear into the hearts of many of us over the past years.. we were usually on some kind of “diet” by now, and already starting to worry about what was coming.. not only about getting thru TG, but already starting to stress out about the holidays now just a few weeks away… fitting in the party dress, shopping, family tensions.. not that stress has ever led ANY of us to head for the cookie jar in the past, right… ! :sad: Remember how round about now that panic would start setting in.. even before anything actually came up? Just thinking about what MIGHT happen was enough to send us to the cupboard in search of something to soothe us…

But this year…. That doesn’t have to happen, HATTERS!! November can be a fabulous month for us, if we CHOOSE to remember that there’s no need to panic… at least about what we're putting in our mouths! because now… we know its just about making good choices one day at a time....not worrying about our food tomorrow..or next week...or next month.. we never have to think about being on a “diet” ever again! We’ve learned so much about our triggers, and we know now if we choose to have something less than best, there's no need to panic or throw in the towel...or berate ourselves for falling off a wagon we're NOT on... we just have to wake up the next day and try for better.... that's it..!! AND we have each other here to help calm the fears and the nerves should they still pop up…. How GREAt is that feeling today???

Instead of dreading the next couple of weeks.. let’s change our mindset, let’s decide we aren’t going to freak ourselves out, there's no need to..! Lets embrace the fact we have one less stress.. no crazy diet to worry about!!… let’s choose to stop worrying or focusing on what we MIGHT eat someday down the road, and instead, realize that all we have to do is just keep right on doing what we’re doing… one day at a time. One meal at a time. We already know we will get stressed here and there with everything else going on, and we’ll get harried and hurried and tired and feel overwhelmed some days… so why add in any more stress worrying in advance about what we MIGHT eat… and instead, let’s head into these next few weeks really BELIEVING that we WILL be just fine!! Yup.. let's actually BELIEVE IT!

But…can we actually, truly believe in ourselves?? YES!! WE CAN!!

We just need to know HOW!

I recently read an article that really made me realize that I wasn't sure if I believed I can lose all my exess weight. Be warned: It’s lrather ong, yes.. and it took me reading it over a few times before it actually sunk in and started to hit home. But in case it might just help someone else realize they REALLY can do it, too, I’m copying it out here. (You’ll note how clever we all are by the way if you if read it, because it shows we’ve already taken a few of the steps already... how clever are we????)

Either way?

Here’s to a fantastic month for ALL OF US, HATTERS!!! Celebrate the freedom our lifestyle change has brought us and lets head into the last few weeks of the year with the knowledge and belief.. that we ARE doing it!!! Believe in ourselves.. because we CAN accomplish anything, ladies!! WE ROCK!:bigsmile:

ARTICLE (by B. KIM)

“The phrase “You can do it if you just believe” has become so watered down to the point that people just roll their eyes when they hear it. They’ve tried it and it just doesn’t work for them. We all want to believe.. and we’ve all heard a few quotes on the subject, but I think they left out one very important part:

HOW do you believe?

It’s not enough to just say “Oh, just believe and it will happen.” I hate with a passion of a thousand suns, advice that's just given to us without any proper procedures or guidelines to follow on how to implement it. Furthermore, I think the reason why people have a hard time believing is because we’ve never done it. What I mean by that is we never really formed our own beliefs.

Think about it.

Trace back all your beliefs on religion, politics, money, people, society, and the world in general. You’ll find that the root of the majority of your beliefs came from outside of you, whether it was through your parents, friends, or media. “Don’t talk to strangers. They’re bad.” “Money is the root of all evil “ etc.

The majority of people have never really gone through the exercise of creating their own beliefs, because we’ve been spoon fed them from day one.

It’s time to take charge of our own beliefs.

In order to find out how to believe, we have to understand the process in which some of the most powerful beliefs in human beings were created. I’m talking about people’s beliefs in religion and politics. The beliefs rooted in religion and politics are EXTREMELY powerful. We fought other kids over them when we were young. Families became divided over them. World wars were fought over them. Millions of lives were taken because of them. Men and women even went so far as to take their own lives because of them. Clearly, the power of people’s beliefs in religion and politics and the effect it has on their lives is unquestioned.

If we can analyze the procedure in which these beliefs were formed and apply that procedure to create our own beliefs, we will be able to achieve anything we want.

