Like Minded Lushes - November 2012

Options

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    " ... Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel , "Pick up your shovels, mount your *kitten* and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land."

Nearly 75 years ago, (when Welfare was introduced) Roosevelt said, "Lay down your shovels, sit on your *kitten*, and light up a Camel, this is the Promised Land."

Today, Congress has stolen your shovel, taxed your *kitten*, raised the price of Camels and mortgaged the Promised Land! I was so depressed last night thinking about Health Care Plans, the economy, the wars, lost jobs, savings, Social Security, retirement funds, etc.... I called a Suicide Hotline. I had to press (1) for English. I was connected to a call center in Pakistan . I told them I was suicidal. They got excited and asked if I could drive a truck......
    Folks....we're screwed."
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Beer and wine yesterday and this week is fair game as we have 2 Thanksgivings. The first of the two is tomorrow at our house and we usually host both but Kyle's dad wants to stay home this year so our 2nd Thanksgiving will be at his parents which is actually a welcomed relief. I love hosting but having two Thanksgivings with all the fixings only a day apart is exhausting. We're going to get the turkey tonight and some other goodies at Whole Foods, think we'll just pick something up for dinner or go out so we don't have to use any plates that we'll need for tomorrow. I'll vacuum right before people come tomorrow so the house will look great, smell great and be full of family :heart:
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    Going crazy trying to find Burnett's candy cane vodka. The two package stores I frequent do not carry it...which makes me want to try it even more. cry-smiley.gif
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Going crazy trying to find Burnett's candy cane vodka. The two package stores I frequent do not carry it...which makes me want to try it even more. cry-smiley.gif

Can they order it for you?
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Hello lushes, got back from our 18 day cruise last Sunday and I only gained 3.6 pounds! As of this morning 3 lbs were already gone. I can honestly say there was not ONE 0 day on the cruise and not one day last week during the post cruise let down. And since this is a holiday week it would just be wrong not to have drinks.

Sorry to hear about the lay off, my son-in-law also got laid off about 3 weeks ago. Luckily he started back again today but lay offs during the holiday season are really bad if you have kids.

Have you seen the little pouches of vodka and rum? They are about the size of lens cleaners or hand wipes but a bit puffier. We got some to smuggle on the cruise and let me tell you, that rum was the nastiest stuff I have ever tasted. Just an FYI if you see them and decide to pick them up to take with you. The vodka was okay though.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Sticking to my rule so I got on the dreadmill when I got home. When Doug and I got to work today we both decided that we didn''t want to do this the rest of the week so tomorrow and Wednesday are vacation days and then the holiday. 6 days of no work! *nose in the air, ears a'floppin, happy dance!!!!*

raspberry vodka and lemon soda tonight. waiting to check out the liquor store wednesday cuz the owner dude said he hoped to have the Stoli salted Carmel vodka. can't wait.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Yay Robin! Nothing like a few days off to recharge the ol batteries! I wish the husband could do the same. Its 9pm and he's been at work since 7am. Ugh.

0 tonight. Should be a moderate week. I just need it to be Wednesday afternoon already. :tongue:
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I so wish I have taken today and tomorrow off! Enjoy!

I had wine last night, LOTS of wine...about 18oz. I was originally going to have none then just a glass, then we got caught up in our new favorite TV show obsession, thy name is Homeland, and decided to have another glass.
    I will most likely have wine again tonight.......
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Love Homeland!! We are 2 epis behind tho.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    We just started watching it sunday afternoon and are already half way through the first season...obsess much, yes yes we do!!!!!!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Monday- 2 glasses of wine with dinner and then one more when I got home from the movie

Tonight will be zero and probably my only one for the week!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    waiting to check out the liquor store wednesday cuz the owner dude said he hoped to have the Stoli salted Carmel vodka. can't wait.

I'm going to be looking for that as well!!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Its 9pm and he's been at work since 7am. Ugh.

Sounds like we married guys of the same stock...
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, 0

Had a bit of a cold over the weekend and finally get up a bit today. Went to barre yoga and got that done nice and early. I am off to the liquor as soon as I am done with my computer chores.

Hoping for a 0 tonight.

Hi, McDebbie.

Kate, have fun watching your shows.

Lots to do today, I'm out!!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    We just started watching it sunday afternoon and are already half way through the first season...obsess much, yes yes we do!!!!!!
    I'll be interested to hear what you think about season 2. 1st season was awesome.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Hi lovely lushes, just popping by to check in. I know I haven't been around much but reading about all the yummy alcohol consumed was making me drool uncontrollably :tongue:

Anyway, day 20 I'm still alcohol free, successfully resisted my son's chocolate birthday cake yesterday too. I think the main reason I feel like having a drink at the moment is because I'm finding work very stressful. Even on days off I'm worrying about upcoming deadlines and all the outstanding things I need to do :grumble:
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    Yvonne, you are doing awesome! I'm always impressed by you fortitude during the Sober November!

Work happy hour tonight, but I'm driving so ill stick to one. Party tomorrow night, turkey day on Thursday...yeah, I'm gonna be tossed.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 2 big beers at lunch, like 11:30....and 2 1/2 at dinner

I am RIDICULOUS!! Worked out at 8:15 this morning, ran errands and then drank big beers before noon.

Oh, and I found the caramel vodka...Robin, let me know if you have probs getting it, I will send you a bottle if so:happy:

Yvonne, great job on the month. I want to try in January but am already planning a pub crawl that includes 4 breweries. I am hopeless.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Kim, that sounds like a fabulous day to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dexter + 2 episodes of Homeland = lots of wine last night
    Tonight, wine for sure, while prepping my thanksgiving day contributions....hmmm maybe a salted caramel vodka martini :wink:
    Tomorrow will be filled with beer, manhattans and wine
    Friday-One of our favorite bars is opening at 7am. They tap some of the most amazing beers and people line up at the door to get in!! Last year (we weren't there) they locked the doors at 10am because the place was so full!!! So we are going to wake up at 4am, get a cab to get us there by 530am and wait in line for 1 1/2hrs so we get a seat. Who needs black friday shopping when you can drink amazing beers at 7am, haha...a bit crazy, yes we are!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Saturday-Lenny and I are going to a Sly Fox brewery tour then my sister in law and her fiance are coming over to spend the night.
    Sunday-I am probably going to wish I was dead, haha!!!

Happy Thanksgiving all!!!!!
    xoxo
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Monday- 3 glass of red
    Tuesday- ZERO!

Tonight I don't think we are going to get crazy like we usually do. We might just go for dinner somewhere and have a couple drinks at the bar down the street. I hate being hungover on Thanksgiving (which I usually am). Tomorrow we go to my family's at noon and then Mike's around 4......WINE WINE WINE!!!! He is in sales, so he has to be at work at 6 on Friday, so not too late of a night. Friday I will be making Christmas candies all day with my little sister and then having people over to order pizza that evening....and while we make candy we drink!!!!! No big plans for Saturday and Sunday though.

Kate- Can I say ROCKSTAR! I fully expect you to be in an alcohol induced coma on Sunday after the weekend you have planned!!! Sooo jealous of your Friday plans btw!