Like Minded Lushes - November 2012

Options

Replies

• zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Thu - 5 beers. A friend came out of hiding.
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    I've been limiting myself to 1 (a double, natch) per night...last night I had two. One pre-volleyball game drink and one post. I'm down for a Just Say No January as well. It would be interesting to see what it does for my weight.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options

TGIF everyone. 5 days and counting until I get to hug that 6'2" much missed son of mine!

Awwwwwww :flowerforyou:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Over 500 layoffs at the husbands office today. He was not one of them. Things are so effed up there that he's trying to decide if still having a job there is good news or bad.

There will be wine and/or vodka consumed tonight.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Sydney, does he work for Hostess? JK...not funny...Ron has been thru more layoffs than he can even remember. It's an awful sinking feeling to go thru those even as a spouse.

So, Ron, went to a chiropractor today for the first time and a miracle has happened. He can walk withou pain. It has literally been over 10 years and 2 hip replacements. He is walking all over the house with a huge smile and bending over properly. 1 visit. I am amazed and happy. He wants to celebrate and what's a girl to do? Not drink tequila!!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    But I realize that my husband is a private person at work and really doesn't feel comfortable with business and personal lives mixing.

Kind of funny story here. When my Dad was marrying my Mom, he never told his parents or siblings about me. So, at the wedding, they were floored when they saw a toddler running around yelling "mommy" at the bride. I think he was a private person as well and that was that.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Sydney, does he work for Hostess? JK...not funny...Ron has been thru more layoffs than he can even remember. It's an awful sinking feeling to go thru those even as a spouse.

So, Ron, went to a chiropractor today for the first time and a miracle has happened. He can walk withou pain. It has literally been over 10 years and 2 hip replacements. He is walking all over the house with a huge smile and bending over properly. 1 visit. I am amazed and happy. He wants to celebrate and what's a girl to do? Not drink tequila!!

Haha..no not Hostess. At least I'd have endless supply of Ding Dongs if he worked there. (does hostess make those? Twinkies are blech btw)
    And I'm pretty sure you know what a girl is to do. :wink:
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options

Awesome for your husband (and you!!) He has to feel incredible!! :drinker:

Well, my husband is "up north" hunting - all us Michiganders refer to anywhere north in the state as up north. Normally I go with him but with my daughter and her recent hosp stay, I didn't want to leave her alone...so her and I stayed home. I miss hunting but happy to spend time with my girl :flowerforyou: and it was the first Friday night in forever that I had ZERO drinks! :tongue:
  • zippo32
    Options
    Fri - 2 beers
    W
    H
    A
    T
    !
    !
  • mallory71
    mallory71 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I had way too much to drink today. I could go for some hostess cupcakes right now also :(
    vodka 2
    red wine 2
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Very lushy week....thinking I need to dry out today!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-5
    Thursday-6
    Friday-half bottle of wine and 3 312 drafts sooo we will say 5
    Saturday- whole bottle of wine and 3 amstel lites so 7

so if today stays a zero (which I think it will) then I have 23 total for the week. And I am sure next week wont be much better!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I lost count of the drinks on Friday. :noway:
    0 yesterday.
    Maybe some wine today? But not before a good workout.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    torched cherry rum and then a bottle of red. Oy!
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    Hungover.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    Oh my ...the lushes have been lushy gargle-blaster-smiley.gif Got to love the stress of the upcoming holidays!

Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 1/2 bottle wine
    Thursday - 0
    Friday - 1 hard cider , 1 screwdriver, 1 vodka/diet cream soda
    Saturday - 1/2 bottle wine
    Sunday - probably something
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Friday-beer and wine
    Saturday-champagne, screwdriver, beer, manhattan, beer, wine, wine...several of each!
    Sunday-1/2 beer
    Monday-I was supposed to have dinner with my gf but she can't make it so it should be zero!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Had a successful zero yesterday!

Tonight I am going to see breaking dawn with the best friend. We are going to dinner first, so I will probably have a glass of wine. Normally we sneak in some mini bottles of wine to the movie, but I don't know if I will have time to grab some.
  • zippo32
    Options
    Sat - 2 beers
    Sun - 3 beers
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, 0
    Tuesday, super lushy 9'ish
    Wednesday, 0
    Thursday, 0
    Friday, 2
    Saturday, 2
    Sunday, 7

Total: 20

Doesn't seem like a lot but I really need to watch those binge days...

I am sure that this week will be shot to hell as we are meeting people out for drinks on Wednesday and will be going until Saturday. I'm defiinitely going to keep count to monitor the damage.

Let the week begin....
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I had way too much to drink today. I could go for some hostess cupcakes right now also :(
    vodka 2
    red wine 2

LOL...I do confess to like a good hostess cupcake once in a while