Step 1: You must state a specific belief FIRST in order to believe it. :smile:
I know it sounds obvious, but there are a lot of people who don’t believe in anything.
You ask them, “Do you believe you can lose 20 pounds of fat?” “I don’t know…. maybe….. we’ll see.” This is not a belief.

STATE a SPECIFIC belief.

It does not matter if you don’t believe it at first. Just take that first step and STATE it. “I will lose 20 pounds of fat”

Ok, so the first step was taken. A specific belief was created.
I will lose 20 pounds of fat.

Now to all the people who have tried to lose weight and failed to do so, I can imagine what you are thinking. “I can’t lose 20 pounds. I tried every miracle diet, drug, fad, exercise, machine, etc., but none of it helped me lose weight. I’ll always be overweight”.

If that’s your automatic reaction, that’s fine. I’m not going to tell you to change your self-talk for now because I know it’s hard to do so. Don’t get overwhelmed or discouraged. Take it one step at a time. :smile:

Now that you have STATED a SPECIFIC belief, what is the next step?

Step 2: HAMMER that belief into yourself CONTINUOUSLY. Beliefs are NOT formed overnight. :flowerforyou:

People did not come to believe in a political ideal or religion overnight. It was due to a constant hammering of information over a long period of time. Most people got it when they were young from their parents, friends, religious leaders, teachers, coaches, etc. They heard it at the dinner table, when they went to religious service, on TV, books, magazines, friends, acquaintances, etc.

However, this time, nobody is there to hammer the beliefs in you. YOU created your OWN BELIEF and it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to HAMMER it into YOURSELF. It doesn’t matter if your self talk is negating your belief. A constant hammering will always drive the nail into the wall of your self talk. Just hammer it in. The nail will always go in the wall if you continuously hammer it in.

This is where 90% of people fail and conclude that the whole “if you believe, you can achieve” idea is utter bull*&%$.

We live in a society where distractions are rampant. Internet, text messaging, cable TV, email, cell phones, TV on our cell phones, ipods, wireless internet access, etc. We are a spoiled generation. We live in an instantaneous society. We want results NOW. We have lost the virtue of patience. :sad:

We have music, video, news, entertainment, all on demand with a push of a button. We can get in touch with anyone in the world by dialing 12 digits. We can look up all sorts of information with a click of a mouse. It’s so easy to get sucked into the newest things and forget about the importance of continuously focusing on hammering in our new beliefs.

It’s also easy to become discouraged when we don’t see any quick results from hammering in our own beliefs. We have lost the notion of sticking through with something and not quitting until the goal is achieved, no matter how long it takes. :smile:
How can you avoid doing that?

1. Write your belief down everyday.
This is one of the most powerful things you can do in order to hammer a belief in yourself.I know it sounds a lot like affirmations, and it pretty much is. However, you might have had previous experiences with affirmations and not have had such good results from them. You will soon see though, that there is much more to believing than just writing down affirmations.

2. Put it everywhere you see.
Another thing you can do is to write your belief down on paper or print it out and paste it everywhere you see; on your refrigerator, mirror, door, computer, TV, wall, bathroom, front door, screen door, everywhere. This way, you will drill the belief into yourself even when you are not writing it down.

3. Visualize your belief already achieved everyday.
Your brain does not know the difference between what it sees with your eyes and what you imagine in your mind. You know what that means? “Things” don’t really exist. What I mean by “things” are the objects you think are real. The pen, the computer, the piece of paper.The reality is that you take in all the information from your environment via your 5 senses and process that in your brain and in there, your experience is created.

Reality lives alone in the brain.
And because reality lives alone in the brain, you can create your own reality. So create the reality of already having achieved your belief by visualizing it in order to help hammer the belief into your brain. You must take time each day to hammer your belief in.

If you do it sporadically, your belief will never take root. Rome was not built in a day. Masterpieces were not created overnight.

Anything worthy of any significant value was not created instantaneously.
Deep down inside, you know it’s true. There are no shortcuts in life. Does this mean it will take years for your beliefs to come true? If you consistently hammer in your beliefs and take the following steps that will be outlined, you will find that your beliefs will come true faster than you realize.

Step 3: Continually associate with those who share your beliefs. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
If you look back at how beliefs in religion and politics were formed, you'll find that continuous association on a regular basis with those who shared the same religion and political affiliations helped enormously in solidifying their respective beliefs.
People did NOT habitually associate with those who did NOT share their beliefs. Each group managed to attract one another and form their own support group. People who believe the same things will naturally gravitate toward one another.

When the hammering of your belief starts sinking in, you’ll find that you will naturally gravitate toward those who share the same beliefs. :happy: If you find yourself doing that, it’s a very good sign you’re going in the right direction and it shows that your belief is getting hammered in. You will find yourself looking to those who share the same beliefs for advice and/or support.

This is another aid in helping you hammer your belief in. When you habitually associate with those who share the same belief, you hammer your belief in even more. :flowerforyou:

Step 4: Confirm Your Belief in Your Environment
If you’ve been continuously hammering your belief in yourself and surrounding yourself with people who share the same belief, you will start to find confirmation of your belief in your environment.

Reality will start to shape according to your belief.
When you find reality starting to shape according to your belief, it is another sign that your belief is sinking in even deeper.

Whenever you see confirmation of your belief in your environment, RECORD IT. Write it down.That way, it will serve as a reinforcing mechanism for your belief.

You'll find that one of the best ways to confirm your belief through the environment is to look to the people who have already done it. :drinker: The greatest evidence that something can be done is if another person has done it. You will begin to see/meet people who have lost weight successfully. You will see them on TV, read about them, maybe even meet them online.
Collect inspirational stories of people who have done it. Refer to them often and confirm your belief to reinforce it whenever you feel it fade. By confirming your belief in your environment, you drill your belief deep down in yourself even further.

Step 5: Take Action to Reinforce the Belief :smile:
All right. So you’ve STATED a SPECIFIC belief, hammered it in yourself continuously, frequently associated with those who share the same belief, and reinforced it by confirming it in your environment.

You are now ready to take action.
The great thing about this is that you’ve already laid the foundation of belief.
Therefore, taking action will not be hard. It will be natural. :smile:
Your ability to easily take action is directly related to the degree to which your belief is hammered in you. Since you’ve already set up a very strong foundation of belief, you will find it easy to take action.

The reason why most people fail in the attainment of their high set goals is because they try to take action FIRST, without taking the time to really set the foundation of FIRST believing that they can. If you’ve done a good job of drilling the belief into yourself, you will find it easy to take action toward it.

Step 6: Acknowledge Your Own Progress to Further Reinforce Your Belief

I will lose 20 pounds of fat.

All right. So you’ve STATED a SPECIFIC belief and hammered it in yourself continuously.
You frequently associated with those who share the same belief .
You’ve reinforced your belief by confirming it in your environment by reading stories of people who have done it, meeting them in person, etc.
You’ve also naturally taken action to fulfill it by habitually exercising and eating right.

When you lose that first pound, rejoice! You know you’re on your way now. :bigsmile:
If you can lose that one pound, you can lose another, and another, and another, and another until the rest of the 19 pounds are shed. :laugh:

This is where your belief starts to grow EXPONENTIALLY. You must feed your belief by acknowledging your own progress and reinforce it so it grows exponentially. Acknowledging your own progress is the catalyst for the exponential increase.

Because this is such an important catalyst, record it. Write it down. Don’t trust it to memory. Write it down so you can refer to it often to reinforce your belief. :smile:

Step 7: Loop steps 2-6.
Believing is analogous to starting a roaring fire. If you’ve ever tried to start a fire, you knowIf you’ve ever tried to start a fire, you know it’s not as easy as taking a lighter and putting the flame on a big log. You have to first gather all the moss, twigs, grass, leaves, and build a small mound where the fire can reside, consume the fodder, and grow strength. You have to work at it, coax it, feed it, breath on it, until it starts to grow.

When it grows, you have to keep on feeding it with more and more pieces of small wood until you start bringing in the big chunks of wood. The result is a blazing fire you can use to do anything. You can use it to light other people’s fires. You can use it to burn down walls. You can use it to warm people and give them light. Even though I’m speaking metaphorically, you know what I’m talking about.

So feed the fire of your belief and loop steps 2-6: :smile:

Step 1: You must state a specific belief FIRST in order to believe it.
Step 2: HAMMER that belief into yourself CONTINUOUSLY. Beliefs are NOT formed overnight.
Step 3: Continually associate with those who share your beliefs.
Step 4: Confirm your belief in your environment
Step 5: Take action to reinforce the belief
Step 6: Acknowledge your own progress to further reinforce your belief
Step 7: Loop steps 2-6.
realize though that this will not happen overnight.
It takes time, discipline, and perseverance.:smile:

Now you know the EXACT process of how to believe and in turn, achieve.
I know what must be going on in the mind of some people right now and that is:
“If you believe, can you really do anything?” The answer is a resounding YES.

