Like Minded Lushes - November 2012

Options

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Amcanzo, sorry to hear of your daughter and glad that she is doing better....soooooo scary.

Yvonne, you are amazing with the NO-NO November. When I grow up, I want to be like you. Oh, no, I am grown up. :sad: And, who the hell tried to sabotage someone with donuts :angry:

Chole, mmmmm baileys.

Monday, 0
    Tuesday, super lushy
    Wednesday, 0

Between Saturday and Tuesday, I think I will be sober for a long, long time.

On Tuesday, I backed out of the garage and hit my son's car. Not a lot of damage but DAMN IT. Just another thing.
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options

On Tuesday, I backed out of the garage and hit my son's car. Not a lot of damage but DAMN IT. Just another thing.

Oh no!!! That's awful!!! Boo :sad: I think that probably requires a sympathy drink! :drinker:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Amcanzo I'm glad your daughter is alright :flowerforyou:

Kblue I will be having wine right along with you tonight :drinker:

Lots of wine last night. Wine tonight, husband is overnight in NY for business. Wine tomorrow with mom and gram :smile: Certainly wine on Saturday as we're having the in laws, mom and gram over to make a nice dinner to celebrate mom and Gram's birthdays :smile:
  • nisijam5
    Options

Oh no!!! That's awful!!! Boo :sad: I think that probably requires a sympathy drink! :drinker:

It required SEVERAL...
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Amcanzo, I'm glad to hear your daughter is getting better, it's times like that when you really appreciate having someone to lean on.

Chloe...baileys.....drool.....jealous.....

Nisijam, alcohol is the best answer to something like that!

As to the saboteur at work I got the usual lecture about 'you don't need to watch what eat, you don't need to lose weight' etc. Well actually it's because I do watch what I eat most of the time and exercise that I'm in reasonable shape!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    You all are doing great. I am not doing so well. Too much rut, too much vodka. I only had 9000 steps when I got home last night so I did my dreadmill duty. I am sure I will have to again tonight because I haven't even left my desk to use the restroom yet.
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Got in a good bike ride and now having a glass of wine. Don't want to overdo it because I want to get in a work out before spending the day with Mom and Gram tomorrow.

Mama Lush I hope your rut lifts soon :frown: they are no fun. I've been in a tiny one lately. Husband has only told one person and the official paper work people about our marriage, nobody else at his work even knew he was engaged and then he came home not wearing his ring. I know some of you don't wear your rings but they are a big symbol to me and he never took the other ring I bought him off except to work out so it just rubbed me the wrong way :ohwell:

With that said I am now going to relax the rest of the night.

Happy lushing on this thirsty Thursday :flowerforyou:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Amcanzo..you know I've been sending good thoughts your way..I'm glad daughter is doing better.
    Kim....you deserved to be lushy! Sorry about your fender bender.
    Mama lush...I swear my husband was about to kill a Boeing exercutive the other day in a meeting. His boss has promised him that he's got a new position for him in the near future..it can't be soon enough because I don't think he (or I) can survive much longer in the job he's in!! Hope things look up for you soon as well.

I had a crappy day..but did manage to get my computer fixed after many attempts and almost throwing it out the back door so the golfers could run over it with their carts. :grumble:
    Pizza and wine for me tonight.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Robin sorry to hear you're in a rut, can you go for a short walk at lunch time if that's possible where you are? I always find it harder to get motivated as the days get shorter and the weather gets colder :frown:

Kat, that would make me a bit upset too, have you been able to talk to him about it? Hugs x
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, 0
    Tuesday, super lushy 9'ish
    Wednesday, 0
    Thursday, 0

Total: 9

Kat, sounds like hubs is kind of private about this whole matter. Maybe, he doesn't want people at work to know about his personal life. Either way, it stills hurts and I hope that he does the right thing.

