Like Minded Lushes - November 2012

Options
rjadams
rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
Happy November!!!!

Hot toddys, mulled wine and EggNOG!!! It's that time of year that friends, family and holidays make drinking so easy to do. As we continue to struggle with alcohols affect on our weight loss or maintenance let's unite in our lushiness and embrace the challenge to do both! (lose/ maintain and drink!)

Hope you all had a wonderful Halloween.

Replies

• rjadams
    Options
    Mama Lush view of the world:bigsmile:

theglass.jpg
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Love your view of the world Robin :wink:

Last night we went out and had a delicious dinner, didn't overeat but definitely over drank. I had 4 1/2 strong beers.
    Tonight, my sister in law and her friend (they are visiting from Houston) are coming over for dinner that means wine.
    Between the hurricane, halloween and my sister in law visiting I can not wait to get back to normalcy. Next week, I am kicking it into high gear and getting my *kitten* back to the gym and keeping alcohol to a minimum. I hurt :laugh:
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Made it through Halloween without binging on candy or drinking, very proud of myself!

Sunday-0
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0

Tonight's plan is zero!

And its November...officially my last month in my 20's :cry:
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    Yay November!

Robin - Love it :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: !

Kblue - Normal can be good, but look at all the fun you had :wink:

ChLoe - You have a right to be proud...Look at all those 0's! Turning 30 sucks BTW! For some reason though 40 wasn't so bad, not sure why it was that way for me. Not sure about 50, I still have time to fret about that one.

Wednesday - 1/2 bottle of white wine
    Thursday - some Kahlua in my coffee and it is not even noon , but I don't think I am going to have any other drinks today.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    MamaLush....perfect and I think I may have:wink: the same view

Kate...it's tough to balance it and that is way we are here!!

Chole, I am impressed...25 and 46 are the two that really bothered me. Anyway, I hope you enjoy your birthday month. :drinker:

Diana, way to wake up!!

Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 0
    Wednesday, 4 total - 6 oz of vodka
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    First off I just can't believe it's November. My Momma's birthday is Sunday and my Gram's is on the 11th. My amazing husband and I are taking them to a nice food tasting, tons of food and drinks. I think they'll love it, my Gram will be 89 but absolutely does not look even close to it, I hope when I grow up I am half the woman she is and that I look as fabulous as she does :heart:

Ok,

Mama Lush - I definitely have the same frame of mind and I do believe I'm going to make myself a bloody mary after I post this :drinker:

Kblue - I'm right there with you! I'll be hitting the work outs hard on Monday :glasses:

Chloe - Awesome job with all that self control :flowerforyou: and Happy Birthday month!!!

Wolf - Good luck with no drinks the rest of this thirsty Thursday :tongue:

I had 3 pieces of candy yesterday and one fun size pack of Starburst jelly candy things. I'm more a salty girl so I also had roasted and salted pumpkin seeds :smile: Drinks flowed freely haha. I've got my after Halloween blues as usual :frown: so I think I'll make a bloody mary and just hang with the fur babes on the couch. TOM showed up so I've got 0 energy so I'll take down the decorations this weekend instead of today so it's at least still Halloween until then :smile: Husband will be late again tonight but we've got a nice dinner date tomorrow right down the street from our home and we're doing their tasting menu so there will probably be a couple bottles of wine :drinker:

Hope everyone has a terrific thirsty Thursday :drinker:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I agree with Diana...30 was much worse for me than 40. I think because by 40 you've figured out the whole kids/career thing and life is much more clear. For me anyway.
    Btw..great job on all those 0s, Chloe!
    Kate, you've been such a trooper during your injury!
    I had a 0 last night and couldn't be happier to say good bye to October. 21 more days til my son comes home...not that I'm counting or anything. :bigsmile:
  • rjadams
    Options
    Chloe 30 was the hardest. My birthday that year was on Sunday of Memorial Day weekend. I started drinking on Friday night and didnt stop until late Monday. I never saw my birthday come or go that year. 40 was pleasant 50 was just another day really.

Kat my dad is almost 91 and barely looks 70t. He is still traveling the world and even still teaching at the University every once in a while. I would love to live the life he is living when I am that age. I could really use a bloody mary right now.

Wolf (Diana) - I would start my day that way everyday if I didn't have to work.

Kblue - I need to get back into the groove. I have become a real slacker.

I am on the computer more today because my boss is on vacation. Yay!!!!!!!!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    owwww, Robin, when the cat's away...the mice will play :happy:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    YAY for bosses being vacation!!

Chloe-honestly 30 was NOTHING to me. Now I am 32 and it still doesn't bother me. I still feel like a friggin kid. Try not to let it get to you! Life is fun no matter how old you are :flowerforyou:
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    Chloe, my 30's have BY FAR been the best decade. I was old enough to know better but young enough to not care. :laugh:

Last night I had a 32 oz. Captain Morgan and Fresca...NOM. My husband "made it up" in college (calls it a K.Corr cream soda) and it's so frelling good. It really does taste like a cream soda. I sipped on that whilst schlepping around with the kids for Halloween.
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    Thanks for the support lushes.....honestly I still feel like I'm 23, so it just seems hard to believe I'm getting older...and Kate that is exactly what my husband says!
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    last night was a very nice bottle of sparkling rose.

Tonight is a big fat 0, day 1 down.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 0
    Wednesday, 4 total - 6 oz of vodka
    Thursday, 0
    Friday, 6 glasses

Total: 10

Another zero for me!! Tomorrow is wine tasting, so much wine WILL be had.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    This has been a very lushy day but spaced out. I cannot wait to finally be able to spend some time with my husband tomorrow on our what should be an amazing date night :heart: I feel like kblue, I definitely get bored when hubby isn't home :tongue:
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Chloe, 30 was my toughest birthday 'til 60, but extraordinary is right, the 30's were my best decade by far!

11/1=1 pint but walked 20 minutes instead of arriving early and having two :wink:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    30's are the new 20's Chloe! I agree, I'm liking 30's better than 20's so far (at 32).

To summarize:
    Sun - trashed ??
    Mon - 0
    Tues - 7oz white
    Wed - 3 glasses of wine, 3 sips of 312 urban wheat
    Thurs - the rest of that 312, 1oz kettle one with splash of water and limes

Tonight is girls dinner and then home and early night. I anticipate no more that 5. Tomorrow I don't think we have plans. I've done relatively well drinking in moderation this week other than Sunday.

I'm considering a sober January. I'm being realistic and know November and December won't work for me.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    last night I probably had a little over 1/2 a bottle of wine with my husband, sister in law and her friend, I went to bed relatively early so I feel good this morning. Tonight we are going out to dinner then a haunted attraction, then spending the next two days at my in laws. I am exhausted. I can not believe I am looking forward to monday when all things calm a bit...atleast for a few days!!!
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    Sunday-0
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday-0

I was talking to my mom last night and she said having a daughter that is turning 30 is much tougher than actually being the one that turns 30....haha didn't realize this bday may be tougher on her!

Better- I LOVE 312!!!!

Almost gave in last night and had some wine, but I stayed strong. Going to dinner with some girlfriends tonight, prelogged 2 glasses of wine and 2 beers. I am really going to try to just stick with that. Tomorrow I am making chili and having some friends over, so I am sure wine. Sunday I have a lot going on, but I should be able to keep it at zero, we will see though.
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Quick in and out here. (At work) HAPPY FRIDAY!!!