You can do anything if you really believe it.

Is it really that hard to swallow?
If Edison did not really believe he could invent the light bulb, we would have nothing to do but sleep when the sun set.
If Graham didn’t really believe he could invent the telephone, we wouldn’t have our precious cell phones today. .
If Ghandi didn’t really believe he could bring peace without fighting, who knows what the world would be like today?
You get the point.

You can do ANYTHING if you BELIEVE it :drinker: :bigsmile:

It sounds farfetched, but I urge you not be so close minded. We once thought the world was flat and that the earth was the center of the universe. If you accept the fact that it doesn’t matter what you believe, because you know if you believe it, you will achieve it, why not hold one of the most powerful beliefs of all, which is: I can do anything if I believe. Now you know how. (Brian Kim)

Replies

• daniran
    daniran Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Wow Snoozie! There is nothing "snoozie" about what you've done for us. LOL! Thank you for taking your precious time to type this information out and sharing it with all of us. It makes a lot of sense.....

I'd like to add something I've just learned and hopefully helpful to all .... That is - many of us (me) see our bodies in a negative light because we're not where we want to be. We must embrace our bodies, after all it is the only one we get. We can't trade it in and it has sustained us up to this point, taken all the abuse we've handed it - be it verbal ("I don't like my body", etc.), physical (lack of exercise or movement; and what we shovel into our mouths) or both. We can and have taken steps to change the way we eat and exercise. We're on a mission! But, we must consider what we tell our bodies. In the past, we've "hammered" it with what we don't like. And, what we can't do. Think of how you'd feel if someone said all the nasty things you tell your body. Hmmmm... Let's reject that notion! Embrace what we do like about our bodies. Love, if you will, all of self. Let's flip the script! As women, we love to be told we're beautiful, or that we have that certain je ne sais quoi (I don't know)- indescribable quality. Key word - quality. Snoozie's right. Let's change our thinking about November and ourselves.
  • PatriceMG
    PatriceMG Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Snoozie, what a great read to start a new month - and a new holiday season! I am going to copy and print the steps and put them on my bathroom mirror so I can re-confirm them daily! Thanks. Hopefully it will help me stay focused thru this prolonged plateau which is really getting me down. :( But...I'm gonna keep on keepin' on 'cause sooner or later I will break thru and then WATCH OUT! Keep up all the good work Hatters! We can do this!
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Snoozie, what a fantastic article-thanks so much for sharing it and for all of your encouragement!

Patrice: I finally broke my plateau, but am moving at a snails pace even though I'm doing everything I can, so I totally relate. I just keep telling myself that my job is to eat healthily, stick to my calories, hydrate, and exercise as able, and then let my body do whatever it needs to do at whatever rate it needs to do it at. So if I only lose 21 pounds this whole year, well, if I hadn't changed my lifestyle, according to my past record, I would have put on about 12 pounds this year instead, so I figure that I really will have made a 33 pound difference. And we will break those plateaus and continue down the road of weight lose and health, even if we are the turtles and not the hares. Several experts have told me that slow weight loss is the healthiest because then you don't lose muscle (and muscle stokes the metabolism) and you tend to keep it off.

Daniran: Your comments are so well received-thanks.

To all the Marvelous Mad Hatters: I am delighted to say that my guilt about having a Halloween treat is assuaged because I had miscounted my calorie intake by counting my dinner meat twice so that treat did not put me over my calorie count after all :laugh: Also, I would like to expound on Danrian's thoughts if you are up to read a little more:-). Did anyone see the movie "What the Bleep Do We Know? " At one point they showed an experiment by DR. Masaro Emoto who freezes droplets of water and then examines them and their crystallization under a dark field microscope that has photographic capabilities. He then studied the effects of positive influences on water, such as playing Bach music , saying thank you, etc vs, negative emotional effects on water. He found vast differences In the crystals that were formed depended on the positive or negative emotion conveyed. Since our bodies are 60-65% water as adults, the inference is that "Now that we have seen this, perhaps we can begin to realize that even when immediate results are invisible to the unaided human eye, they are still there. When we love our own bodies, they respond."
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    @seehee - loved your thought process - "slow and steady wins the race" - i've lost 38 lbs since July 2011 - even with the doggone winter weight gain... started at 220 - know that's not alot - but was for me ... now at 182 trying to get into the 170s and hopefully
    160s (UGW)... started in size 18w pants.... :noway: now wear size 14 misses.. if i can do this so can everyone else - (self proclaimed lazy butt who loves to eat - so needs to exercise).....:flowerforyou:

