July 2013 Babies

Options

Replies

• freeasharold
    freeasharold Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    The quilt is gorgeous :)

My midwife won't do any cervix checks until I am in active labor, but as of today I am pretty sure I am losing my plug (TMI?) So that is hopeful that things are pointing towards go time? Had a few painful contractions last night, but they went away and am back to my constant PIA braxton hicks.

Thinking of you Krista!
  • kimberly_grubbs
    kimberly_grubbs Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You ladies are so crafty! I love it and wish I had your talent! I just started my maternity leave today, and it feels awesome - I actually slept well last night which I was not expecting one bit!

@freeasharold - I think with my next pregnancy I'll forego the cervix checks until maybe 39 weeks. They started them at 36 and as a FTM I just went with it. I've had the same measurements for 4 weeks now! The third week was super disappointing because my doctor really thought I would go a few days early and then had no progress. This last one I just assumed everything would be the same as it has, and I was right!

@krista and @dawn keep us posted! glad to see you're both making progress!

We're all almost there!! :)
  • kellykneppergrundy
    kellykneppergrundy Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the compliments on the quilt. I was hoping it was a lucky charm and that as soon as I finished it the baby would come but no such luck!

yay! Babies are starting to be born. Make sure and give us your birth stories when you get a chance ladies, I love a good birth story!

Freeasharold: How are you doing? I lost my mucus plug (Gosh, what a horrible term!) the morning I had my daughter, so hopefully you won't be waiting too much longer.

I'm on day 3 of false labour with random but very painful contractions, backache, the works. I got really excited Wednesday thinking that was going to be it. The midwife said it could go on for weeks, so I'm not excited anymore, just dreading days and days of contractions for nothing.
    Then the hospital called to say my consultant forgot to sign off my homebirth and I'd have to come in in two weeks when he was back from his holiday to get it approved. And if I went into labour in the meantime that I would have to have the baby in hospital. I explained I'd be having the baby at home regardless. They weren't very happy but thankfully my midwives rang them up and gave them what for and told them I'd be doing whatever I liked.

Oh and I never had a cervical check with my first until I was in labour and 7cm dilated. I can't see the point of them!

Anyone feeling any twinges?
  • heathermora11
    heathermora11 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    no news here, sorry! i have been having practice contractions off and on, but nothing very strong and they go away once I lay down to rest. no cervical checks for me... I feel they can be misleading, and I get too anxious about stuff like that! I have even asked my midwife to not tell me what I am at during active labor because last time it messed with my head (got excited, then disappointed... I would rather just not know this time!) Anyhoo, just practicing my Hypnobirthing relaxation and visualizations, everything is ready to go. Got super excited when I pulled out all my cloth diapers yesterday and snapped them all down to newborn size :)
  • freeasharold
    freeasharold Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am so excited to hear birth stories!

Kelly like you I am also having "false labor" and have also been told it could go on for weeks. Ugh. Sometimes painful, sometimes not. I am so glad your midwives got things sorted out for you regarding your home birth!
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    nothing new here. I was really expecting to go into labor by this point, and disappointed because as of 5pm today my dr is on vacation for the next week, so she definitely wont be the one delivering the baby :(
    I have had off and on painful contractions, but nothing is sticking. I already get up every 1.5-2 hrs to go to the bathroom at night, and now on top of that I am having trouble getting back to sleep. I am averaging 2-3 hrs per night the past 3 days.

My due date is in 2 days, and I was hoping to deliver by then but now I am not thinking that will happen. If not, due to my "mature age" I will be induced sometime next week.....
  • igottaworkout
    igottaworkout Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    nothing new here. I was really expecting to go into labor by this point, and disappointed because as of 5pm today my dr is on vacation for the next week, so she definitely wont be the one delivering the baby :(
    I have had off and on painful contractions, but nothing is sticking. I already get up every 1.5-2 hrs to go to the bathroom at night, and now on top of that I am having trouble getting back to sleep. I am averaging 2-3 hrs per night the past 3 days.

My due date is in 2 days, and I was hoping to deliver by then but now I am not thinking that will happen. If not, due to my "mature age" I will be induced sometime next week.....

Aww, I hope you feel better soon and that you get a decent night's sleep before you go into labor! It's too bad that your doc will be away :( Good luck, I have a feeling your next post will be your birth story :)
  • igottaworkout
    Options
    Nothing to report here yet either.. Ramped up heartburn, false contractions that have really been going more often but other then that I feel pretty good. I don't even have to go to the bathroom that often at night, usually just twice. My appetite decreased this week though and it's also probably because of the heartburn, it gets so bad at night, I'm really looking forward to not having that again.

I can't wait to read some birth stories too!!! :) I just sewed my baby a tiny buckwheat pillow and three pillow cases to prevent flat head (I used it for all of my kids and none of them ever had any hint of flat head, and they all love their pillows still so I needed to make baby his own) :)
  • dawnemjh
    Options
    Today is my due date and it looks like I wont be going yet. I was certain I was in labor last night. Started getting cramping around 9pm then by 11 full on contractions every 5-10 minutes that lasted all night. I was up all night long and at 4am I even got dressed and got my bags ready cause I was sure that within an hour or so I would be heading to the hospital. Then out of nowhere at 7am contractions completely stopped :sad: :grumble:

I just cant believe that I was went through that all night and end up with nothing. I wouldn't mind so much going over my due date if it wasn't for all these false alarms. I am so done with this. I haven't slept more than 2 hours since last Tuesday. I don't even feel excited about the baby cause I am so miserable and exhausted... Not to mention that it is 90 degrees here and like 80%humidity.

UGH. sorry. Needed to vent. I hope you all are having better luck than me!
  • kellykneppergrundy
    Options
    Today is my due date and it looks like I wont be going yet. I was certain I was in labor last night. Started getting cramping around 9pm then by 11 full on contractions every 5-10 minutes that lasted all night. I was up all night long and at 4am I even got dressed and got my bags ready cause I was sure that within an hour or so I would be heading to the hospital. Then out of nowhere at 7am contractions completely stopped :sad: :grumble:

I just cant believe that I was went through that all night and end up with nothing. I wouldn't mind so much going over my due date if it wasn't for all these false alarms. I am so done with this. I haven't slept more than 2 hours since last Tuesday. I don't even feel excited about the baby cause I am so miserable and exhausted... Not to mention that it is 90 degrees here and like 80%humidity.

Hang in there! It sounds like your having a really rough time. Why can't having babies be a bit easier? The false labour is a nightmare. It's really caught me off guard this time. With my daughter I never even had a Braxton hicks, just the real deal. Fingers crossed he comes soon. Try to get some rest in the day if you can.
  • igottaworkout
    Options

Aww, I'm so sorry :( I hope you are able to catch up on some sleep during the day. Do you have an air conditioner at least? Maybe go swimming to cool off and have some pain free exercise. Good luck and I hope things happen really soon!
  • igottaworkout
    Options
    I had contractions for half the night last night, pretty painful and my back was killing me. They stopped when I went on a softer mattress and I felt so much better. I'm at 38 weeks right now and hopefully baby will come soon, I feel SO uncomfortable and FULL! The baby seems to be ginormous in there. I can barely walk sometimes when I first get up until the baby shifts a bit.. lol I wish my husband could experience my pregnancy for just a few seconds sometimes because he wants to be as active as ever.. going out, going for walks, movies, dinner out, etc, I can hardly keep up. Hopefully it won't be too much longer until baby is here.
  • kellykneppergrundy
    Options
    It sounds like everyone is miserable! It's a hard time of year to be heavily pregnant. My first was a December baby and we lived in a drafty 17th century cottage and I was glad to be extra warm. I sleep with a folded up duvet under my sheet and that helps a bit with the hip and back pain, but really at this point it's pretty much impossible to get a great night's sleep. I only get up once for the toilet at 5am and sleep the rest of the night pretty solidly but I still wake up feeling like I've been hit by a bus. Every morning I wake up not in labour and realise it's going to be another day of being huge and uncomfortable I just want to cry. I spent 10 minutes jumping on a trampoline today so maybe that will set me off. Anyway, hope we have to some more good news on the board soon.
  • igottaworkout
    Options
    Anyone have any news yet? :) I'm sooo ready to have this baby!! Yesterday me and my husband went out for gelato and a super long walk (1 hour) around downtown Ottawa. It was pretty fun and not painful after the first 10 mins. Sometimes I feel pretty good for being 38 weeks pregnant. But this morning my hips are pretty sore and I can't wait to have baby out again lol... My belly looks ridiculously big. I'm starting not to care what I'm eating at all at this point (macro-wise), I'm eating more carbs and less protein due to cravings for the past few days.. also the carbs seem to help my heartburn a bit. What about you guys? It's so weird, I have not had any cravings really for the whole pregnancy (except for eggs) and now that I'm less then 2 weeks to due date I am craving pretzels, cereal and doritos and just odd stuff. I'm just giving in to it lol..

Any weird changes for any of you guys?
  • dawnemjh
    Options
    I got up this morning and had some light bleeding, so I ended up having to go into the hospital and get checked out to see if it was my water, or placenta, or just mucous plug or what. I was due yesterday so I was hoping they would keep me, but no. I am home now. :frown:
    Baby looked fine, placenta was fine and probably just bloody show, but if I dont go by wednesday at 4, I am being induced!:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
    still feeling crampy and occasional contractions. Nausea off and on and heartburn as well. Plus its 90 degrees here so the weather is miserable. I am going to be as active as possible to help this little guy along.

Hope you are all doing ok!!! halfway through july already!!
  • igottaworkout
    Options
    I'm sure it will happen for you really soon! I think it might have been the mucus plug/bloody show, that usually happened to me a day before or the day when labor starts. I'm crossing my fingers for you!! :)
    I got up this morning and had some light bleeding, so I ended up having to go into the hospital and get checked out to see if it was my water, or placenta, or just mucous plug or what. I was due yesterday so I was hoping they would keep me, but no. I am home now. :frown:
    Baby looked fine, placenta was fine and probably just bloody show, but if I dont go by wednesday at 4, I am being induced!:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
    still feeling crampy and occasional contractions. Nausea off and on and heartburn as well. Plus its 90 degrees here so the weather is miserable. I am going to be as active as possible to help this little guy along.

• kellykneppergrundy
    Options

Exciting! Really hope it starts for you before Wednesday. The bloody show is a great sign!
  • DistantJ
    DistantJ Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Does anyone want to share what they named or are naming their babies?

I'll be 38 weeks tomorrow and have been dilated to a 1 and 60% effaced for 3 weeks. Sigh.

I'm still sick almost every day for most of the day. It has been a long 9 months. I'm paranoid that the sickness won't go away once he's born.

Anyway I digress. Happier thoughts: NAMES???
  • kellykneppergrundy
    Options
    I'm due tomorrow and we don't have a single name for either gander picked. We really are the worst procrastinators. But we get six weeks to pick a name and it's nice to see them first!
  • dawnemjh
    Options
    We don't have names picked out either! I am pretty sure the baby is coming today, I have been having contractions every 10 minutes for the past hour but this has happened before so I don't want to get too excited. And why is it that labor always happens in the middle of the night???