What should I have done ..

Options
12346»

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Just tell me wtf im supposed to be doing or how im supposed to be behaving so im not the most hated person in this place. cause i cant get it right. I dont know what to do anymore. I dont want to leave but i cant get it right. Im always damn wrong and its really hard to keep trying when you keep getting yelled at.

Just tell me what to do and ill shut up and do it.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Just tell me wtf im supposed to be doing or how im supposed to be behaving so im not the most hated person in this place. cause i cant get it right. I dont know what to do anymore. I dont want to leave but i cant get it right. Im always damn wrong and its really hard to keep trying when you keep getting yelled at.

A lot of people have your back :(
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

I don't know whom you got the "I hate yoovie" vibe from. Hopefully not I. I don't hate you nor anyone else on here.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options

I don't know whom you got the "I hate yoovie" vibe from. Hopefully not I. I don't hate you nor anyone else on here.

Well... MAYBE DM.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

Well... MAYBE DM.
    Ehh...disagreed with each other, yeah. I strongly doubt DM hates yoovie or anyone. If I really disliked someone on MFP, I'd tell them.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options

I have absolutely no clue at all what you are talking about and that is not a mean statement but simple fact.
    If people here are harassing you privately you have not told me about it so I can deal with it,that will never be allowed.
  • yoovie
    Options
    I dont tattle. It fixes nothing. It just pulls private hurtfulness into public hurtfulness and I dont want both.

I just cant figure out how Im supposed to think to fit in here. What i can say and what i cant say since all the appropriate levels are subjective and based on opinions and daily moods. Since Im the one with the worst attitude here, tell me what Im doing wrong.
  • yoovie
    Options

I have absolutely no clue at all what you are talking about and that is not a mean statement but simple fact.
    If people here are harassing you privately you have not told me about it so I can deal with it,that will never be allowed.

I never have ever accused you of being mean. Im like 99.99999999% sure of that.
  • Carl01
    Options
    I dont tattle. It fixes nothing. It just pulls private hurtfulness into public hurtfulness and I dont want both.

I just cant figure out how Im supposed to think to fit in here. What i can say and what i cant say since all the appropriate levels are subjective and based on opinions and daily moods. Since Im the one with the worst attitude here, tell me what Im doing wrong.
    I have not seen it publicly so if missed it am sorry.
    Disagreements will happen and if you feel attacked then say so.
    If in private I can't do anything if I don't know and will be honest am a bit taken aback by vague accusations that I can't address so if you are going to say it in public then I expect to be made aware of the situation specifically.
    Otherwise it becomes a cloud hanging over everyone's head.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Checking in to see if peeps wife is ready for angry make up sex yet:happy:

This made me LOL!!! :laugh:

Yoovie - no idea who is harrassing you, but what you're doing wrong is listening to whoever is!!

Mike - as per usual I choose to ignore these crass, irrational statements you come out with! I think you just like to provoke an argument which has got so boring to read I just drop off..... :yawn:
  • yoovie
    Options

If in private I can't do anything if I don't know and will be honest am a bit taken aback by vague accusations that I can't address so if you are going to say it in public then I expect to be made aware of the situation specifically.

You told me that before and I never said it again, including today. EVER. So please explain why Im still being told not to talk about it.
  • Carl01
    Options

You told me that before and I never said it again, including today. EVER. So please explain why Im still being told not to talk about it.
    I am lost,have no idea what you are talking about so please pm me about this.
    I have never had such a conversation with you Yoovie.
    You and I need to get on the same page here as I am completely mystified now.
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options

Mike - as per usual I choose to ignore these crass, irrational statements you come out with! I think you just like to provoke an argument which has got so boring to read I just drop off..... :yawn:

I was just commenting on my personal dating experience. Nothing more, nothing less.

Not trying to provoke an argument, it has just been my experience with dating. I even specifically said that it was my experience. I didn't say all women are sharks 24/7 that pray upon all nice guys out there. It wasn't a blanket statement on all females and I didn't mean it like that at all. That is why I specifically said it was my personal dating experience.

I'm very sorry you took offense and viewed it as being crass. That wasn't my intention at all. :flowerforyou:
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    I'm very sorry you took offense and viewed it as being crass. That wasn't my intention at all. :flowerforyou:

As much as I want to throw confetti and scream that hell has frozen over because you're actually being apologetic, it kind of bothers me that you're denying that you said... exactly what you said. You DID specifically say that all women are sharks, and you did specifically tell Carl that he shouldn't be nice because women treat nice guys like doormats.
    Carl, you need to stop being so damn nice to women. Women are like sharks.. they detect a nice guy and see how much they can get away with. If they think you'll be a doormat, they will treat you as such. There's certainly a time and place for being nice, but (sadly) women respect jerks more than the "nice guy" initially.

Yes, you added a little caveat at the end that said this is based on your experiences - but you were still projecting those experiences as an explanation for why what you said is "true" and not as a means of saying that they're probably NOT true.

So if you're gonna apologize... at least own up to what you should be apologizing for.

th_thsmiley_sharkattack.gif Jerks are tastier anyway :laugh:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    on the other hand it's quite possible that mike has in fact dated all women in multiple continents and able to time travel in different ages

my take on the matter is the guys who boohoo about all women being b***** are just as unattractive as the women who whine about all men being dirtbags and dogs.. maybe the problem is these 2 groups need to stop dating each other?

and carl i dont think you're mean, i think you're just trying to make logical sense out of certain things that make no logical sense. your basically asking why cant emotions be logical, which is kind of like asking why can't fire be more like water, right?
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    on the other hand it's quite possible that mike has in fact dated all women in multiple continents and able to time travel in different ages

my take on the matter is the guys who boohoo about all women being b***** are just as unattractive as the women who whine about all men being dirtbags and dogs.. maybe the problem is these 2 groups need to stop dating each other?

and carl i dont think you're mean, i think you're just trying to make logical sense out of certain things that make no logical sense. your basically asking why cant emotions be logical, which is kind of like asking why can't fire be more like water, right?

I'm no boo-hoo'ing it at all. I have no problem with it.. as I'm kind of a jerk to begin with :wink:

I'm just trying to help Carl out a bit. Sheesh!
  • Carl01
    Options

I'm no boo-hoo'ing it at all. I have no problem with it.. as I'm kind of a jerk to begin with :wink:

I'm just trying to help Carl out a bit. Sheesh!
    I refuse to accept that bring nice or decent is a bad thing no matter if postulated by a guy or a gal.
    If it is the so be it,I lose am not going to be anything different.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    I refuse to accept that bring nice or decent is a bad thing no matter if postulated by a guy or a gal.
    If it is the so be it,I lose am not going to be anything different.

Be the best you and you'll find the best gal for you :heart: :heart:
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Carl, you need to stop being so damn nice to women. Women are like sharks.. they detect a nice guy and see how much they can get away with. If they think you'll be a doormat, they will treat you as such. There's certainly a time and place for being nice, but (sadly) women respect jerks more than the "nice guy" initially.

At least this has been my 30 years of experience dealing with the opposite sex.

I can be a little sharky. It isn't that I want to take advantage of or hurt anyone.. but I do think I subconsciously test men for "strength". I have a very strong personality..and to be honest, I know I can tend to control or dictate how things go..whether that be where we go out for dinner, or what happens in the bedroom. And yet, I don't want this. AT ALL. I want a strong partner who won't give in..always let me get my way..is too agreeable. That just won't work for me. So "nice" guys who initially seem to lack strength, confidence, stubborness etc. tend to work out for me as friends..but nothing more. I feel awful saying I don't respect them..because I do.. but there is a different kind of respect or interest I show a more.. dominant man with a stronger personality. (Who could still be nice, technically!)