went for a medium walk - as my husband would say "to get the stink off" - gotta love him.....:wink:

have not worked since last Friday - loving / hating this.... but at least have organized closets and tomorrow the dust bunnies must leave and the bathroom must get cleaned (quarterly maintenance)... as she sits here and smiles....:laugh:

Carol
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Just home from work and have to leave in a few for a short meeting; but LOVED your posts Dani and Seehee... as janet said yesterday too.. we're all on the same page!! I know we've talked about this in previous posts - that the Hatters remain always a place to celebrate every success; whether it be in the mind, the soul or the body - and to offer support, encouragement, commiseration and hope and friendship to each other: there are enough negatives surrounding us everywhere else.. here we know there's no judgement and no criticism, and that each Hatter is honestly thrilled for each other successes.. AND benefits from the sharing of those, as well as our failures and struggles with years of habit and emotions.. we build up, we don't tear down and as women, there is always at least one of us who can totally relate to someone elses various situations and lend a hand.. I for one love this room of ours.. and honestly knowthat with the help I've found from MFP AND more importantly, from all of you.. that has what has made the difference in me believing that I can change, and I AM doing it.. Hats off to all the Hatters.. with thanks!

crud... late again.. lol later!
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Good morning, Hatters,

Some may have read this already, but I found it funny, but so truthful...... I thought you might enjoy reading it.
    G

Copied from McFly2u blog :

Dear Refined Sugar,

You and I have had a very complicated relationship for many years, so I think it’s time to be honest with you. You’re really amazing and I find you irresistible, but unfortunately you bring out the very worst in me. I’m sorry, but I’ve come to the conclusion that things have got to change and you can’t be a part of my life any more. I realize that it will be difficult to break this off, but I must leave you and never look back.

I didn’t see it at first because things seemed so innocent in the beginning. But the more I’m around you, the more I see just how much you control me. You nearly ruined my life and you had me convinced that I couldn’t live without you. I listened to your lies. You promised comfort, companionship, relief from stress, happiness, and a promise to fill that void in my heart. But your promises are empty. When we were together it felt so sweet and soothing. You would lure me into your emotional trap and I’d fall prey to your temptations every time. I knew it was wrong. Other people warned me about you, but you’re so convincing. When you’re around I lose all track of my senses, and it’s like I can’t say “no”. You’re a sweet poison to me, feeding off my weaknesses and taking away my strength to resist. You leave an aftermath of depression, a lack of energy and sometimes I feel unable to cope with life. Some days I couldn’t even leave the house because of how depressed I was. The moments we had together were deceptive, because as soon as you were gone I’d feel worse than I did before. All the highs and lows you bring are too much for me to handle, and I can’t let you do that to me any longer.

I don’t think you even realize all the things I’ve gone through just to be with you. All the pain, embarrassment you’ve caused, and grief you’ve brought upon me just isn’t worth it any more. I’ve turned down quite a few opportunities and let go of some really important things just for you. You bring me down in so many ways, and I think you deserve someone who can handle your “unique” qualities. Someone who doesn’t react to you the way I do. You need to find someone who is stronger than I am. I thought I was a strong person, but when you show up, I’m weak. So maybe it’s not just you, it’s me. I think the chemistry is all wrong between us, and our relationship just isn’t healthy.

Unfortunately you know that deep down I still love you, and there will probably be days when I’m tempted to come running back. I know you’ll be waiting. However, I think it would be best if you just stay away for a while, and leave me alone so I can heal. I have to move forward and I can’t recover with you hanging around my house, so it’s time for you to go. You’ve caused so much damage, and I’ve allowed you to control me far too long. I’m sick of you, my friends are sick of you too, and honestly, you’re a burden to everyone you come into contact with. From this point forward I’m taking my life back. I’m in control of my future now.

I must confess to a new love in my life. It’s Gym. I need balance, vitality, strength and health. Time with gym does that for me. I never got that with you. I’m moving on and I think you should do the same.

Goodbye,
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Time2: Thanks for sharing-that made me laugh out loud!!!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    LOVE IT, GAIL!

This could be the best break up I ever have !!

Hit the sack at 8pm last nite lol.. had to finish my diary this morning from yesterday but I needed the zzz's more :laugh:

Just spent an hour or so updating my goals and settings and measurements and what not, I remember someone saying you should do that every 10 lbs so I have made the adjustments here and there for this month.... I also did a little housekeeping of my friends list for those who have not been online for a few months, so I;m ready to rock November! I was thinking this morning and suddenly realized that this will be the first New Years Eve I won't have to put "go on a diet" on a resolution list! It'gs going to feel awesome to write down "continue aiming for healthy eating" instead!

But... my behind has fallen asleep sitting here lol.. so I have to get up and get moving for a wee bit; i'll be back in a few hours to catch up and see what's happenin' in the Hatters!! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!:bigsmile:
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

I see lots of good post over the past week. Caught up on reading. Copied and printed Snoozies post I just can't seem to do long post reading. Another great article !!! Thanks Snoozie.

Looks like we are all pretty busy these days. This last week has been a dozie for me.

Monday the copier got off track and made my day crazy. I usually try and print everything for the week on Monday so that I don't have to fight for copier time for the rest of the week. When they get out of order I am crazy until I get them organized again. It seemed the harder I tried the worse out of order they got :noway:

Tuesday was school night at daughter's school and had company

Wednesday was Halloween and the little one is sick, we hit five houses and called it good ::sick:

Thursday I had to stay and work a basketball game which meant a 13+ hour day :grumble:

Friday: The little one took a dance class this week and was suppose to dance at the football game Friday night sadly she didn't get to :sick: I left work at a normal time (tired from Thursday and wanted to get home to the little one) As I was coming home a belt broke on the van and I almost end up in the ditch. Thanking God for his protection. I made it to the husband's work thinking I would ride in with him and found he had left to take the little one to the doctor. So I am test driving a newer SUV. I got to the local Sonic to order my afternoon regular = large water only to realize I had left my purse in the van. So lucky they know me well enough that they said don't worry about it and sent it out anyway :bigsmile: Not sure if I could have made it without my water !!! After making it to the doctors office and checking everything with the little one I had to return and to get my purse. We had to return this morning to have blood work again. The count was down from 20,000 to 13,000 overnight so she was glad the doctor didn't believe she would need another shot. :bigsmile:

On top of all this my oldest daughter (married one) had a wreck Monday and we are waiting for insurance to make decisions. :brokenheart: But they weren't hurt just sore, very thankful for again for God's protection.

We did do 3 crockpot meals so at least I didn't have to worry what I was going to cook through the week. I am so thankful I had planned our menus and shopped otherwise I am not sure what my choices would have been this week. I have really been wanting a hamburger and I most likely would have caved at some point. But I resisted and bought buns last night and will have turkey burgers at some point in the next few days. It has been so long since I have ate hamburger meat that the turkey burgers usually do the trick now.

I will have a late night Monday as its family night at the school but we have Tuesday off for the election so it shouldn't be to bad.

So as you can see I have been lucky just to have time to get my food logged. I did enjoy catching up with the post. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    @ TA - so glad to see you're ok - and wow about the belt / your daughter...:noway:

Remember - He only gives us the trouble we can handle each day - "must think you're stronger than you feel"..."smiles" - have a great night... and try to get some rest....:flowerforyou:

We all need to remember to be grateful for what we have... and not worry about what we don't....

Planning another consignment run for the end of Nov.... they let us come in every 2 months with about 15 items...

Saw the note on the forums about "too big clothes".... I only keep one size up and the rest go to consignment (for money since I'm going thru clothes like water...:laugh: )... and the rest go to goodwill / church charity....