After 2 nearly back-to-back episodes of uncontrolled lushiness (both of which involved tequila), I need to take a step back. That's not the way I want to live my life and it's definitely not the way I want the kids to see me. So, I am going to be sober until next Wednesday, Thanksgiving Eve.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Husband's BFF in from Phoenix + 2 days off work in a row = I lost count of how much wine I've had and feel like @ss today. At Work. Boo. I'm sort of looking forward to Sober January. But I've got Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Years to get through first. UGh.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I think that I could be convinced into sober Just Say No - January...I'll have to work on a cleaver name. I'd be better off working on a plan.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Spoke too soon yesterday about my knee...by the end of the day pain was radiating throughout my leg and I was muscle spasms in my thigh.....today seems to be back to about where it was before the shot so fingers crossed it stays that way. We are heading to Baltimore tonight, for the weekend and if it gets worse you should all feel bad for Lenny....2 1/2+ hrs in the car will not be fun :wink:

I had almost of bottle of wine last night. Got to bed early so I don't feel too bad.

Leaving work early for an ultrasound then home to pack!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    I think that I could be convinced into sober Just Say No - January...I'll have to work on a cleaver name. I'd be better off working on a plan.

Let's do it! My husband is one board too. Which is necessary. We talk about having sober periods all the time, but the only time it's stuck was when I was prego. I need to hit the reset button and take it down a couple notches. Of course after the lush filled holiday season.....
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Of course after the lush filled holiday season.....

..................we'll be ready.....................
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Was not planning on drinking last night, but our gay friends had what they like to call Gaysgiving....basically just Thanksgiving dinner with a bunch of gay guys :laugh: So I had probably about a bottle of wine and 2 apple pie shots, but it was a blast! Tonight we are starting to put up our Christmas decs, so I am sure I will have cocktails while doing that. Basically I know I will be bad though the end of November now.

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-5
    Thursday-about a bottle of wine, so we will say 4

edited to add the 2 large apple pie shots I had as well last night....so I guess last nights number is 6
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Dammit miss kblue...I was really hoping that knee would be feeling better! :flowerforyou:
    Ugh kim...I don't even keep tequila in the house anymore. I have enough issues with vodka.

Only one glass of wine last night but 3 pieces of pizza. I avoided the scale today :ohwell: I've got to get in a good workout today to try to undo the damage.
    TGIF everyone. 5 days and counting until I get to hug that 6'2" much missed son of mine!
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options

TGIF everyone. 5 days and counting until I get to hug that 6'2" much missed son of mine!

Awwwww....so sweet!!! Give him lots and lots of hugs - they have to hold you over!!! :bigsmile:
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Thank you ladies, you always make me feel better =} And yes, we've talked about it but he doesn't really have an answer for it. He told one guy and then aside from the people that take care of who's his beneficiary nobody knows. I understand not wanting to invite anyone to the wedding because he's got a small office so it would make things weird but not even telling the guys he's close with that he was engaged and now married? It's just strange to me and I know one person in particular, her name is Barb, that will not be happy with him when he finally does tell people because she'll have wanted to know the whole time haha. Maybe we'll talk about it tonight when he gets back from NY.

Kim there are definitely some lushy badness memories I've got that have made me want to give up drinking completely but it always reels me back in :tongue:

Kblue I'm so sorry you're injured :ohwell: hope you get better soon!

I ended up having more wine than expected last night and felt it this morning so I went back to sleep. Got up and worked out and now feel great aside from exhausted. Spending the day with Mom and Gram and currently having spiked cider and probably wine later :drinker:

Happy Friday all!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Here I am lushing along in my lushy rut. Lots of vodka last night. But I still couldn't go to sleep last night. I think it was the jog on the dreadmill when I got home that woke my body up. Needless to say 4 hours of sleep didn't do much for me today at work:yawn: .

When Doug and I do tequila we have to really watch out for each other because it can get ugly. We only do it every so often now.

Kat, people that I worked with that also worked with Doug didn't know he had a girlfriend much less one that lived with him for 10 years. He shocked people when we got married and he told them who he was marrying. When I first started working with these people and I realized that noone even knew I existed in Doug's life, I was hurt. But I realize that my husband is a private person at work and really doesn't feel comfortable with business and personal lives mixing. It has gotten better.

Here's to a lively lovely lushy start to the weekend:drinker: :drinker: