Metrosexual Men (high maintenance men)

Options

Replies

• Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Is it metro to pluck your eyebrows because they are freaking blinding you!?
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Here is my list of reasonable moments for a guy to cry for emotional reasons:

Death of a child of your own or someone close to you
    Dog dies
    immediate family member dies
    best friend dies
    Anytime you hear Al Michaels say "Do you believe in miracles... YES" <----name that moment for bonus points!!
    You sell your dream car
    Hearing the National Anthem for the first time after 9/11

That's all I got.

1980 winter Olympics when the USA hockey team beat the Russians to win the gold medal.

wrong. they did not win the gold medal when they beat the Russians. they won it against Finland.
    I stand corrected on that fact.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Ermm, no!!
  • Cameron_1969
    Options

Dog dies
    best friend dies
    Anytime you hear Al Michaels say "Do you believe in miracles... YES" <----name that moment for bonus points!!
    You sell your dream car

That's all I got.

1980 winter Olympics when the USA hockey team beat the Russians to win the gold medal.

wrong. they did not win the gold medal when they beat the Russians. they won it against Finland.
    I stand corrected on that fact.

See. . I remembered it as the Russian's too. . not disputing your fact. . but wasn't the game where we beat the Russian's a huge deal. .or did we even beat them? Guess I'm gonna have to go watch that movie again. . Or I could just google it. . but I think I want to watch that movie again. . ;0
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options

Dog dies
    best friend dies
    You sell your dream car

That's all I got.

wrong. both wins led to gold, so it's not technically correct to say they won it "against Finland." at the time, the medal round was a four-team round robin format (USA, Soviet Union, Sweden, Finland), with gold going to the team with the most points upon completion. while it's true the US played Finland last, they received the same number of points (2) for that win as their win over the Soviet Union (not Russia, btw). ergo, both wins were equally important.

--P
  • Cameron_1969
    Options

Dog dies
    best friend dies
    You sell your dream car

That's all I got.

wrong. both wins led to gold, so it's not technically correct to say they won it "against Finland." at the time, the medal round was a four-team round robin format (USA, Soviet Union, Sweden, Finland), with gold going to the team with the most points upon completion. while it's true the US played Finland last, they received the same number of points (2) for that win as their win over the Soviet Union (not Russia, btw). ergo, both wins were equally important.

--P

Excellent bit of recall!. . (still gonna watch the movie again, though. .even though you gave away the ending).
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

Dog dies
    best friend dies
    You sell your dream car

That's all I got.

--P

of course they had to win the tournament by winning enough games. the point was they won the gold after beating Finland and they did not win the gold by beating the russians. as evidenced in this thread most people think it was beating the russians that won the gold.
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options

Dog dies
    best friend dies
    You sell your dream car

That's all I got.

--P

of course they had to win the tournament by winning enough games. the point was they won the gold after beating Finland and they did not win the gold by beating the russians. as evidenced in this thread most people think it was beating the russians that won the gold.

"after beating Finland" is fine. but "against Finland" is not. and again, the "russians" did not participate in that tournament.

--P
  • Cameron_1969
    Options
    It was the whole cold war thing. . and the fact that we didn't have our pros playing and everyone else did. .it was awesome regardless! U. . S. . A
    U. . S. . A
    U. . S. . A
    U. . S. . A
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options

Dog dies
    best friend dies
    You sell your dream car

That's all I got.

--P

Glad to see a much more manly conversation going on here, boys! Bravo!!
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    I do not consider myself to be metrosexual or high maintenance.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

As long as you don't with the girly, thin and shaped look it's fine.
  • Cameron_1969
    Options

Cool. .What about a pedicure. .my heels are all cracked and nasty. .
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Glad to see a much more manly conversation going on here, boys! Bravo!!

was the KLM line for the russians in existence at that point? Krutov, Larionov and Malkov(or Makarov)? tretiak was the goalie but he was pulled during the game i think. and im blanking on the russians coach.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

Call me crazy, but I like it when a mans hands and feet are used. Besides, it's kind of a fun pastime to rub feet like that. If they're too soft it's not as interesting, hahaha!
  • CassiusKnox
    CassiusKnox Posts: 305 Member
    Options

Maintenance of hair is one thing... but pedicures??? Be careful Bro. You are heading into Metro territory there.

Do you own a hair straightener? If not you are probably ok... but watch yourself.
  • Cameron_1969
    Options

Maintenance of hair is one thing... but pedicures??? Be careful Bro. You are heading into Metro territory there.

Do you own a hair straightener? If not you are probably ok... but watch yourself.

Only for my back hair. . The hair on my head is short.
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options

I'm fairly metro, but there's no way in hell I'd get a manicure or pedicure. I focus on the big things, like having a decent tan, wearing decent cloths, "manscaping", etc etc.
  • Cameron_1969
    Options

I'm fairly metro, but there's no way in hell I'd get a manicure or pedicure. I focus on the big things, like having a decent tan, wearing decent cloths, "manscaping", etc etc.

Chicken
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    pedicures are only a necessity if you dont keep your toenails trimmed and have cracked heels. trust me that stuff scratches like a mofo in bed. i've banned boyfriends from my bed until they got that taken care of. i'm not trying to get cut when i get my freak on :laugh: