Crossfit Victories

Options

Replies

• abbyrae1
    abbyrae1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    PR'd my clean last night by 27.5lbs, PR'd my Push Press today by 15lbs! Still have a lot of room for improvement but very happy with my 12 week progress!

I have only been crossfitting for about 5 months, about a month and a half in, we determined 1RM on all the lifts we perform regularly in order to start at 12 week training program. I don't think I was necessarily at my full potential during the first testing time, however, at the time, I dont' think I could have lifted much more.
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Finally had the opportunity to find my 1RM for deadlift (I only CF 3x per week and have missed every time it's been done before) and managed to pull 225lbs!! My goal was to break 200 so I felt like a freakin' badass!!!

Also, I can tell that I am getting stronger all around...knees to (almost) chest is getting easier!!!! I can get in more reps before needing to give my hands a break and I'm able to bring my knees up higher than when I started CF 6 months ago!!
  • InTheInbetween
    InTheInbetween Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    ALMOST PR'd Fight Gone Bad last night. Missed it by a mere 9. Ugh! BUT, this time I did it RX whereas the last time we did it (about 4.5 months ago) I had just started CF and had to scale everything but the row. I feel a little better about being only 9 away knowing it was RX! I plan to blow it out of the water next time! ;)
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I hit a PR on my clean and jerk last night; 165 lbs!
  • Bella_DiVine
    Bella_DiVine Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Knocked 2.18mins off my fran time, just need to RX now!

Also got a PR on my snatch, only 20kg but 3 weeks ago I couldnt get the empty bar over my head (I have poor shoulder mobility) so I'm delighted with that :-)
  • MUALaurenClark
    MUALaurenClark Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    PRed back squat by 20lbs.
  • cmay89
    cmay89 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    190# 1RM Power clean, 185# 3 RM power clean and....sooooo very close to standing up from a squat clean with 200#. Almost 3 PR's last night. I'm going to give it a couple of weeks and try for 200 again. It was easier than I was anticipating.
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Not sure I've ever posted to this. I guess something I can say for this week is that Fran was the workout Monday night and this time around I did it Rx'ed which I hadn't before. Finished in 7:42.
  • difabu
    difabu Posts: 143
    Options
    PR'd my deadlift at 235 yesterday.
  • lilsmiley11122
    lilsmiley11122 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a CF newbie, just started 2 months ago. This may sound like a silly victory, but yesterday I surprised my coach so much when he saw me do a 95lb clean and jerk that he yelled "holy ****!" out loud, lol. I never lifted weights before, so I have felt very much behind the power curve and it was nice to know I had impressed him. :-)
  • cjcolorado
    cjcolorado Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I did two strict pull-ups from a dead hang today. This doesn't seem like much, but, as a long-time runner, I've not done much in the way of pull-ups, so I'm pretty psyched to see improvement! I've gotten kipping down for toes-to-bar and knees-to-elbows, so I might be able to try kipping pull-ups soon, too. I just wanted to get my strict form down well first. Also, double-unders seem to be finally "clicking" for me, after having first started CF two months ago. Yay, me!
  • ascrit
    Options
    Hit a PR on my snatch last night. It felt pretty great. :-)
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Didn't accomplish this at Crossfit, but I did hit a PR on my clean and jerk this morning during my BBG segment at the gym.
  • CrossFitSandra
    Options
    150 20" box jumps and 1200m row later, I got my first Rx yesterday! And hashed my shin on #7 of those box jumps (just in time for my company Christmas party! I guess that means I'll be wearing tights with my dress).
  • ascrit
    Options
    150 20" box jumps and 1200m row later, I got my first Rx yesterday! And hashed my shin on #7 of those box jumps (just in time for my company Christmas party! I guess that means I'll be wearing tights with my dress).

The first RX always feels great. :-)
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    My first RX was one with wall balls and running. I remember seeing it and thinking "if I don't RX this I won't RX anything"

Took me a bit longer than everyone else but I did it.
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    During our "12 Days of Christmas" wod yesterday, I completely shocked myself by getting my first every Toes-to-Bar! I was able to the first one in each set (and then did K2E). So awesome! This was going to be one of my 2014 goals ;)
  • ascrit
    Options
    I RX'd my WOD yesterday and finished second in my class (50 DU's/100 singles, 50 Wall balls 20 lb, 50 Push press 75 lb, 50 Med ball sit ups, 50 Burpees) but the best part was before the WOD.

Legless rope climb was the skill we were working on and my coach asked ME to demonstrate for everyone. Before CF I have NEVER been able to climb a rope and there I was, showing everyone how to climb a rope without using your legs. I felt very proud of myself.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I RX'd my WOD yesterday and finished second in my class (50 DU's/100 singles, 50 Wall balls 20 lb, 50 Push press 75 lb, 50 Med ball sit ups, 50 Burpees) but the best part was before the WOD.

Legless rope climb was the skill we were working on and my coach asked ME to demonstrate for everyone. Before CF I have NEVER been able to climb a rope and there I was, showing everyone how to climb a rope without using your legs. I felt very proud of myself.
    Wow! That's awesome! Congratulations on being a model for your class. :drinker:
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I got my first double under today!! I've made gains on strength, endurance, and form since I started CF in mid-November, but this is the first benchmark skill I've "mastered". (and I'm using mastered loosely since I don't know when I'll be able to repeat it, lol)

So the story: Since I've been having problems doing singles with the box's ropes because I can never find the right length and they have kinks in them, I've been contemplating buying my own. Asked the coach 2 nights ago and he gave me his recommendation. Asked the coach tonight and she proceeded to pull out her bag of ropes she's collected over the years. Even tho she's taller than me, I tried her RX'd one since they've got thicker handles than the ropes I've been using. Did a few single unders tried for a double under. Got it on my first try. So shocked I literally just stopped jumping and asked "Was that a double under?!?!?" She confirmed it was and she gave me another rope to try (cyclone). Took a few singles and got a double then a couple more singles another double but caught my foot when I tried for another unbroken. She's going to let me borrow the cyclone and the rogue since their lengths can be adjusted to see which I like best. I may also see who has a RX'd that's more my height to try again it as well. I've been so stoked all night, lol.