Planning a run to Talbots tomorrow - hopefully will only purchase 4 pair of pants.... 1 gray, 1 plum, 1 purple and 1 dress slacks...
    25% sale...
  • TArnold2012
    Options
    I heard something a long time back that when God puts a lot on you he has great faith in you and that it is like receiving a compliment. No higher compliment to receive than the Fathers :)
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    @TA - "like".....

nice thought - need to remember.....
  • hairsprayhon
    hairsprayhon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    TA, I am so glad that you did not end up in a ditch!!! And that your daughter is only sore from the wreck. What a week, it is good to see you here. My mother used to tell me that God would only send what I could handle and sometimes I wish He did not have so much faith in me!
    Time2, it was great to see that you blasted through your plateau by really looking at how much effort you were willing to put in to get to the walking that you needed.
    Snoozie, like the new flower! November will be awesome and it is nice to know that In January all of the Hatters will be welcoming the new year more fit and healthy! And as I celebrate my one year MFP anniversary, I am sure we will be welcoming new members who will be starting their journeys toward improved fitness.
    Well it is time to do some errands which I always do when the Ravens play (I hate football) the roads are always clear in BelAir during a game. Although if you want to see a ghost town, Ravens v Steelers everyplace except the bars shuts down. We have a lot of Pittsburg refugees in the area.
    Janet
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Janet..

the poppy is worn by everyone here in Canada a few days before hand and leading up to November 11th, which is Remembrance Day here where we honour all the veterans with ceremonies right across Canada. Wearing it on your lapel is a mark of respect and a thank you for all our veterans... The poem "In Flanders Field" is printed on our $10 bill and we all learn it in school along with the national anthem (the first line of the poem is "In Flanders field the poppies grow, between the crosses row on row" hence why the poppy pin is used...with the words "lest we forget" ... sold by the veterans and at legions everywhere with the $ going to vets :smile:

Spending the day catching up on housework; am working towards some health/fitness goals to take me through the next two months and I absolutely believe I will meet them.

Break's over so back to my scrubbing; hope all the Hatters are having a good weekend!

Janet - hope the light traffic let you get all your errands done!
    cbm: hope you scored at the Talbots sale!
    Time2/Seehee: huge IPOU's on your weight losses... doing the happy dance for both of you! Well done!
    Patrice: keeping fingers crossed your "whoosh" happens sooner than later for you.. but hang in there it WILL happen!
    TA: wowsa.. what a week! so sorry to hear all that happened, congrats on keeping it together thru all of it! hope your littlest one is on the mend!
    Tonya: tuff times never last but tough people do! Glad to see the pups arrived to help out and hope you're enjoying dinner with your friends today!

Off to scrub the bathroom top to bottom.. that oughta burn me enuf calories to have a dipped frozen yogurt bar!:bigsmile:
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    @ snoozie.....

1 pair grey cords - size 14
    1 pair purple cords - size 14
    1 pair denim trousers - size 14

2 pair grey dress pants - 1 pair size 14 / 1 pair size 16

pre sale - 457.00
    my cost - 342.75

it could have been a lot worse - shhh... don't tell hubby... "smiles"...
  • TArnold2012
    Options
    Looks like you ladies are having a good weekend.

This weekend was the Main to Main rummage sale for our area. It is a 25 mile stretch of highway that runs across our parish where people set up their sales and people drive from sale to sale. My daughter (that had the wreck) set up and I gave her all the clothes that I had cleaned out of our closets. So I am making some progress in clearing out things !!!

Madison (little one) is much better today and fever clear for 24 hours now so unless something changes she can get back to school tomorrow.

Got lesson plans done early and should be an easier week since we have Tuesday off for the election.

Wishing everyone a great week !!!
  • kobiemom
    kobiemom Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    It sounds like everyone had a frantic week last week. I hope this week is better. We got all of the storm stuff put back over the weekend. That's a start. I'm starting to exercise and track intake this week after a month off for surgery. I still feel puffy and slow with too much to do. Every time I feel overwhelmed, I think of the storm victims and realize how blessed I am. Our church is putting together clean-up buckets to send to the disaster effort. A five-gallon bucket filled with cleaning products and supplies for each home. Some are dropping off supplies and some are putting the buckets together for transport. I'm determined to get over there and help. Have a great week!
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    So, I ate 938 cals, - 545 (exerise - zumba)... = 393 net... hmmm - maybe a yogurt and fruit to snack on (since I have 977 cals remaining) - smiles.... :happy: :laugh:
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    voting will be interesting today.....

Brian Jr will go on his own - first time - do you remember your first time voting? Thinking 1981......

Brian Sr - on his way home from work....

Me - on the way home from work....

Remember, if you don't vote, don't complain.....
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I voted early. My first was 1984.....