I confess- Single Peeps version

Options

Replies

• OperationSuperKAT
    OperationSuperKAT Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I confess I am having the best day ever!! I had to be up and out the door early to accompany at a high school competition, but I was done by noon, and I didn't have anywhere to be until my opera performance tonight, so I took full advantage of the sunny, 75 degree weather and got lost in some nature trails all afternoon. I honestly can't remember the last time I had half a day off, so it's been wonderful :-)
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I confess that I don't think I belong in this group any more. On Thursday, I upgraded from having a girlfriend to having a fiancee. I think I'll still stick around to look at the monthly funnies though.

Wooo hooooo!!! Congrats David. So have you set a date? :bigsmile: :drinker: :heart: :love: :flowerforyou:
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    I'm really upset. My roommate's boyfriend sent her a message and I saw a piece of their conversation. She was saying I need to get laid because I'm jealous (so not true - i actually just really, really don't like her boyfriend) and her boyfriend said that they couldn't even pay a killer whale to *kitten* me because I'm so ugly and disgusting.

Honestly Bregs, you need to move out. The atmosphere there must be awful. :flowerforyou:
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I'm really upset. My roommate's boyfriend sent her a message and I saw a piece of their conversation. She was saying I need to get laid because I'm jealous (so not true - i actually just really, really don't like her boyfriend) and her boyfriend said that they couldn't even pay a killer whale to *kitten* me because I'm so ugly and disgusting.

Honestly Bregs, you need to move out. The atmosphere there must be awful. :flowerforyou:

It would be really expensive for me to move out. My last day of work is May 31, then I'm out. I have an 11 day vacation in May, too. I'll survive.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    @ Congrats Dave!!

@ Congrats Kate!!

@ Kit,so happy you love this new job and I'm glad you're realizing now (as opposed to later once the damage has been done) that you need to take care of yourself for the long term

@ Bre, sorry to hear about all this drama... people are funny and can turn on you in a moment. You say everything was great for 6 months, everyone liked you. Russia is a different culture, but people still put up a front and pretend all is well for 3-6 months before their frustrations/irritations start coming out or, as in the case of your insensitive roomie or even-more-insensitive boyfriend, you become a target for their entertainment. Also, having taught at Air University for a few years, I can offer this: what students like and what bosses of teachers/professors want are often two different things. You have to figure out how to keep the students happy and learning while still adjusting to what the leadership wants to see from you. I found it had very little to do with teaching style (or even teaching results) and more to do with the relationship I had with other instructors and department head (so dinners out with the other instructors were just as important as my students performing well). You're welcome to PM if you wanna talk more about this. You'll get through this, so just hang on!!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I confess that I don't think I belong in this group any more. On Thursday, I upgraded from having a girlfriend to having a fiancee. I think I'll still stick around to look at the monthly funnies though.

Congrats!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I confess that I am doubly glad to leave for vacation this afternoon. Being away from work and seeing and experiencing new things is always a good thing. This time it is even better because my boss is retiring a few days after I return. Somehow he has coaxed all the ladies in the accounting division to alternate baking cookies, brownies, pies, and who-knows-what-else-is. My discipline is not great enough at this time to withstand the constant barrage of temptations. If I was here next week, there is a good chance I'd need to buy new (larger) clothes before he retires in 12 days.

Congrats Sir!!!! Happy for you :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I confess that after getting drunk and singing Bohemian Raphsody on Saturday my neck is killing me (must head bang to that song it's not even an option lol)

Worth it though
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I confess that I have been on four dates with a guy and I can't even tell if I like him or not. Part of me wants to run away and the other part of me wants to see him more. It seems to me if I really liked him I wouldn't bee so confused.

Anyone know why SweetestThing deactivate?

Kate we do have good weather here... not this week but sometimes! :laugh:
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    I confess that I have been on four dates with a guy and I can't even tell if I like him or not. Part of me wants to run away and the other part of me wants to see him more. It seems to me if I really liked him I wouldn't bee so confused.

I think sometimes we settle for someone that isn't perfect, but isn't bad either, in the hope that they'll grow on us. It's not impossible for that to happen, so just go with it till he makes you make a decision either way?
  • OperationSuperKAT
    OperationSuperKAT Posts: 886 Member
    Options

Haha I confess I was pretty pissed to wake up to snow this morning!!! :laugh:

When are we going to meet up???
  • jkandktmom
    Options
    Anna- I figure I'll give hime a couple more dates. He has some good qualities- like the one where he says I am beautiful all of the time- I like that quality a lot.:laugh:

Kate- We do need to see eachother soon!! The really crappy weather is now gone!! I think.
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    I adopted a new cat so my other cat could have a companion since I am away from home a lot. Well I know have a Chili and Pepper. Told a friend I should get a third and name it Red Hot but she said "NO! Two is an acceptable level of cats but once you hit 3 you are in crazy cat lady territory"
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    I adopted a new cat so my other cat could have a companion since I am away from home a lot. Well I know have a Chili and Pepper. Told a friend I should get a third and name it Red Hot but she said "NO! Two is an acceptable level of cats but once you hit 3 you are in crazy cat lady territory"

I think I agree! Even two is a bit iffy!!:laugh:
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options

I think I agree! Even two is a bit iffy!!

I was joking when I said it. Even I wouldn't want 3 cats. Plus this intergrating a new cat into the house is a slow process and I wouldn't want to go through it again.
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

I think I agree! Even two is a bit iffy!!

I was joking when I said it.

I know, so was I :laugh:
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    Happy Friday and Easter weekend for those that celebrate.
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    Was going through my cds this weekend, getting ready for a garage sale and realized I had really bad taste in music around 2000.
  • jkandktmom
    Options
    For the next three days we are having big meetings at work and I will be taking notes on a whiteboard. Trying to decide what to wear when 30+ construction contractors will be staring at my butt for an hour was a little daunting!!
  • grum84
    grum84 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    For the next three days we are having big meetings at work and I will be taking notes on a whiteboard. Trying to decide what to wear when 30+ construction contractors will be staring at my butt for an hour was a little daunting!!

Well, just putting myself in the contractors place...skirt and heels.